Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seasonaldecorating__

More Halloween Decorations and table setting

Here are the decorations for my Halloween party last year.

Looking into the living/Dining Room

The black lines on the wall are streamers, and the black spiders are just cut out of black construction paper. I used Crumpled and torn black tulle to drape over the shelf. This is a pic in the Day time

Night time

Halloween party at night, we had a visualizer playing on the ceiling to the music with a movie projector.

The entry with the light on. I used black and glow in the dark spider web so that when the lights are off, part of the web will glow.

The entry with the lights off. There is a black light on the opposite wall to make the glow in the dark web light up.

This is my halloween chandelier for 2010. I make a new one every year. This one is black shredded tulle added to two different wire circles (things you use to make homemade wreaths) I decorated it with black beads, dark purple ornaments, and purple and black birds. Then added green and purple LED lights in the center.

This is the table setting and Chandelier at night. the center piece is a large glitter skull that picks up the green and purple colors from the chandelier lights.

napkins and plates

This is an old violin case i propped open like a coffin and placed cups and beverages in it.

These are the flowers.

I spray painted the tips of red roses black and quickly dipped them in black glitter.

Comments (13)

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Love how you used that violin case! Very creative and it looks great. Wow! Your chandy is amazing! I can tell you really get into decorating for this holiday. You have lots of neat pumpkins too. Are they real or faux? You have a real talent for the lighting too, sure makes everything look spooky for sure. I love it all. Luvs

• SeasonalDecorating__
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The cat jack o lantern is a real pumpkin that I spray painted black, then carved and put a light in it, but the other jack o lanterns are faux : )

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

So much to see! Love how you did the spiders marching up the wall. And of course all the purple you use! The dipped roses are neat. I think the use of that violin case is my favorite, tho the chandy you made is pretty cool too. All the netting and lights make for a very spooky atmosphere.
    I agree with Luvs, you really get into decorating for Halloween!
    I do have one question tho...what took you so long to find us? LOL.

hugs, Karen

• SeasonalDecorating__
    Original Author
    12 years ago

My brother told me about this website because he loves gardening and i happened to come across this Holiday Forum... I thought I was lucky to find the decoration and crafts Forum, and then I found this one!

You all seem so nice, I am glad to be able to share these photos with you and I am excited to see all the great ideas you do for the holidays!

-SD

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Well, I hardly know you yet...but I'd say that you have a 'dark side!' LOL! Great Halloween decor! You do go all out & it looks like great fun for you & your friends!

I agree, that violin case is the coolest! Haven't seen that done before & I also like your glitter dipped roses! TFS! Jeanne S.

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Love the glitter dipped roses and the violin case is super neat. I was in Michaels tonight and didn't see anything as impressive as what you have put together. (I did love their $60 faux pumpkin, they were huge, but I guess I"ll have to make do with the real ones in my garden) You have some great ideas. We are glad you found us Janet

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Janet, grab one of those huge pumpkins when they go on sale,
    usually there are quite a few left.
    I just got a Spring wreath that was marked $89 for 90% off. YAY.

Don't forget our Halloween album, lots of ideas and inspiration. Seasonal, may I add some of your pictures?

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: our Halloween Inspiration album

• SeasonalDecorating__
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Great find! I love finding bargains!

Sure, add what ever pics you want : )

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Wow, have you ended up in the right place!!
    Beware, being part of this forum forces you to buy things you never knew you needed until you started playing over here!!LOL
    Seriously, this is the most wonderful, supportive group of people and we are always glad to have new people find our playplace, aka Enablers R Us!!

Your Halloween decor is fab!! I'm lovin the chandy, the spiders, the carved pumpkins, oh, I just like it all!

You really go all out for your decorations and we love seeing the results.

Welcome, glad you found us.
    TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

So glad you shared more pictures of your Halloween decor with us. Looks like a fun place to be on Halloween. BTW, great job painting the pumkin black, carving the cat and placing a light under it.

Enjoyed seeing all of this lovely (creepy) decor.LOL Wonderful job setting up your table.

Punk

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Very creative! You go all out!
    It is too early for me to think Halloween, but I do admit to buying some cute placemats at Tues Morning yesterday, very nice and very cheap! :)

• hostarhodo
    12 years ago

I just bought some muslin type curtains at the Second Hand store yesterday thinking they would be good for ghosts for Halloween.

Like all your ideas. One thing I do is I buy silver plates, cups, candy dishes, candle holders, silverware at the SH store and the more tarnished the better. Place on Halloween table among the food dishes and punch bowl,add cobwebs. Looks like an old abandoned house where everyone just up and left. Could always add foilies to the silver plates if you wanted to use them for food.

Betty

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Betty, that is a neat tip on the old silver and cobwebs.
    I bet it looks good 'n spooky on the table!
    TFS

hugs, Karen