Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can broken dessert dish be repaired?

Posted by party_music50 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 7, 10 at 10:12

Probably a dumb question, but I have 6 heavy clear glass dessert dishes (compote-style) that I *love*, and BF just broke the stem on one. Can that be glued somehow? or is it a gonner? :(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can broken dessert dish be repaired?

Yes, but you're wise to find a professional to do the job - especially if it's the stem.

If that's not a option, Google "glass dish repair" - you'll get lots of options.

o

There's a glue site called This to That which might be helpful. You just type in glass to glass and it will suggest products to use.

Kathleen might remember the glue Tamgypsy used on her broken bunny, I always forget what it was called, but it sure did an amazing job and didn't show at all.

I hope you are able to fix it or get it fixed.

Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: what glue to use

o

Thanks for the replies! I guess it's a gonner. lol! OA, it's not worth enough to try to find a professional fix, and I checked the glue site that luvs suggested. The adhesive they recommend is impossible to find. It lists super-glue as an alternative, but BF just confessed that he's already tried that. ;^)

I almost never break anything, and with BF it's *expected*! lol!

o

Ahhh, broken hearts are harder to mend! Bless BF for "already tried that." Sorry for you loss, tho, party! :-) Jeanne S.

o

Don't toss it yet...I have had wonderful results with Loctite Glass Glue. I am linking the ad below, but I bought mine at Lowes for less than $2.50. I used it to repair my grandmother's syrup jug that survived 11 kids, to lose it's life to one miserable cat who is still in disgrace!!!!
I also use it to put glass knobs on the top of various pieces of junque that I haul home and make "cloches" out of :^) Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

A dear friend of mine has her stems repaired. If it's really something you treasure, it might be worth having it done professionally.

o

If all else fails, try E6000-It works well on glass.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here