Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Late Summer Tablescape on Porch for Two

Posted by jeannespines (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 27, 10 at 19:45

Well, we've had some beautiful "less humid" weather this week...so have been enjoying the gardens & the porch. In June I shared the Gabriel Pottery that I fell in love with & bought a garage sale...remember this pic:

Gabriel Pottery T'scape Full View 6.10

Well, I added 4 bowls while on a day trip with some friends...got 4 of these at GW for $1 ea...love 'em:

Tablescape Summer Place Setting 8.10

Thought they would look great with the green Gabriel! I looked them up & they are called cereal bowls (but looks like they'd be good for other things..the placemats are "outdoor" ones on sale at Kohl's (so you enablers having me ckg the linens everytime I go in the store now...LOL).
Tcape Summer TS Bowls 8.10

Here's a full view of the "Summer Table for Two" (hopefully, we'll sit there tomorrow night!):

Tscape Summer Full View 8.10

Here's a close-up of the centerpc...I hope you noticed that watering can in the full view cause I've got more to tell about it. I took the garden angels from porch decor & also the little green vase..they're sitting on pc of Gabriel pottery. Napkins & holders are also a sale buy from Kohl's this past yr (since I joined the Holiday Forum!)

Tablescape Angels Summer Centerpc 8.10

And that watering can I decided to use today for Hydrangeas for centerpc. Well, I got a bit of a surprise as I carried it to the garden full of water...this little guy came crawling out the spout! Cute, isn't he!
Tree Frog in Watering Can 8.10

Sweet little tree frog...I like him better when he changes to a "green" color...guess he would of if I left him alone in my t'scape!

Well, hope you've enjoyed my "Late Summer for Two" ...it's been good to get outside in bearable weather & to enjoy the porch! Here's my Farmer's Market basket for tomorrow...

Hollyhock Seeds FM Basket 8.10

Thanks for looking! Jeanne s.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Late Summer Tablescape on Porch for Two

The table looks summery without looking "hot". So I really like it. Greens always make me think of a cool breeze, probably cause I live in the darn desert. LOL.
Your centerpiece is wonderful. Fun to repurpose garden things inside. Including the tiny frog, what a cutie.

From what you said about your shopping finds, I can tell just how well the gang here has done their job of ENABLING.
They've certainly 'helped' you a lot...along with everyone else who ventures here. LOL.

hugs, Karen

o

Ooh la la, I'm loving what I see here, Jeanne. Your bowls are so pretty and look lovely on this table you set. I agree you could use them for more than cereal. You've gotten some great deals. The place mats, napkins, rings and bowls go so well with your Gabriel dishes.

Centerpiece with angels is so neat and your pitcher with the little frog and hydrangeas are great. Funny how that little fella just appeared. He changes colors? How fun. Enjoyed seeing your birds on this table.

Hope you enjoy your meal on the porch. You famers basket looks nice and hope you sell all of your seeds. Bet your glad you have the enablers here after all your great finds.

Great to see you have been here and posted, Karen. Sure miss you when you're not.

Punk

o

Jeanne, the bowls go so well with your plates, lucky find, huh? Love the angels and birds, and the watering can with hydrangea is so pretty. How fun that the little tree frog had found a shady spot in your watering can! ;o)

Oh, I should find and plant some hollyhock seeds. Used to have lots of them on our cellar on the farm when I was still at home. I always picked the blooms, turned them upside down and inserted a stick to make "dollies" with fancy skirts. ;o)

Luvs

o

Jeanne..
Glad you got a little relief in the weather and was inspired to put this pretty table together.
I love the pattern of your bowls. I can't believe what you paid for them.
Those little angels are darling and I like how you placed them, peering into the green vase.
I wonder if your froggie is a 'relative' of the ones 'hanging' out in my flower pots. There seems to be so many of them this year.

jane

o

Thanks, gals...I did eye those plates & wondered how they would look with the Gabriel...& I really like them! I didn't get any place setting bowls with the Gabriel...only a veggie bowl.

punk...yup, those little tree frogs turn bright "lime green" ... they are so tiny...I don't pick them up but my GKids love to! jane...I'm sure those hanging in your pots are distant relatives! Here's a pic from a few yrs back of my "peeper:"

Tree Frog Peeper

purplemoon...yes, the "enablers" do a good job here...& I'm speaking for "yourself," too! LOL! Love seeing your vignettes & your beautiful collections!

luvs...I can send you some Hollyhock seeds if you want to e-mail me your address...they are such a lovely old-fashioned flower...my g'ma also taught me how to make those dollies as a child...makes me :-) Jeanne S

o

Jeanne, I'd love to buy a packet of your Hollyhock seeds. I'll email you my address. Will be so great if I can say I've grown hollyhocks from Iowa and you! Luvs

o

It's a great table, so summery. The garden angels are enjoying it too! I think the frog would like to hop on out of there LOL NanaKaren

o

Great table and I love your garden fairies!
I don't think we have any little frogs like that around here, but he sure is cute!

I wish my hydrangeas would bloom, but I don't think that is going to happen. I like your little white birds too. Are they S & P or just decoration?

TFS,
Candy

o

What a peaceful setting. You have such an eye for combining and arranging things. The plates, new cereal bowls and outdoor place mats go so well together.

You won't catch me picking up frogs, but my oldest granddaughter LOVES them. I have to watch her because she'll pet them to death.

Again, love the settings.

o

That looks very cool and refreshing, Jeanne. It is 90 here, and we spent the day at the beach under the umbrella!
Lovely breeze.
But your table make it feel very cool!

o

I love it, Jeanne! It has a cool, fresh Summery look to it. The striped placemats reinforce the porch look and your new dinnerware looks perfect with them. The pottery pieces are great and I LOVE the watering can filled with hydrangeas . . . and your little visitor, too!
Lynn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here