Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

August Birthday Table

nana2010_gw
12 years ago

Happy Birthday to anyone celebrating an August Birthday!

The birthstone for August is Peridot and the flower is Gladiola.

I used these yellow green depression ware salad plates on top of my milk glass plates because they didn't distort the color.

The table cloth is yellow and green but the green looks grey on my monitor.

I got the butterflies in the Spring and found the little votives at a variety store. The foam butterfly surrounds are just the right color, I think.

The black flatware came from CTS and the napkins are from a TS.

I hope you enjoy looking.

Nana

Comments (19)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, isn't that just the prettiest t'scabe!!!
    Love the colors you've chosen...is that a clear glass square plate or charger under the milk glass & yellow plates? Are those the ones some of us were talking about buying online & putting scrap paper under them??? Well, whatever they are, they look WONDERFUL in your place-setting, nana!

I love the black napkins & your flatware tog & those butterfly rings really POP with the contrasting colors! Your centerpc is pretty, too & your little votives candleholders. Wish I had an Aug b'day...I'm a Sept...so we'll see you next month, uh? TFS, nana! Pics are great (esp the 3rd one)! Jeanne S.

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

That is pretty! Love those butterfly napkin rings.
    The depression glass is such a pretty color too!
    Happy August Birthday!

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

How pretty! I love the butterflies who look like they just lit on the table.

My oldest grandson just turned 26 a few days ago. I'd send him over to celebrate, but you might have to fill BOTH plates, TWICE! LOL.

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Lovely Table Nana.. Very sophisticated and elegant looking.
    I love the color combination of the green & white and by adding black accents, (love the butterfly nap rings) makes it very dramatic too. Your floral CP is beautiful.

We celebrate three August BD's in our family.
    They would have loved sitting at this table !!

jane

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

I agree, very sophisticated! The use of the black napkins and flatware just lifts the table as does the centerpiece. I am in love with the tablecloth too! I can hardly wait to see what you do with my birthday month, February!
    Kath

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Nana, you are so good at setting BDay tables. This one is a pretty one too. Love your depression plates and great stacking. Beautiful butterflies on the napkins and around the candles.

Tell us about your cute S & P shakers. Looks like you have two sets that match. Your cp is striking in the black vase and with the black napkins and flatware this table pops.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments.
    Jeanne, I used a clear glass plate from Walmart under the
    milk glass and green scrapbooking paper under it. I don't know why none of the colors look true on my monitor.
    Maybe it's my camera. Jeanne I am putting ideas together for September's BD table.
    Jane, the butterflies are clipped to ribbon tied around the napkins.
    Kath, I started doing BD tables in January at my DD request.
    February's table is back on page 11.
    Punk, The little S&P are china, glazed to look like silver. They go with a sugar and creamer [I can't make out the manufacturer's name, but they were made in Bavaria]. I planned to use on them the table as well. Darn, I'm not TOO forgetful!
    The black vase is clear glass that my son sprayed black on the inside. I think it works the gladiolas.
    Nana

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

That should say don't look true.

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Looks really pretty. The black napkins and vase really make it pop, and the little butterflies are so cute. Not my birthday month either, but it's sure a pretty ts. Luvs

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

NanaK, would you email me? (sangareeKS at aol)

hugs, Karen

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Very pretty table.

I now have 2 Aug. birthdays in the family, my youngest stepdaughter is Aug. 23 and now the newest DGD is Aug. 22!!

Clever idea creating the black vase and the black napkins really set off the butterflies.

BTW, if I am doing the math right, Karen, you became a GMA at 38?? My 2 preteen DGS's can eat an arm and a leg, so I'm sure the 26 yr old has a healthy appetite!

Very pretty table! The colors are nice and calming and the black has just the right impact.

TFS,
    Candy

• Nancy
    12 years ago

Nana, I have those same plates. I've had a 4 place setting for a while, then found several more plates, cups & saucers really cheap & was thrilled. I think the white goes so well with any table setting. I'm wondering, are they old? I love your table setting.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Nana, I think we all forget something at times on our tables. Now you can set another table and use the whole set! Maybe it was meant to be.LOL

I would of never thought to paint the inside of a vase instead of the outside. Clever if you don't care to paint on the outside as I usually do. Thanks!

Punk

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Yes Candy, I became a grandma at 38 (must have been "payback" for doing that to my own mother, LOL).

Nana, is there a trick to spraying inside a vase? I tried it one time and just made a mess. LOL

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Luvs, Candy ,Ngraham and Punk
    Karen I sent you an Email
    Candy I'm glad to read who has BDs when I post these tables. Hope your new DGD is sleeping for her Mom.
    Ngraham, I have 4 of these plates. I would love to find more of them they are such an unusual color. I don't know how old the milk glass plates are. I got them at a Thrift Shop.
    Punk and Karen, My son painted the vase for me, he used spray paint made for painting plastic & glass.
    He is an excellent painter. I would have made a mess.
    Nana

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Nana, could you resend as it never arrived ?

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Nana, sorry that I am so late posting on your lovely table. The depression glass is so pretty, and the milk glass sets it off so good. The black really makes it pop. I have just recently "discovered" spray paint again, never thought about all the things that could be transformed until I found this forum, Now I am looking at all kind of things differently. I will have to stock up on clear vases to paint when I don't have the right color or size. My Bd is in Oct. so I am expecting a "pretty" table for this old witch. I sure do enjoy your posts. Are you OK from the hurricane.? We are in the NC mountains so we didn't get any of the bad stuff. it was actually really nice here yesterday and today, but I have been worried about my friends,, you , Lynne, Marlene and esp Jane in Vermont. The news talkes like nearly all of Vermont is under water. Please let us all know how you all are, Prayers, Janet

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, Janet I really enjoy doing these BD tables but some of them are a real challenge.
    My oldest DGD's BD is on Halloween, she's always had fun with that.

I got water in my basement from Irene but nothing major, so I'm not complaining. My thoughts and prayers are with those who were seriously affected. I hope Kathleen is ok too. She is close to the water there on Long Island.
    Nana

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Thanks for the updates, Janet & Nana...so thinking of you all & so good to hear that you are both doing ok w/this wicked weather! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County
More Discussions