Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Vacation craft

luvstocraft
16 years ago

Good Morning! Got some pictures loaded so wanted to show you these.

I took my painted gingerbread one to show to my niece since she is always looking for gift ideas for the daycare teachers at her church and for the kids in her classes.

She loved the idea, so we ended up making 15 with the snowman face, then she found more Jiffy Pops and made another 10 of them.

We got some of the trims from Hobby Lobby (love that store--wish they had one here!) and her daughter helped by printing off the saying for the tags. Found the saying on the crafts forum here.

Enjoy. Luvs

Comments (14)

• necia
    16 years ago

These look great! Did you paint the snowmen or did you print it off the printer?

Thanks so much!
    Necia

• Cheri_C
    16 years ago

Luvs, They all look great!!! And wow, she's ahead of the game. Now why can't I do that??? Sure would take some stress off of me instead of me always waiting to the last minute to do things.

• thrift_shop_romantic
    16 years ago

Luvs, now THAT is dedication-- crafting on vacation!

Thanks for posting pics of the Jiffy Pop project-- when you all first mentioned it, I was having a hard time imagining what you all were doing with popcorn. :-)

Ah, if I could only motivate myself to get ready for Christmas in July then everyone I knew would get little crafted goodies! I admire your planning ahead.

--Jenn

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Necia, nice to see a new name on this forum. The snowmen are freebies from a graphics site. They are so cute, and my niece found the perfect fabric to use for the bows. The tags say 'just popping by with a holiday hi".

Cheri, Wish I could figure out what I want to give everyone early so I could have it all ready by Christmas. I just can never make a decision! ;o(

Jenn, I love to craft anytime, and this niece is not one for procrastinating. She couldn't wait to go get the stuff and get started on them! My planning ahead usually doesn't make it past the "thinking" phase! LOL

Luvs

• iowagirl2006
    16 years ago

Those turned out great! The trims really set it off. Good job!

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Those really did turn out cute luvs. Still love your painted gingerbreads. I may have to do some of the printables this year instead of painting them if I get overwhelmed again like I did last year. ha ~Anj

• necia
    16 years ago

Thanks for the welcome, Luvs! I usually frequent the Home Decorating and Texas Gardening forums. I just happened to stumble into the crafts forum and followed that link to this one!

How would I go about finding the free graphics site? I am thinking that these would make perfect gifts for my dd's friends!

My sister has just sent me the link to a website about preparing for Christmas early and I could really impress her buy telling her that I already have these made! LOL

Here is the Christams Grand Plan link:
    http://holidaygrandplan.com/holiday-grand-plan

Here is a link that might be useful: Holiday Grand Plan

• iowagirl2006
    16 years ago

Wow - the Holiday Grand Plan is something else! I am definately not that organized :)

I have found a lot of free graphics over the years to use, and have started buying some - they are so fun to use. One of my favorite sites is Raggedy Scrappin The link goes to the Resources page that has some free graphics, templates, etc. Check out her whole site - it is awesome!

Here is a link to Prim Doodles - it has a few free Jiffy Pop Templates and a tutorial: Prim Doodles

I found the free hang tag at Prim Mart - free tags Check out the whole Prim Mart site - it is awesome!

Here is an example of a Jiffy Pop that I made - I used the free Santa graphic from Raggedy Scrappin (I am not sure she offers it anymore) - I created a round template by measuring the Jiffy Pop. I then made a round shape in my photo editing program and added the graphic and shaped text. I printed it on tan cardstock for a Prim look.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Necia, Thanks for the holiday grand plan--reminded me of the Flylady site. If I were that energetic, I'd never have time to be on here playing! LOL Glad you found us over here, and hope you will come by often. I peek in at the Home Dec forum to see what's going on every now and then, but haven't posted there much. I know there are allot of dishaholics there too, so please encourage them to come share their tablescapes, vignettes, shopping finds, even YS and TS finds here with us. We like doing that to keep us busy between the holidays.

Iowagirl, thanks for posting all those sites for Necia. Those were the ones I used too, thanks to everyone's pointing me in that direction. You were much more tech savy than we were, we just centered the graphic on Word, printed it out, then traced a circle on with an upside down 7" clear bowl and cut it out. LOL Your way sounds way more "professional". ;o)

I think they make really cute Fall and Winter gifts, and if you want to give something more, they could be included in a movie night basket. Just include some sodas, candies, and a Dvd. Wrap some clear cello around the basket and add a big rag strip fabric bow.

Since I already did the Jiffy Pop last year, I need to figure out something else for this year for four of my neighbors. I'm thinking about either a Christmas garden stake or maybe a wreath or sign to hang somewhere. I'm open to ideas if anyone has one to share.

Oh, before I forget, look at the Jiffy Pop post on crafts too, one of the gals made them and some candy bar covers that are so cute.

Luvs

• kathleen_li
    16 years ago

Luvs, those are adorable! How is your vacation going? Are you headed home soon?
    Iowa and Necia, welcome. We are at a lull now, but things will be picking up soon!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Kathleen, We got back home Friday afternoon. Had to vacuum and shampoo motor home carpets and catch up on laundry. Saw little GD first thing Sat. and she wanted to know why we were gone so long! Sure missed her, told DH I really don't like being gone more than a week.

Still pretty hot here, but got some yard work done, need to do more. Had gardeners come to mow, but they don't do the bushes or pull weeds!

I've got a few things to take pics of to post. Just never enough time! LOL

Hope you are still enjoying your summer too. Loved the pics of your family--all quite handsome. Know you were proud that day.

Gotta go to an appointment. I'll be back later.

Luvs

• judithva
    16 years ago

Luvs, you are just soooo talented! They are so adorable!!!

• omac
    16 years ago

Luvs:

I just returned from vacation in Pennsylvania,for the Little League World Series. There's a wonderful place called the "Country Cupboard".

There were a lot of plates like the jiffy pops you did, as well as wall hanging, and crafts galore.

The "bakery" had wonderful homemade breads, jams etc. made by the Pennsylvania Dutch and Amish.

I bet I gained 20 pounds, in just one day.

Isn't that what vacations are for? :>)

I really love this site with everyones photos, and ideas.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Omac, Glad you had such a great trip. Pennsylvania is one of the states I would love to visit someday. I've heard there are lots of really neat shops and beautiful scenery too.

This site is so fun and inspiring. It gives me my daily fix of pretty pics and ideas. These gals are so good about posting pics of their finds, creations, and decorations. Hope you will join right in with us, I'm sure you have lots of pretties and ideas to share too.

Luvs

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm
More Discussions