Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Sunflower Front Porch

christmascandy
13 years ago

I finally got around to taking a picture of my front porch with the decor changed from July 4th to sunflowers.

After the sunflowers, it changes to pumpkins and scarecrows, which I am totally not ready to think about yet. I am a summer girl!

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (12)

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Is that a giant grasshopper I see? Love him.

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good eyes, the grasshopper is a cast iron candle holder.
    We have had a huge crop of them this year.
    They seem to go hand in hand with sunflowers.

TTFN,
    Candy

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good eyes, the grasshopper is a cast iron candle holder.
    We have had a huge crop of them this year.
    They seem to go hand in hand with sunflowers.

TTFN,
    Candy

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well, it said my response was rejected, so I did a second one and now they are both showing up!!

Oh well,
    Candy

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

CC,
    If you have a chance, I'd love to see a close up picture of Mr. Grasshopper. I just love outdoor art.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, I love your front porch all decorated with sunflowers. You have alot of neat sunflower pots all filled with some neat sunflowers. I'm glad OA brought your grasshopper up cuz it's pretty cute. We have alot of GH this year considering the amout of rain we've had. I have a lady bug and fly like that sitting on my deck rail. Very pretty.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I love sunflowers too, they really do say "summer" just like watermelons do. You've made your little entry corner very colorful and fun. I like your big grasshopper too, he fits perfectly with your theme. Luvs

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OA, here is the close up of the grasshopper.

I added a close up of the pail also. You might recognize it from my Earth Day tablescape.

alt="Image and video hosting by TinyPic">

TTFN,
    Candy

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

I am with you, Candy! Why rush summer away? I do understand those who don't have to suffer through snow and ice though, but for me, I will enjoy summer till it ends!

Your porch is very cheerful! Sunflowers look great!

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

CC...love your Sunflowers. They give your porch
    such a cheerful welcoming.
    What a great grasshopper. Thanks for the closeup of him and your pail. I like what you have displayed inside...very pretty.
    I'm with you and Kathleen.I want to S-T-R-E-T-C-H the
    Summer out as long as possible...I'm not looking forward to feeling 'Cold' or having Dreary Days with Ice & Snow...

jane

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Candy, you always decorate that corner area so delightfully.
    I look forward to seeing it every time!

Kathleen and Jane, I'd love to send you our 110 degree weather. I'm so sick of summer and still have till nearly end of Oct before it turns "nice". Guess Phoenix summers are sort of equal to your winters. Stay inside and find stuff to do till its over. sigh.

hugs, Karen

• milosmom_gw
    13 years ago

Oh how I love this!
    You did such a great job and I really like the GH , he adds character.
    I'm sooo not a summer girl because it's so hot but fall I can do. Seeing this means it's getting closer and I won't feel pre-emptive thinking about dragging out the bright fall colors.