Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximavswife

Maui Wowie

maximavswife
11 years ago

This year has been kinda tough for us financially with dad's passing and saving up for eldest son's wedding in MI in Nov. And, the company I work for evidently doesn't have a bereavement plan so I lost almost all of my vacation days helping dad with his finally journey. We aren't able to take a real vacation this year, so, I set a table to enable us to escape mentally :-)

Kath

Here is a link that might be useful: Maui Wowie

Comments (8)

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

That's very cool & refreshing! Maui Wowie ...wow!
    Love all the bargains you've used on this table ...the color scheme is very 'beachy' ...the striped placemats perfect! And those cute salad plates & esp 'glass' class act glasses! What fun! Oh & I LOVE the white candlestick!

Unique & original napkin rings, KathE! Very relaxin' & fun t'scape...a dream to come true ...someday! TFS! Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

Sooo pretty. You have incorporated all the necessary elements for a beach party table.
    The runner looks like sand and all the shells are the perfect touch.

Sorry about your vacation days, maybe next year.

Clever idea on the napkin rings, and those salad plates were a real find!

I have not been to Maui, but I have been to Oahu and Kauai, and I would sure like to go back and have the bartender make me a Lava Flow!!

Aloha,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

You definitely needed an 'escape', just wish it had been a real one for you. But its great you could create your own, and I love how you did the table!!

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

I can feel the ocean breezes blowing gently across the sand.
    Perfect table for an Island getaway.
    The salad plates are so cute and I love the flatware.
    I haven't been anywhere this summer, now I want to go to the beach. LOL
    TFS
    Nana

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Ahhhhh...KathE...I meant to share this pic ...maybe Maui is out for now...but here's beautiful Lake Michigan about 3 wks ago ...DH & I ...that's one of the gr'kids between us ...sweet weather...good times! LOL! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Love your table setting..the colors are so soothing and inviting! Your centerpiece is lovely and I love your silverware as well. So sorry that you can only have a virtual vacation, but don't think you're alone....we haven't had a real vacation in a long time...just take a couple of long weekends, but any getaway is good.

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Kathe, you did a great job of "sand and sea" with your tablescape. Looks so refreshing and perfect for a mini vacation meal. I loved how you used your tier plates for a display of shells, what a great idea. Thanks for sharing with us, I too have not and will not be getting to go on vacation, but this was a fun "escape" for a few minutes. Luvs

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Kathe..what a lovely/peaceful beach tablescape.
    I love all the soothing colors and elemants you chose.
    Sorry you didn't get away this yr..Hopefully you can have fun making special plans for next yr.
    To make you feel somewhat better...We got back from
    Cape Cod a week ago - abd for the first time in 20 yrs...we didn't go to the beach once!! The weather was just NOT beach weather - It rained almost every day we were there AND we had two of your GKids with us..no fun for them either!! So seeing your lovely table gave me the good 'Beach Feeling' I missed!
    jane