Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
creekdweller_gw

Show us your TS & GS Christmas finds!

creekdweller
13 years ago

I know a lot of you guys shop all year @ TS, GS & anywhere we can get a really good deal. How about showing just the items that you have bought since last Christmas. New additions. Not in an arrangement setting just the items. Or, is it a surprise?

I have to take pics too. But, I have managed to buy a few items through out the year. Will post as soon as I get the pics down loaded.

Anyone game?

Creek

Comments (29)

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Creek, Welcome and glad to see you here often. I had to go back and read your original post to catch up. Sorry to hear all the issues with your parents but you can still be Thankful you have them to be with. No one said life would be easy and you know it's anything but that with all you've been going through. Sounds like these ladies were there for you when you needed them. They are such a fun, caring bunch and we even get a little crazy at times and talk about going on a bus trip together.

Now back to showing pictures of Christmas stufff. I will try to get some taken soon to share. BTW, I never feel I have to save anything for a surprise! I'm a NOW kinda girl or it would never get done.

Again, welcome and will chat more later. Thanks for the idea of this post, it may end up being a fun one.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Creek, I think this is a fine idea, but haven't really been buying much for Christmas--but I'm sure there may be a few things I find/buy between now and Christmas and I always love to share.

I'm like Punk, I like to share right away, otherwise it may get put away and I'll forget all about it! LOL

Some of the collectors will probably have more to share since they often order from ebay and such as well as finding things at the stores.

Can't wait to see what everyone shares.

Luvs

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

(Sigh) You all are such bad influences on me (LOL)! OK, here's the nutcracker I just bought the other day on GW. He's 14" tall and should work well with the rest of my collection.
    {{gwi:1432255}}
    I can see him in a Christmas tablescape, too.
    Lynn

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

I may have shown these before, but I found this round ornament for .45 c. It is about 8" in diameter.

It lights up, the gingerbread people march around the gingerbread house and it plays 25 different Christmas songs!

Then I found this Santa that has a secret drawer in the base. He was $2.12. I think he has such a sweet face, I couldn't resist!

He is about 12" tall. I have so much Christmas decor that I have to be very selective in adding anything!

Either one could work for a tablescape. Sorry I don't have more to share but as I said before....

TTFN,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Lynn, darling mouse nutcracker. He looks like he'll be the boss with that sword. You may have to hide him if Karen stops by during the Holidays.

Candy, love your ball and it lights up, the gingers dance and it plays music. I want some of those.

Your santa with the hidden drawer is also wonderful. I just love Santas and this is a keeper.

Punk

• janet1_2007
    13 years ago

Still havent had a chance to get the GKs to teach me to post pic. We've gotten through one GD's wedding, now the GS's and another GS just got started at UNC yesterday...Maybe when things slow down a little---/ I don't usurally get out to the Sat morn YSs, but this morn I needed some green peppers from the FM to finish up a batch of Spaghetti Sauce I was canning, and stopped at one that Relay For Life was having. I found a set of 8 stemmed goblets and 4 matching desert stems. They were decorated with holly and gold rims. I also found a wooden Uncle Sam and a candle in a red, white, and blue bowl for other holidays.It must have just been a clean up sale from a previous one, because when I ask her how much I owed her, she said just give me $3 or $4 or make a donation to Relay.I didn't feel right about $3 or $ since it was for a good cause so I gave her $10. They also had a beautiful crystal serving platter with pine cones and holly, but since I have Direct Deposit and seldom have much cash, i was afraid to spend much more until I found my pepers (Wouldn't t be dangerous if we could use our debit cards at YSs ) After I got my peppers, I decided to stop on my way home and see if it was still there . Surpise!For another $2 donation it came home with me. Earlier in the summer at GW I found a service for 8 Christmas Dish set with holly and a red bow on them (Gibson, sorry don't know the name of the pattern) and the stemware that I found today will look great with them. Another time at Gw I found a set of Snowmwn dishes for $4 (service for 4) I found snowflake stems at DT to use with them for winter. The only other things I have bought for Christmas were 8 strands of Wood cranberry beads for the little gingerman tree I use in the kitchen and 7 Byer's Choice carolers from Ebay for 27$. There was a Mr. &Mrs Santa and 5 girl carolers. The Santas will go with my Santa collection.I have a soft spot in my heart (or maybe my head?) for Santas. Candy, I love your Santa and the ornament, wouldn't mind finding a few of those myself, esp at that price. Lynn your nutcracker is sweet too. Would love to have room to store them, they would be right on my list of wants , along with tea pots and soup tureens. Have fun, Janet

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Janet, sounds like you found alot of great things. I can hardly wait to see all your goodies. Hope those GK can help you start posting pictures.

I took the morning and went shopping and found so many fun things. The candle holder with the marble base and tureen are from Italy. I also got a set of Princess House vases which match my collection so that was a wonderful.

Is my gold bird a peacock? And check out all my gold deer. One holds a candle. The angel vase and little angel are so sweet. Wish I would of had them for my last pink table. Christmas plates are from Susan Winget collection. I had way to much fun.

Besides this I got alot of new swags and wreaths to decorate for Christmas. The greenery in the picture is a tree that hangs on the wall with a wooden trunk. Oh and a new table cloth and some new napkins for my TS table. Will probably use my horse and tray with hummer on my TS table.

Creek, hope you and everyone ready for all of this.LOL You may be sorry you ask but I had a blast and won't be doing this again till next year.

Punk

• janet1_2007
    13 years ago

Punk, you did yourself proud!. What a great day you had too. I don't know if the gold bird is a peacock or not., Kinda looks like a Bird of Paridise to me. I was sort of proud of myself today; after all the great things I found this morning, I made a blue and white checked tablecloth this afternoon from some light upolstery material that I found at a ys a few weeks ago for $1. It turned out really pretty and had a lot more body to it than some of the more expensive ones that I have seen. Guess that gives me a good excuse to hunt for some solid white or solid red dishes doesn't it. How much of an excuse do I need? Ha I love those deer you found. Isn't thrift shopping great? Have fun, Janet

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

WOW, ladies! All I can say is that you are really, really GOOD at TS'ing! I am lovin' EVERYTHING...but can't wrap my head around Christmas decor yet! tee-hee...yeah, right! Looks like lots of beautiful things coming later on our forum! TFS! Jeanne S.

• User
    13 years ago

My sister bought me these 3Wise Men from HSN.
    They're large--about 20 inches tall, and a bit over-the-top with the trimming...but wonderfully so.

Something tells me they're also going to make fun cat toys as well! ;-(

Jim

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Lynn, bet Karen will love your mouse nutcracker. Great that you can add to your collection.

Candy, that ornament was a wonderful find. So neat that it lights up and plays music too! The santa is darling too.

Janet, it sounds like you made out like a bandit with all that glassware and the platter. You are right--atms at YS might not be a good thing! LOL If you need help to learn to post pics, there are a couple of good posts with step by step instructions that we can guide you to. If you are like me, it's easier if someone shows me how, but I followed the step by step and it worked out great--if I can do it, I know you could!

Punk, you found a bunch of wonderful goodies! My favs are those darling dishes and the cherub/angel vase. But you got lots of neat sunflower things, and all the greenery and berry items will come in handy. That horse is great (Karen did you see the horse?) and that candleholder is elegant. Was all this at a YS or TS? What a haul! ;o)

Jim, you are still alive and kicking! Good to "see" you posting over here again. Your sister did a great job on selecting just the perfect gift for you. I love the faces on the wisemen and on the camels too! Yes, the kitties will probably love all the pretty "danglies" on them. ;o)

This is a fun post. Makes me want to go "treasure shopping" for Christmas even though I'm really enjoying our wonderful summer days this year.

Luvs

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

WOW, you gals and Jim have found some great things!
    We don't have good thrift shops here, they charge as much as new.
    But last Thurs I went to a new SAVERS 45 min away for my first time ever, and had a wonderful time.
    I haven't taken pics yet. And it wasn't Christmas except for a few things.
    Punk, you hit the Jack pot!!! And Jim, those Wise Men are gorgeous!
    I can see them in a beautiful mantle display!

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Janet, I want to see your new tablecloth and Yes you will have to go buy dishes to set on it! Doesn't get much better than a $1 for a new TC.

Do you want Luvs or someone on here to try and help you post pictures? If you want to call me, I would try to talk you through this process too. Let us know if we can help. We would love to have you posting pictures here.

Luvs, this was at several yard sales. We must of hit at least 7 different ones and it was a blast. I got everything put away in totes so that's even nicer.

Kathleen, I did hit the jack pot or at least thought I did.LOL

Jim, your 3 wise men on their camels are stunning. Truly beautiful. Your sister has very good taste. Hope those naughty kitties are nice to them this year. They had some camels at the fair this week but they weren't near as pretty as yours.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Hi Gang. I'm sorry Life has been in the way of me posting. I've been lurking some,and trying to keep up, butI feel bad not commenting. I'll try to catch up when I can. Of course anything Christmas really perks me up. ;o) Jim its GREAT to see you again. And those Wise Men are fabulous! Your sister always finds you the most wonderful things.(does she spoil you a bit? LOL) I hope the tiny 4-footed terrorists leave them alone. Do you still have all the baby kitties?

ALL the things posted and described in this thread are great. I'd have bought everything had it crossed my path. LOL. Punk, you won the Lottery of Stuff this week! What a haul you made! Holy Cow!!! I need to start doing yard sales! That carousel horse especially has me drooling all over my keyboard! WOW. Along with the Mouse King Nutcracker
    that Lynn found. But as I said, I love everyone's great finds! (113 here today, so seeing Christmas stuff is a good 'escape')

Here's mine that I got last week...I think. Online shopping at eBay and Etsy. Its been a bit crazy around here and my brain is totally mush.(feel free to send some good thoughts for things to settle down. I could use some extra help LOL)
    This pair of porcelain birds came from eBay. I love birds, and I have a lot of white porcelain Christmas figurines.

A red and gold ornament topiary 'tree' that was on sale in some catalog that I can't remember name of right now.

Two more Nutcrackers for my collection! Y'all already recently saw the Cookie Chef one I found on eBay. This time I found a Zim's Toy Maker Nutcracker (retired edition, and their first one made I believe it said).
    Then a little 6" Christmas Elf who will be cute by one of my Santa Nutcrackers.

A pair of napkin rings that are Christmas Cardinals.
    {{gwi:1432277}}
    These 4 nicely woven placemats were on Etsy and I just couldn't resist them, they made me smile each time I looked at the auction. I only paid $8, she gave me free shipping.

And lastly, this lighted Christmas Moon! The tiny village at the base, and the Santa-Reindeer running around the moon, was so pretty I thought.

{{gwi:77274}}

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Punk, You scored BIG TIME!!
    I LOVE those Santa Plates.
    Janet, I hope you learn to post your pictures soon.
    Jim, I have one room decorated with Magi decor at Christmas, so am lovin yours.
    Karen, I too have a large nutcracker collection. I thought about starting a bidding war over your cookie chef one, but I knew how much you wanted it! LOL
    I hope you are feeling better. It was actually cool and slightly rainy here today. I'm sure you would have enjoyed it.

TTFN,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Karen, your new items are great. Your birds will look good with your collection. I've thought about buying one of the ornament topiary tree's but I'll just enjoy seeing yours on here. Also enjoy seeing your nutcrackers.

Cute little red cardinal napkin rings. They will go well with your other cardinal things. The place mats are so fun...

Your moon is so neat and I love all the details on it. I really like the blue at Christmas time but most of my things are snowmen.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Your red and gold topiary is gorgeous, love the little birds too. Nice that you found more fun nutcrackers for your collection. Will the cardinal napkin rings be showing up in a tablescape? Hint hint! ;o) Glad the placemats make you smile, I'm sure the arrival of the packages helps to get your mind off everything else. Great finds, enjoy.

Luvs

• jaybird
    13 years ago

You folks have so many pretty things it's hard to know who to be jealous of!!! It's all beautiful, so I would not be able to choose!
    Jim, Posie says hi to your gang...how many of the kittens do you still have????
    Hugs to all,
    J

• User
    13 years ago

Wow, you all have some incredible new things--can't wait to see Christmas pics!

When I was postes previously, I forget my sis also bought me something else--foil Santas from QVC, made to look like the foil covered chocolate candy kind.

Eventually I'd like to get them all for a display.

Yes, I still have the kittens and this I'm keeping them -- they're almost six months old now.

I now have 7 cats total now. :-O

The "foil" Santas

Daddy Panda is in foreground, surrogate mom(she fed the kittens too)MsK is on the right.
    L-R Gizmo, Cookie and Tigger(yelo)

Jim

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Jim, those foil Santas are beautiful. I love them and can't wait to see how you display them.

I had a feeling you'd keep the babies. (you are an animal nut like me for sure) LOL. I have such a fondness for orange kitties (in spite of Jazz aka Trouble!), so Tigger is my favorite. Watch out, he sure looks like Jazz with that face!! Their mama sure had an easy job of it what with Miss Kitty helping out, and Panda loving his kids too.
    Must not forget the beautiful Selena, their big fur rug.

hugs, Karen

• luckygal
    13 years ago

Some very nice finds here!

I seldom buy much Christmas stuff at yard sales as I've been trying to *reduce*, not *increase*, that type of thing and much that one sees is red and green which I've gotten away from. I usually use non-Christmas accessories and embellish with a Christmas flavor. However, there are always those things one just can't pass by. ;-D

Here's a cachepot I bot for $1 earlier this year. It's perfect for my natural decorating style. Brand new still with the tags on.

{{gwi:1423324}}

Closeup...

{{gwi:1432286}}

I bought some really inexpensive balls that I might make into a wreath altho don't have a pic.

I also bought a couple of small urns this year and the larger one several years ago. Maybe fill with *gilded* nuts and small pinecones. I'll use these year-round either plain or decorated. The small urns were $2 each and I think the large one was $3.

{{gwi:1432288}}

I am sooo *not* ready for Christmas yet! I'd like summer to last awhile longer and a nice long fall.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

LG, your urns and the cache pot are lovely. And perfect for you. I am looking forward to seeing how you decorate with them.

I'm not ready for Christmas, other than loving looking at stuff and buying some. But I sure want summer over, our nice Fall weather doesn't even start till around first of Nov! But last year I decided to start decorating for it on the actual first day of Fall. LOL. And I will again this year, it gives me so much more time to enjoy it. Its easy to tweek for Halloween.

By the way, "someone" in Canada sent me some cookies!! Only in Canada can you find chocolate type cookies called Whippet (like my dogs!). I'd heard of them but never saw any. Now I only know two people in Canada, and the other one doesn't have initials of L.G. like on the mailing label. Did YOU send me these yummy cookies? ;o)

hugs, Karen
    PS...Candy, thank you for not fighting me for that Cookie Chef Nutcracker! I really, really wanted him badly.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh, this is really a fun post (thanks, creek)...love seeing the winter holiday bargains! Everyone found such creative items! (& those cute little kitties...ahhhh).

Great ideas for your urns, LG...I really like those! But I also love the Bah-humbug sheep placemats! ...and the foiled Santas look good enough to eat!...& the porcelain birds...so pretty & versatile for many settngs...the gold bird...such a pretty shape...the nutcrackers, dishes...could go on & on...anyway, enjoying your great finds, everyone! TFS! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

This has turned into a fun post with lots of neat goodies to envy--errr I mean to enjoy!

I agree with all that Jeanne just said so well.

Luvs

• patty_cakes
    13 years ago

I love all your bargains, and those that may NOT have been a bargain! I 'do' ballerinas, either sitting on a branch or hanging. This is a big girl, so she'll be sitting. ;o)

Here is a link that might be useful: ballerina

• party_music50
    13 years ago

I had to go to Lowe's this morning, so stopped at the local SA-Ltd. ;^) They had almost nothing that hinted of xmas-seasonal there, but that's ok because I'm suddenly on a kick to collect a large variety of flower vases. I love to keep vases of fresh-cut flowers all through the growing season, and no matter what I've cut I don't seem to have exactly the right size, shape, height, or color of vase to be perfect. lol! I just snapped up 4 new vases! :) but will have to see about getting the camera software up on the new computer before I can post photos...

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

catching up on back posts and stumbled across this one - looks like some of us shop Christmas all year round. Most of my finds had been put away but just yesterday hubby and I were at the SA and came home with these Christmas finds

both houses were $2.99 each - fiber optic lighted

got 7 unused packages of 12' garland for $.99 each

Lynne

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Great buys Lynn. What a fantastic price on the garlands. Love your little houses too.

Glad you enjoy catching up on old posts, but feel free to start a new one anytime you find some good buys and want to share pics with us, okay?

Luvs

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Great Lynn....I love the firestation!!
    Jim, your kitties are purrfectly adorable!!, and yes, those decorations look like purrfect cat toys to me ;^)