Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldalgebra

Route 66 Diner

oldalgebra
10 years ago

Like Nana, I've had the dinner plates for YEARS and never used them. Always loved them though. I've been looking for more that are priced as cheaply as the four I found in a yard sale. Don't think that's ever going to happen.

At any rate, here's a shot of my make-shift diner.
For more pictures, visit here.

Comments (7)

• sunnyca_gw
    10 years ago

How cute right down to the juke box! 5 plays for 25cents!! Used same napkin holder but had full bottles of ketchup on the tables ,salt & pepper look the same. I just made the "House Dressing" for all my friends & they loved it. I changed the oil & couple of other things to be more healthy as MIL made that daily & 9 pies after she got home from telephone operator shift at midnight. People came miles around to get her salad dressing & that pie!! They wanted hubby & me to take over but I had worked enough in that business to know what I would be in for. Conklin Truck Stop in Watertown So. Dak.About 1950's to mid 1960's. I married the older son!! Iva was best MIL ever, sure miss her, she would have gotten a kick out of seeing this!! Truck stop of course included café, gas station!( 19 to 25 cents gal)gas war on then! And motel I think 10 units-oh what fun to keep everything working!! I heard it's a strip joint now, inlaws would have a fit if they saw it now!

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

Cute and clever as always!!

Good luck on getting the juke box working!!

Sounds like a fun evening. Did you serve the meal on your roller skates?? TeeHee

Just returned from a trip to cool, chilly CA, and followed many route 66 locales.

I am always impressed by your creativity!

TFS,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Too much fun, OA! Love it! What a great place to dine! Love the 'original' placemats ~~ & that jukebox! Fun times! ~~Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

OA, its sooooo good to see you back and doing one of your wonderful tablesettings!! You always came up with such great ideas, and found neat stuff to use. And this Diner is no exception! Love the juke box.

I keep remembering how some of us use to toss out a table 'theme' and you usually were the first one all over it. Y'all even got me to participate in a couple. LOL.
    Jeanne had that Billy the Kid table (I think), and Kathleen did a wild west one that was a hoot. I did a Dust Bunny picnic. (Dear Lord, talk about desperation!)
    But what a fun way to pass some of the boring summers.
    Nana has been keeping us going this year, thank goodness.

Sunny, I enjoyed your trip to the past! :o)

Life seems to get in the way, but I think we all know we can come here anytime and it's like 'family' coming home to celebrate some fun stuff.
    hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

OA, It's so good to have you back!

Your table is fun, fun, fun

The Juke box is the best. I remember them sitting on counters in local diners.

What else have you been up too?

Please don't stay away so long.

Nana

• SeasonalDecorating__
    10 years ago

Love the black, red and white scheme! Great table setting!

-SD

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

OA, you are so AMAZING!!! This is all so wonderful.
    You always have so much fun with your creations and
    I LOVE IT. I've also missed seeing what you will come
    up with next. So glad you shared this with us.

Punk

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions