Inspired by a bargain tablescape...

Posted by kathleen_li (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 15, 10 at 19:01

Sharing this summery scape with you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Summery Tablescape

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Inspired by a bargain tablescape...

Very beautiful, kathleen...the pink hydrangea with your sewn table linen is so striking! Love your new bowls ($$bargains!) from PB ...they work wonderfully with that fabric, too. Pink napkins doubled with the aqua trim one is a very lovely combo with the dishes & silver napkin holder. Yes, very SUMMERY! Love it! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Thanks, Jeanne! I have had those napkins for over 30 yrs! Got them in Gimbels, long gone. I think there was a bin of them! 10 cents each! :)

o

Love the fabric you used for the topper, and how great that your yard supplies you with both blue and pink hydrangea to enjoy and use on your tables. Good deal on the bowls, glad you were able to get the same bargain for the Tablescaper! Your salad and the shrimp, coleslaw and corn look so yummy too. TFS

Luvs

o

Kathleen, Such a lovely table. Beautiful linens, flowers and don't the dishes always look prettier when we find a bargin, I love finding things that I love at a bargin price, even if it's just one piece and then I have to hunt for other things to match or complement it. I think it is maybe just the challenge of finding the right thing and never knowing what, where, or when you will find it.Your blog is such an inspiration. I really enjoy it. Janet

o

Kathleen, beautiful table, flowers, candles, napkins and tablecloth you made. Pretty dishes and your snail nakin rings with flowers look great with the chargers you used. You always find such great deals on dishes, so happy for you. Oh and your food always makes me want to eat with you.

Punk

o

Kathleen,your table is fabulous! I'm very jealous as I have 2 hydrangeas and one is 6 yrs old and never gets any larger than 8" tall and has not bloomed since I planted it. The other one is about a foot tall but has not bloomed other than the blooms that were on it when I planted it, :(

One eentsy detail, check your fork placements. I believe the salad fork should be to the left of the dinner fork as I was always taught that the silver works from the outside in, so if your salad is your first course, the salad fork should be to the left of the dinner fork.

The menu looks yummy and I agree with Janet that the price of those lovely bowls makes them even more attractive.

I also always love to see your different tables, they are so varied but always beautifully done and you have such a variety of different accessories! Your presentation is well thought out as usual.

TFS,
Candy

o

Candy, thanks for looking so closely. In that scape you will notice there is no salad plate, so the fork is meant for dessert. I believe you are supposed to use utensils from the outside in, so that is why the soup spoon is on the outside, and the dessert fork is closest to the plate.

Maybe you were confused as I showed a salad for the Foodie Fri part of the post. You can see that is on different china, so it wasn't part of that setting.
But, I am sure I make plenty of mistakes! :)
I read when you use a napkin ring you must have the point of the napkin toward the diner, but sometimes it jist looks better the other way! LOL

As for the hydrangea, I feed mine Hollytone Spring and Fall. They are very common here, I guess they don't mind the salt air as they do well.

Thanks Luvs, Janet and Punk. I appreciate you taking the time to look!

o

Yeppers, it looks super duper!!! and that food looks amazing. Your tables are always beautiful, but you could serve that food on newpaper and it would look delish!!
Thanks for posting the link...see ya', gotta' go back and read more.......

o

Kathleen,
You are right, I thought the Foodie Fri. was your menu.

Thanks for letting me know.
Again, I always love your tables as they are so beautiful.

Looking forward to the next one.

TTFN,
Candy

o

Thank you, Candy!

o

Kathleen..
Sorry I'm late to the 'bargain tablescape'!
What a lovely table with all your amazing bargains.
'My kind of gal', making that beautiful fabric into a topper. It sets off those dishes and floral arrangement perfectly.
Have to agree with Jay on your food, being set on newspaper, and it would look fabulous! However, I love when you add all the 'frou frpu' to go with it!!

jane

o

How lovely, Kathleen! I love every last bit of it. The tablecloth is fantastic. There's something about hydrangeas that are just so Summery and romantic. Love your flower arrangement and those darling silver snail napkin rings, too! I always love seeing your tables!
Lynn

o

Thanks, Lynn and Jane. I always appreciate your kind comments.
Hydrangea are one of my favorite flowers. Now it is time to dry them to use for other projects!

o

Kathleen, I am sorry to be so slow posting. But you know I am a card-carrying member of your Fan Club! ;o) Your tables, and food, always leave me looking for words to fit how wonderful they are. For now, I'll just have to say "ditto" on the others comments. I so enjoy your blog too, tho I'm not a blog poster. LOL.

Wish I could see...HAVE... Hydrangeas here. They are the most beautiful flower ever I think! But I can only enjoy them in pictures (and silk ones) thanks to our weather.

hugs, Karen

o

Thanks, Karen!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here