Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Melons and Berries Table

christmascandy
12 years ago

I missed Watermelon Day, but had these cute watermelon bowls and glasses I wanted to use on a table. I guess red and green can be summer colors in addition to Christmas colors, LOL

The bowls, plates, glasses, candleabra, candle holder, strawberry pot, and linens are all TS treasures. The flatware was Ross and the little garden tools are curtain finials from Big Lots.

The votive candles have melted somewhat as the candleabra has been out on my patio.

The fruit is real, and is for dinner tonight.

The chargers were .34 ea, HL after holiday clearance.

I only found 2 of the melon bowls and 2 of the melon glasses, so this is a much simpler table than usual.

Happy summer. I'm enjoying the watermelon and other fruits while they are in season.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (14)

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Candy this table 'Speaks-Summer' !!
    Love the color combination..and yes red & green 'ain't' just for Christmas!!
    For TS finds, again, everything goes perfectly together. Such pretty bowls - glasses - plates & flatware.
    That tablecloth reminds me of a Summer Picnic and fun times! Love it all.
    I'm so happy you got to use all your pretty things, even though you missed 'Watermelon Day' !! lol
    Enjoyed it all.
    jane

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Oh..I forgot to mention..the Melon & Berries look soooo
    good! I'm going to my fridge for some now...
    I have NO will power....lol

jane

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Summer-y t'scape! Love the checkered t'cloth w/your watermelon & berry accessories! Those bowls are cute & I just saw some early in the week on a shopping trip at a Tanger Outlet Center...but I refrained, candy! (LOL!)

Your stacked place settings are wonderful...love the combo of color & texture & adding the gingham napkins! Cute gardening accessories for the centerpc! This table just cries "Happy Summer!" ...& I'm also enjoying the seasonal fruits! TFS! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Candy, this is such a cute table with all the melons and berries. Love the watermelon bowls, plates and glasses. What a a pretty cp with all the fruit, lantern, potted strawberries, candle and gardening tools. Your green chargers are still one of my favorites!

Punk

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Another YUMMY table and feast for the eyes. Fruit looks and sounds great this time of year, wish I had some RIGHT now! sigh.

Hey, red and green is every bit as much summer colors as they are Christmas colors! Your table sure couldn't be any more summery! ;o)

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

This is a perfect summer table!
    Great use of color and pattern.
    I love how you layered the red checkered tc over the green one.
    The watermelon bowls and glasses are really cute.
    I want to reach in and take a piece of fruit or maybe two..
    Nana

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

Those watermelon bowls and glasses are the cutest. Like your garden tools tied together with the fancy cord.
    I think the green tablecloth and the checkered topper set everything off so well. This tablescape appears simple, but there is a lot of attention to detail and nice touches that pull it all together. Really well done!

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

I agree with what everyone else has said. Just a picture perfect summer table! Love the watermelon bowls and glasses! And the fresh fruit looks so cool and yummy!

Kath

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Candy, I certainly agree with everything that the others have said, I love the watermelon theme you have , The summer fruits are my favorites, melons, berries, peaches, it just doesn't get any better. Janet

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Wonderful watermelon table. Perfect for summer!

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Those bowls and glasses are sure cute and are perfect for a summer table. We've been having lots of fresh fruit here too--so perfect on these hot days. I love your chargers and just think, I'll get to start shopping at HL for great bargains like them soon too! Yipee!

Luvs

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Let's eat! Looks very inviting! Love the colors and the plates, etc. Beautiful!

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jane, I think the red/white check is definitely picnic looking,it just needs some ants, LOL
    Remember: you need 5-7 servings of fruit/veggies every day, so go ahead and head for the fridge.

Jeanne, I've never heard of Tanger Outlets. Are they like Christmas Tree Shops and now I'm going to be jealous that I don't have those either?? WAAAH.

Punk, I have some other plans for those chargers! I really like that color too.

Karen, I like all the different shades of green on here and the red is a bit softer with the white checks to balance it out.

Nana, I would like to find 2 more of the watermelon bowls and glasses, but that just gives me an excuse to keep TS shopping, LOL

OA, thanks for noticing. BTW, we haven't seen any fab tables from you lately. Whats up with that??

Kath, the fruit was good. Thanks.

Janet, I love the summer fruits and the summer season in general. Lots of sweet corn in the stores now too. MMMMM

Kathleen, I don't have as many watermelon themed items as you, since I don't have a CTS!!! wah wah wah You had so many cute items on your table, but this is what I was able to find.

Luvs, better start saving your money now! HL has great items and the weekly specials are super too. Maybe one of these days I will get a Christmas Tree Store! I hope.

Marlene, thanks, I always enjoy creating the tables. It just adds to the fun to post the pictures and see what everyone has to say about them.

Thanks, everybody.

Candy

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Nah, candy...don't WAAAH...they are just outlet stores w/better pricing (sometimes):

"Tanger�s portfolio of outlet centers has continued to expand and today includes 37 outlet centers in 25 states coast to coast. Savvy outlet shoppers look to Tanger Outlet Centers for the biggest selection of first-quality, in-season merchandise, for the latest fashion trends from their favorite brand name and designer outlet stores and so much more. Because consumer love shopping and saving direct from the manufacturer, Tanger centers are major tourist attractions that welcome more than 175 million brand name bargain hunters annually. America knows the value of shopping TangerStyle."

I'm want to visit a CTS so bad, too...but they're not out this way yet! LOL! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tanger Outlets

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions