Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yachter123

Hi Y'all!

yachter123
12 years ago

Hi to all my old friends. I've been MIA badly this summer.

I've missed this place & all of you too.

I have not had time to do any t-scapes or much of anything else.

I decided to be a pool bum this summer, it has been hot & with us having a pool for the g-kids, I have turned into a lazy, sun-bunny!

To update: Went to Nashville in June for my g-son to record two of his original songs, soon to be on I-Tunes.

Aug. took an 8 day trip to try to recoup some of my energy from helping raise 3 grandchildren. Really needed the time away to just relax.

Sept. will be traveling to Malibu, Ca. for the premier of the Rick Springfield movie "Affair of the Heart" as my g-son is one of the stars of the movie.

Had numerous out of town houseguests this summer too.

Also, currently have a litter of 5 Shih Tzu puppies, 6 weeks old, so as you can see, it's been hectic/busy for me this summer.

Found a CTS on the way home from Nashville & stocked up on some things, but did not find all the cool bargains that Kathleen seems to.

This site has influenced how I travel now, I look for stores that I don't have near me, so I can check them out for goodies! LOL

Hit a Chicago Cutlery outlet, rather two of them on way home in Aug. The second one had all spring decor on sale for 75% off and bought them out of cute spring goodies for me & my g-daughter for future t-scapes.

Now that is a store that has mucho decor for every holiday! Wow, wish I had one closer. Each of the two had huge tables of fall & Halloween decor, too bad I have so much already or I would have bought them out!

It used to be called the Walnut Bowl/Chicago Cutlery outlet, but now they dropped the Walnut Bowl from the name.

Check them out if you are ever near one!

Hope to post a few pics, my g-daugter & I each did a simple t-scape last week one day & they have some cute little things I got while on vacay.

I probably won't be around much til after the Malibu trip, but will share news & pics with all of you (if you're not too bored by my bragging!).

Hey, I should look up decor stores in L.A. anyone know of any I should be looking for ?

Miss you all & hope to be back to catch up in a month or so.

Karen, I sent you an email, did you ever get it?

Kathleen, are you in the path of the hurricane, been thinking about people I know who live on the east coast. Stay safe & dry, I heard they down-graded it tonite, so that is good news!!

You can get updates on the movie on Facebook at this link:

And, my g-sons interview about the movie will be at this link, airing tomorrow nite on the Rowdy Ron radio show, you can hear it online here:

Your friendsDustin Walker

Rowdy Ron

It's coming!!!! August 27th!!!! Tune in!!! It's gonna be HUGE!!! 10pm Eastern time!! http://rickspringfielddoc.com/media/podcast-rowdy-rons-springfield-special/

An Affair of the Heart » Rowdy Ron presents SATURDAY NIGHT SPRINGFIELD SPECIAL ��" PART 2: 8/27/11

...rickspringfielddoc.com

Mark your calendars: AUGUST 27, 2011

My granson's interview with Rowdy Ron will air during this program!

See More

An Affair of the Heart » Rowdy Ron presents SATURDAY NIGHT SPRINGFIELD SPECIAL ��" PART 2: 8/27/11

rickspringfielddoc.com

Mark your calendars: AUGUST 27, 2011 … You now have a date with DJ Rowdy Ron! The former pro wrestler, comedian, and 80s icon will be doing another SATURDAY NIGHT SPRINGFIELD SPECIAL on Network Radio in honor of Rick Springfield’s 62nd birthday. Many of the featured fans and followers on the Yellow ...

Here is a link that might be useful: Yellow Rick Road productions

Comments (10)

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hey Yacht. glad to see you back here. Tho I am exhausted just reading what all has been going on with you this summer taking care of 3 grandkids.
    Yes I got your email, and once again am far behind in responding to my friends. I am so sorry.
    I know how super proud you are of Dustin, and all he does with Rick Springfield. Its been great to see pictures and hear him on videos.

I never heard of Chicago Cutlery, but sounds its a good thing there isn't one here! I'd stay broke and need another house for storage. LOL. I'm nearly at that point now.

I sure hope the hurricane isn't going to affect you guys.
    Or any of our gang. Sounds so scary.
    We had the fun (NOT!) of a REALLY record breaking day, 117 here. 13 degrees above normal for Aug. No relief till early next week they say. Thank heavens for air conditioning.

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Yachter, Glad you are back. Like Karen, I'm exhausted just reading about your summer. Have fun in Malibu.
    Nana

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Yachter' good to hear from you, we have been missing you; but sometimes life just gets to busy be able to keep up with everything, doesn't it. I know you are so proud of Dustin, and with good reason. How excited you must be. Take care and check in anytime you get a chance, Janet

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

You are one busy lady!!! So glad you stopped by to let us know what's going on in your life. Sounds like everything is positive and I couldn't be happier for you and yours. Be sure and let us know what Dustin's songs are so we can listen to them on our iPhones.

Hope you share some puppy pictures with us.

Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Good to hear from you & lookin' forward to your t'scapes w/those new bargains! Sounds like a WONDERFUL summer...& yes, sliding by so quickly! Life is good (in your neck of woods, too!) Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

So good to "hear" such happiness in your post. Very busy, but with fun things! Know those puppies are the sweetest little things--don't know how you can part with them! That is so great that Dustin is getting so much exposure and getting his songs recorded too! You have a right to be a proud Gma. ;o)

Luvs

• yachter123
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Although it sounds like everything is positive, it truly is not. The devil spawn woman continues to throw her evil darts at us, and the court system here moves at a snails pace.

We try to not dwell on it & let it ruin everything for Dustin, he's had enough heartache & deserves some happiness in his life.

He was just featured in a magazine article this past week too. He's turned into a wonderful young man, is not conceited at all & works hard for what he's achieved.

Thanks all for the nice comments.

Probably won't be back on here til after Malibu, I have a full schedule of "To Do's" til we leave.

A good friend of ours was here visiting & took a few pics of the pups, check them out.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Adorable puppy pictures. Who could pass one of them up? Hope your trip is a fun one. So happy for Dustin! He must take after his dad's side of the family, thank Goodness.

Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh my! Those pics just 'melt your heart,' don't they! Hard to think about how much work a puppy is! LOL! TFS, yacheter! & kudos to Dustin, too! Jeanne s.

• yachter123
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Punk, his songs are "Body Bag" (younger people like this one, message is for teens or anyone not to give up on life) and the other is "I Can't Do Anything For You" (some Rick influence in the sound of this one). Dustin wrote both of them, words & music.

Here is a link that will take you to his songs

Here is a link that might be useful: Dustin's songs

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional
More Discussions