Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hutch Decor

Posted by purplemoon (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 23, 11 at 1:52

I thought I'd share this lovely hutch decor with you.
Not only for her lovely summer white and apple green pieces she used in it, but her great idea to change the 'look' of the Hutch itself. I love the way she did it. And without ruining a heirloom piece, which is so important.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: hutch decor

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hutch Decor

How lovely! She has some beautiful pieces.
Very clever using the Scrapping book paper.
TFS
Nana

o

Very nice. Inspires me to cover the mirror on the back of my curio cabinet. I need another project. LOL

Marylee

o

One reason I like her idea is that you could change the scrapbook paper background to fit the seasons. Its so neat that its not a permanent thing. I haven't seen the toile scrapping paper, that is really pretty.

hugs, Karen
(send good thoughts, we are having a heat wave this week!
As if Aug in Phoenix isn't bad enough! Suppose to hit 116.
I am NOT happy about this!)Photobucket

o

Gee..I love the idea of changing out the look of a Hutch by using patterened paper. I got excited seeing this, and the first thing I thought of too Karen...was how neat to do this for the Holidays. With my White Hutch I started thinking of a 'Plaid' background...
You're right - so many possibilities.
She has a beautiful white collection..and I love the Apple Green pieces she added as an accent color.
Thanks for this post Karen...very inspiring.

jane

o

Nice! Thanks so much for sharing this with us. We are refinishing a few pieces and I could of saved alot of time by using paper instead of all the sanding.LOL

Punk

o

That scrap paper she used is beautiful ...sure changed the look, didn't it...I also love the white & the green pcs she used...so stunning! TFS this idea, PM...can see many possibilities! And good luck w/the heat wave! Ugh! Jeanne S.

o

I absolutely love scrapbooking paper and this just gives me another reason to love it! What a great idea...the only problem I would have is that I would have to empty my corner hutch to do it.....what a daunting task that would be.

Thanks for sharing!

o

Very pretty! I have been trying to find those white lacy chargers for years. They are metal. If anyone sees them, please let me know!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here