Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Well, I Went Bargain Hunting Today . . . and Scored!

lynninnewmexico
13 years ago

You all did it again! I start looking at all your great finds and tables and the next thing I knew, I was stopping off at GW and TJM this morning when I should have been grocery shopping and I found some pretty good bargains!

I found these two darling Easter bunnies at GW, still with their tags on, for $3 each. They're about 8" tall and have a soft, old-fashioned sparkly finish to them. Thank goodness I cleaned out my tablescape cab recently, so that I can hide these away till Easter. Otherwise DH will think I've lost my mind ;^D

{{gwi:1432705}}

I found another one of my favorite napkins there, too. They only had one, but I already have 8; I just like the pattern and can always use one more. They're from Williams-Sonoma.

{{gwi:1432706}}

Also at GW, I found 8 of these beautiful white & gold dotted salad dishes. They're in perfect condition and were $2 each.

{{gwi:1432707}}

They have a quilted texture to them, which I really like. I'm not sure if I'll use them before the holidays, but I do think they'd work well with an elegant white & gold table. Here's a close-up of the quilting:

{{gwi:1432708}}

I bought 5 of these plain white salad plates for $.59 each to paint. I've painted wine glasses before but never plates. I have the paints still, so I thought I'd give it a try.

{{gwi:1432709}}

And then, the car drove itself into TJ Maxx's parking lot on my way to Trader Joes, so I wandered through their housewares department and these pretty butter yellow dinner plates jumped right into my shopping cart. I can see myself using them throughout Fall and then again in the Spring and Summer. They were $4 each. Not the biggest bargain, but I'm crazy about them.

{{gwi:1432710}}

Comments (9)

• patty_cakes
    13 years ago

Wow Lynn, fantastic finds! I need to get out more often. ;o)

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Lynn..great buys..
    just love when pretty things 'jump' into your cart!

Who could resist that cute Bunny couple? They will be nice to 'rediscover' next Easter.
    The quilted dot plates are pretty and unusual too.
    Also, I can't wait to see what you paint on the white plates. That will be a nice project.
    I've got the same TJM plates, in turquoise and creame.
    I love them too, and they're so versatile.
    Look forward to seeing all your 'Treasure Finds' on future tables.

jane

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

I've become a TJM addict since joining in our this forum! LOL! I love the plates you found there...still a great price & they will be very versatile in your t'scaping!

The garden bunnies are adorable...baby cks & all! And nice you could add to your linen collection. Those gold dotted plates look interesting...bet you'll come up with some really exquisite! Glad you had a fun day! I'd enable with you anytime! TFS, lynn! Jeanne S.

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Love those yellow plates.
    The bunnies are cute, and the plates with the gold are just lovely!
    Great finds, Lynn!

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

You scored for sure. Cute bunny couple and it's great that you found another napking to match your set. The gold dotted salad plates and the yellow plates are both awesome. I can hardly wait to see what you paint on your white salad plates. Looks like you had a wonderful day.

Punk

• lynninnewmexico
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for your kind words . . . and your enabling (LOL) ;^D
    I do have to make one correction, though: the gold & white plates were $1 each, not $2.
    Patty: girl, you get out a lot! I've seen your bargains, but if you want to zip down here, we can go out bargain hunting together and really do some damage!
    Jane: you have the turquoise? I saw a few of those recently; they're lovely! I have 4 (or 6?) of the same pattern in the cream and really like them. It's scary when you have so many dishes you can't remember things like that! You should have seen DD yesterday when she saw the 3 new groups of dishes (ROFLMAO). There was a lot of eye rolling!
    Jeanne: yes, you are a very bad/good enabler! I plan on checking out some tablescape pics here to inspire me.
    Kathleen: thanks. If you have any pics of white & gold tables, I'd love to see them. I need inspiration.
    Punk: Thanks! I'm anxious to get started on the plates.

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

What great finds. The buttery plates are my favorites. Love the color AND the pattern. I should think they will make a great contrast with your dark table.

I have some white plates with gold stars on the rims and use them (along with "movie items") for Academy Award Night - sort of a spoof on the elegant them. The quilting on your plates does give them a special touch. I bet you'll use them for more than just fancy-pants dinners.

Isn't it funny how a person can shop and find nothing at all and then turn around and find all sorts of goodies.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

You really found some wonderful goodies! The bunny couple are so cute, how could you NOT bring them home. The quilted/gold dot plates really look elegant and the TJM plates are fabulous. I've not painted on glass--other than some old jars years ago--so I'm eager to see what you paint on the white plates too. You could do plates and glasses to match even. Glad you had a fun and productive shopping trip. ;o)

Luvs

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Lynne, isn't is amazing how looking on these forums "inspires" us to go shopping? LOL

I have certainly added a large quantity of dishes to my collection since meeting the enablers on here!

I love everything you bought and I have 4 of the cream ones like the ones you bought at TJM. I found them at Ross after the holidays last year for $1 each. Since then, I have found the mustard colored ones, but no more cream.
    Now, just hand over the rabbits and no one gets hurt! LOL

TTFN,
    Candy

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner
More Discussions