Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

Homecoming table for DS

excessfroufrou
13 years ago

My DS is coming for a visit tomorrow from Chicago and bringing a friend. We will be going on a canoe/kayak trip, so tomorrow is the only day I can feed them at home. Since there is just 4 of us I didn't use my table leaves and cloths. I know this is another blue and white table, but it's all different dishes. I bought the plates at a TS to use for mosaics, but then couldn't stand to break them. I have a service for eight in the solid blue, like the salad plate. The stems are Fostoria and the swirl glasses are from Mexico I think. My centerpiece is an ivy ball and trellis from the thirties and the candle sticks are Westmoreland, Doric. I just thought the birds were cute with the berries on the plates and the ivy.

Frou

Comments (9)

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Well, how pretty is THAT!! You did a great job, and no I would not have been able to break those plates up either!
    I love your ivy bowl/trellis..it is very unique.
    Thanks for posting,
    J

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

It looks beautiful! I love those blue plates!

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I'm so glad you didn't break up those plates, they are so pretty and go perfectly with your solid blue dishes and glasses too. Have a great time with your DS and his friend, and thanks for taking the time to post your tablescape for us to enjoy with you. ;o) Luvs

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

WOW and WOW...love the blue. I'm also happy you didn't break up those plates, they are wonderful. The ivy is a perfect touch! And nobody goes wrong with birds in decor. LOL.

Have fun on your water trip.
    {{gwi:77274}}

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Love all the blue and white together. Your plates are wonderful. So glad you didn't cut them up. Thanks for sharing the details on the ivy centerpiece and candlesticks too.

Hope your canoe/kayak trip is a fun one. I have floated the river but only in a raft.

Punk

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Oh this is just lovely..ALL of it!
    I remember when you got those dishes and said you were going to use them for mosaics...so glad you didn't.
    B&W is my first love, and I just love how you paired yours with the cobalt blue. Your white birds are a perfect touch.

jane

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Well, I don't know if your DS & friend will appreciate the "beauty" of this table, but I love it! Looks perfect on your glass topped table! Very unique centerpc! And I agree with those above, the birds are the perfect touch! TFS & enjoy your time tog! Jeanne s.

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

This is a beautiful table, Frou! The cobalt blue and white with the ivy is so fresh and summery. I love it!
    Lynn

• bonnieann925
    13 years ago

Frou, Hope you enjoyed the special visit with your son and his friend. The cobalt blue and white table is so pretty...blue and white always looks so nice together, but you've gone a step beyond by adding the cute butter dish and that lovely centerpiece. Wow!

Sponsored
More Discussions