Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
letmag

Halloween Floral Arrangements

letmag
15 years ago

HI!! I'm pretty new to posting, I'm mostly a lurker, but recently I visited my local craft store and saw some Halloween Floral arrangements for sale. They were very festive and had halloween items in them, such as pumpkins, withces, spiders and skulls. I am a big Halloween fan and really like decorating my house for the holiday and was very intrigued and I guess motivated to make one of these arrangements.

Has anyone here made a Halloween arangement/wreath that they'd like to share for inspiration?

Comments (20)

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Hi Letmag, what a coincidence that you should ask this question--I just stopped by GW after my doctor appt. this morning and found what I thought was a cute Halloween arrangement for only $3.99. It has a ceramic jack o lantern that you can put a candle in on top of a base with sunflowers, pumpkins, etc. all around it. I'll try to get a picture taken soon so I can post it.

You can look at all our posts from last year, there were lots of pics of ideas for Halloween. And our friend Karen even has compiled an album of inspirations pics for us. I'll post the link to her album for you.

Have fun, and please come back and share pics with us of anything you create,okay?

Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: Holiday inspiration album

• letmag
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Luvs!

I bought a few items at the $ store. With that and few other things I've collected over the years from after holiday sales I'm going to see what I can pull together. I'll post pics when I get it all together.

• jaybird
    15 years ago

Welcome Letmag.... I usually buy one of those fake but carvable pumpkins and just cut the top out. Then I insert a glass and fill it full of whatever is still in bloom. Makes a pretty arrangement for the kitchen table. I have also used silk flowers to make the arrangement and inserted the pumpkin stem piece that I cut out into the flower arrangement by gluing it to a wooden skewer.
    When I do the table arrangement, I often get those mini pumpkins and hollow out a spot in the top for a tea light. I then use that as part of the table deco too!

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Hi and Welcome. I made myself and my daughter a faux pumpkin floral arrangement last year and it was far easier than I expected. Especially as I didn't have a clue what I was doing. LOL. Until I joined this Forum, I didn't decorate that much for Halloween and now I'm enjoying the heck out of it. Especially when you can get great stuff at the Dollar Tree and Goodwill.
    Here's the floral I made for my daughter. Everything came from Michaels for it. I left off the little Halloween decorations as she had her own, and without them, this worked thru Thanksgiving decorating too.
    hugs, Karen
    {{gwi:1432096}}

• letmag
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Karen, that is a very nice arrangement and it is along the lines of what I'm thinking of making, but with the added halloween stuff. And I like the idea of removing the halloween stuff and keeping it thru thanksgiving, too.

Thanks!

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Letmag, keep an eye over on the Better Homes and Gardens site too, they always have lots of cute ideas. I'll post the link below for what's up there now. And I'll try to get a pic taken and posted today of the centerpiece I found. I also finished a little Halloween sign, so I'll put a pic of that on here today too. Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: Halloween ideas at BHG

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Here's the little arrangement that I found at GW for $3.99. I thought it was pretty cute, and the price was right. Luvs

• letmag
    Original Author
    15 years ago

That was a good deal!! It's very CUTE!!

• plainjane425
    15 years ago

Hi & Welcome Letmag...I made pretty much the same thing that
    Karen did. We had a Mother's Welcome Tea at school, and my class had to make a Centerpiece...I used a Fake Pumpkin
    cut Branches w/the Fall Leaves on them and inserted them into a glass jar of water. The jar went inside the pumpkin.
    I had the children trace & cut out ...witches..ghosts..bats, and jack o lanterns, and hung them on the tree branches. It was real cute. We then used the same theme w/o the Halloween Decorations, for Thanksgiving. Just as Karen said..you get two for one!!
    Instead of cutting fresh branches..the craft stores sell the Silk ones.

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

I found this little Halloween Tree last night and added to our Holiday album.

hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

That little tree is great, Karen. Makes a really pretty arrangement the way you have it all decorated. I'm loving that little black kitty--he's stealing the show! LOL

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

oooops, Luvs...not my tree. Just a photo of one I found while looking for Halloween tree photos to share here.

hugs, Karen

• letmag
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here are some of the Halloween arrangements I worked on over the weekend:

They are more specific for Halloween, so I'll have to come up with somehting for the fall. They were mostly made from items found at the dollar store and a few items from Michaels that I purchased with my 40% off coupons.

• plainjane425
    15 years ago

Great job...they are not only clevor, but real cute.
    The ones that you can just switch out the Halloween stuff, can be used for Fall..right thru to Thanksgiving. You've got some real nice florals and pumpkin sticks in a couple of them, to do that with.

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Those turned out wonderful. Nice job on ALL of them. I am going to snag your photos for our Inspiration Album. I have that same jar in the 3rd photo, fun to decorate with those. They came in set of three, but I broke one of mine recently.

hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Love the container in the third picture with the black cat on it. Too cute. They all turned out just great, cute picks in them, nice flowers and you did a great job on the bows too. Luvs

• letmag
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for all your nice comments! I am very proud of them. I can't wait to be able to put them out and display them. Too bad October is still a month and a half away. :-)

• kathleen_li
    15 years ago

Welcome, Letmag!
    Each one of your arrangements is lovely.
    Hard to think about Halloween, still enjoying summer here. Iy yakes so long to get here, hate to rush it..
    Toy could put some of them out in Sept, just remove the Halloween pics and return them when Oct rolls around!

Hope you will stick around and comment on others' posts too!

• dining_delight
    15 years ago

Letmag, wonderful arrangements! The skull vase is unique and I like it with the black & orange flowers and skeleton hands - really Halloweenish! Are the picks removable in the other arrangements? If so, you could get more "display time" out of them by removing some.

I try to put out my Fall stuff by mid Sept as Thanksgiving is mid Oct here and I like to enjoy it before it is time for Halloween.

dd

• kathleen_li
    15 years ago

Lordy, I just reread my post...fingers on the wrong keys...

But, I did say remove the pics, like DD did, but mine was in foreign language, LOL

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions