Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Goodies To Share

phonegirl
11 years ago

I'm finally getting around to posting some of my latest goodies from DF and ys.

Wedgwood Napoleon Ivy China. This is a very old set. I tried to research it on the net with little luck as to

what year it was manufactured. Maybe the later 1700's.

Any info would be appreciated on these dishes.

I'm so excited to set my next St Paddy's ts using these

and my Wayne M Kleski Leprechaun Dolls. These dolls came

from one of DD's neighbors $1 ea.

Old Canning Jars,(some from Canada)

Red plates are not in the best condition but couldn't

throw them out.

Horse, threw this one in the picture for you, Candy! I've

left it out by our stagecoach in case I ever do another cowboy ts.

More fun from DF. I had never seen a Red Wing Spongeware Bowl before. Platter reminds me of Mardi Gras and Churchill plates are always a nice addition.

Loved this cake pedestal, apple canister and tray. DD's kitchen is still filled w/apples so may pass these to her. Gotta love friends!

This is a Weller Art Nouveau Vase from the 1920's that belonged to DF's aunt.

Picked up these items for .50 ea. at a ys. Don't think they were ever used. I have the flatware to match the egg plate.

Debbie Mum Electric Candle

Santa

Nikko Deviled Egg Plate

Snowman w/warmer

Have lots more from DF but need to go out to the shed

and take pictures. Hope you enjoyed looking and I will

be back to share more later.

Punk

Comments (12)

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

OMgosh, punk! You really found some beautiful bargains...where should I begin! Wow...Redwing sponge painted bowl...cool! ...those dolls for St. Paddy's...made me smile! (they have a presence!)

Debbie Mumm additions are always so 'cheery!' You found some goodies here! But that Weller Art vase that belonged to your friend's aunt...that is a jewel! Love the elegance ...colors, softness...so beautiful!

TFS, everything will find a place at your place, I'm sure! Daughters, friends & sales...who could ask for anything more, uh! Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

OMGoodness!!
    What a haul!!
    You have some fabulous finds and treasures! Of course, whenever you share something so amazing, then it makes me want to go out and find more treasures too!! LOL.

Cool horse, he can just gallop on over to my place any time!
    The leprechaun are really cute! The cake pedestal is gorgeous and I always love anything by Debbie Mumm.

I'd say you really scored on all your finds.

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jeannie, not surprised you picked up on the bowl and vase. What are your ivy dishes you always display? I love them.

Candy, hope you have time to run out and find some more amazing deals soon. I enjoy seeing all of your wonderful finds too.

Thanks ladies. Hope you go out and find some fabulous things to share. We are so blessed to have these friends. I will treasure all of the wonderful things from them forever. They are very Special to us. They also gave us a set of four old dark oak chairs that belonged to his Dear Aunt. I plan on keeping my eye out for a table to match.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Holy Moley, Punk! This really is Christmas in July!!
    You scored big time.
    The leprechauns are fun. I am looking forward to seeing your Wedgwood Napoleon Ivy china on your next St Patrick's Day table.
    So many wonderful things to see and admire.
    I agree with Jeanne, the Weller Art Nouveau vase is a jewel.
    TFS all your new treasures with us.
    Nana

• duluthinbloomz4
    11 years ago

Nice haul. There's lots of Wedgewood "Napoleon Ivy" for sale on the internet - Replacements, ebay, etc.

The pattern was in production from 1815 until discontinued in 2003. Any markings/stamps on the backs would help date what you've got. It would be nice, but I wouldn't count on these being @200 year old dishes.

My eye caught the Majolica rose bordered medallion plates. I collect Majolica; mostly American or Minton when it can be found.

Don't put food on those, they're lead glazed. For display only!

• duluthinbloomz4
    11 years ago

...or lead backed tin glaze.

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

punk...yes, I have a few Ivy pcs (Royal Copley) ...here's my DR shelf above sliding glass doors in March:

& Metlox cream & sugar on other side:

So your Wedgewood dinnerware would match! LOL! Lookin' forward to seeing it on your table! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Punk, you've certainly been blessed with these friends! And I love your new treasures. You sure have a lot to play with... and SHOW US the results. Yay!

That's neat Duluth already shared info on the dishes too.

As for that horse....never mind Candy!!! LOL. I had one of those when I was young. That model was so popular then.
    On clocks and stand alone, and in many sizes. It brings back such great memories to see again. Yours looks 'new' its so shiny. Nice find on him!

hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Woah! What a haul! Love the ivy dishes and horse and the Weller vase too! So many great items..thanks for sharing all of your treasures....I love to see other people's cool finds!

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Nana, thanks so much for all your comments.

Duluthinbloomz, thanks so much for all the info on both dishes. I don't have my camera as DD was here last night and borrowed it. I will post pictures of the backs and see if you can help me figure out what year the Ivy dishes were manufactured.

Ah yes Jeanne, I remember both of your beautiful Ivy patterns.

Karen, we had some of these horses when I was little too. I paid $1 for this one. It is in fantastic shape. DF's gave our SIL a lg hunting tent tody. They are sooo sweet.

Marlene, if you like to look, then I'm glad I shared these pics. I love seeing what everyone else comes up with too.

Thanks so much all you sweet ladies for the comments.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Gosh Punk, you got some really neat items. The ivy dishes are so nice, will be perfect with your leprechaun guys. I wouldn't have wanted to not save the red dishes too. Good as candle holders if not for eating from. Neat Christmas items, love the snowman on the candle and that's a neat deviled egg plate. Too many items to mention them all, but all good "treasures" and I know you will make good use of them. Luvs

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Wow Punk...I'm late to your 'Goodie Party'...but I
    must say you found so many nice things.
    Love your Ivy dishes and the cute Leprechauns..They definitely will be fun to play with next St. Paddy's Day.
    Great Chrismas items...love finding Christmas things in the Summer...kind of makes you get excited waiting to use them for Christmas. Great cake plate and Apple pieces..what a good momma to think of DD with those.
    You certainly did inspire with your great finds.
    DD and I had a TS a couple of wks ago...we're trying to unload some things not needed. She's moving soon and
    DH and I will be getting our house ready to put up on the Market..we need a smaller place.
    Well I loved seeing all your fun treasures.
    jane

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative Design-Build Firms
More Discussions