Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Copy Cat table

nana2010_gw
11 years ago

DD1 DGD and I attended an event in the Spring.

Featured were wonderful tablescapes, flower arrangements and so much more.

I was fascinated by one table in particular, because I never would have thought to use these colors together on a table.

This is my version.

From 2012-07-29 (by Eye-Fi)

I used my great aunt's Spode transferware and wine glasses.

I planned to use tiger lilies for the cp. They grow wild here, but they weren't as abundant and didn't last as long as they usually do.

I found the tinted Mums at the grocery store and thought they would do the trick.

I hope you enjoy my copy cat table

Nana

Comments (11)

• maximavswife
    11 years ago

I love it Nana! It would be the perfect table to set when football season starts here as the Denver Broncos colors are blue and orange :-) I love the Spode dinnerware and the tablecloth is perfect! Very nice copy cat!
    Kath

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

That is a surprising combo! I love your Spode dinnerware & the wine glasses ... beautiful heirlooms! Tiger Lilies would be great as CP, too! ...but the Mums are sweet replacements! I would love to see this table w/white t'cloth, too ... so elegant, your 'blues!' & 'white lilies' ...oh nana, I'm just digressing here because I am enjoying this t'scape so much! Good for you ..bringing home new ideas & following thru! I do love it! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

I wouldn't have thought of those colors together either...except seeing them on the Bronco's uniforms. LOL.
    But your table is quite striking with them!

I've always loved the scenes on the Blue Willow. So pretty.
    hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

I love the color combination! So vibrant! And your dishes are absolutely gorgeous!

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you everyone.
    This was a fun table to do.
    Nana

• elmaly
    11 years ago

I love it!!

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Nana, sorry I'm just getting here to see this delightful table and post. What a bright and beautiful ts. Love your DGA's Spode transferware and wine glasses. You always have neat S & P shakers and the gems in the candle holders are just wonderful. It all looks great on that pretty orange tc.

Punk

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

Sush a very striking color combination and as Kathe said, perfect for the Broncos!
    The heirloom Spode is gorgeous and your layering is perfect. The wine glasses are the exact right shade of blue and the mums were a good substitute.
    That tablecloth will be great for fall and Halloween too!
    Since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I'm sure the person responsible for the original table would be honored!

Beautiful.

TFS,
    Candy

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

I can see why that ts caught your eye! Fun to see unusual color combinations. I also loved how you used the half marbles in your candle holders, neat accent. The clear glass chargers you used look great, now wishing I'd kept a set of clear sunflower dishes so I could use them the same way! LOL You come up with some wonderful ideas Nana, love seeing all your tables. Luvs

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Stunning combination Nana! Your beautiful blue spode just 'Pops' against the orange. You have so many beautiful pieces and how lucky to have them from your DGAunt.. Love the stemware and especially those S&Ps too.
    Great table.
    jane

• kathleen_li
    11 years ago

Very striking table , Nana!

Sponsored
More Discussions