Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Two Peas in a Pod

nana2010_gw
11 years ago

DD2 gave me cute S@P shakers for Mother's Day. I finally did a table using them.

From 2012-08-12 (by Eye-Fi)

The table cloth is from Big Lots I think it's cute, but since it's vinyl I can't get the wrinkles out.

I found the flatware a a TS. There were four place settings in four different colors, so I mixed the green and yellow.

The frosted tumblers are from a co-op store here in town.

The apples and pears in the centerpiece are real....The grapes not so much LOL.

My dear neighbor let me pick the phlox from her garden, and a friend gave me the vases.

Not thrilled with this view.

Not a fancy table, but I think it looks cool on a hot summer day, and I love the S@P shakers.

TFLookin.

Nana

Comments (9)

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

Your table looks so fresh. I can just imagine a frosty glass of lemonade with a meal at that table.

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Oh I like the mix of the two pale colors ... does look fresh as 'Fun' says above! The flatware & glassware are perfect w/plate setting... & the real fruit looks 'real!' ;-) Don't know how to get wrinkles out of plastic t'cloths either ...use them in the camper, too, but they're always wrinkly! A 'fresh' table...TFS, nana! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Well this is the third time I'm reply to this..GW is giving me pain with not cooperating tonight!!
    Anyway...let's hope this one will go through...
    I agree Nana that your table is so refreshing...
    I like the color combination you chose with the soft greens and white. Your tablecloth is pretty and you did such a nice job layering your dishes. I like how the two colors of flatware look and the 'fresh fruit' gives a nice touch. I had a set of frosted glasses many years ago and I see they're making a comeback again. Your green ones go perfectly with this setting.
    As for wrinkes in the tablecloth, I do something that not everyone will do - I put mine in the dryer with a very damp towl at a VERY LOW setting and for just a FEW MINUTES.
    When I take it out, I put it on the table and smooth it out with my hands...works for me! Let me know if you're brave enough to try it and how it worked for you.
    jane

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

Pretty table!
    Those S & P's are tooo cute!! It does look cool and refreshing, especially after all the hot days we have been having.
    The glassware is very pretty, and the layering is also lovely.
    Sweet and thoughtful gift from DD2. You can use these S & P's for a lot of themes.

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Nana, what a darling table. Just love your new S & P shakers. DD has great taste when it comes to gifts for you and your tables. Your layered dishes on the wht pm w/napkins look so crisp and nice. Using the yellow plate in the center w/matching flatware and apples is so neat for this ts.

I remember we had some frosted glasses like that. This is so fun to see what comes back around. The fresh fruit and flowers are such great choices too. I've thrown my tc in the dryer for a few minutes w/no problems too. Just don't forget about it.LOL

Punk

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

LOVE the peas and their pod!!! Too cute! And I love the soothing cool colors of your table setting and the polka dotted tablecloth just sets it off.

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for your kind comments. I had a different vision for this table until I found the tc.
    Jane, I've used the dryer trick many times for getting wrinkles out of vinyl tcs but it didn't work this time.
    Punk, The yellow dishes are very old probably depression ware, they are more yellow green in real life.
    Candy, I hope to use the S@Ps again I like to be able to use things more than once.
    I've been seeing frosted glasses a lot in ts, etc lately
    I've always liked how they look.
    Thank you all again
    Nana

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Very pretty table Nana. I like the fruit with the flowers on each side. The green apple on the plate really ties it all together. Good bargains and great that your friend shared her flowers with you. Luvs

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

What a sweet table, Nana. And definitely refreshing. I should have looked at this every day this past week with our fool heat being so draining. Those shades of green just perk one right up!

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
More Discussions