Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My bottle flower holders

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 11, 11 at 0:42

Remember the cute bottle idea Karen had posted from Country Living? Well, I didn't have that type of bottle, but it did inspire me to use some milk bottles my DB gave me that our Dad had collected. Just tied together with some twine--but I think I will try using some lace next time since I'm more Country Victorian than Rustic. I really think empty vinegar bottles would be a cute shape to use too. Luvs

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My bottle flower holders

Lovely! Jan

o

Oh, I like that 'as is!', luvs! You've got a crocheted doily under it all ...that qualifies as "Country Victorian!" LOL! I must have missed this post of Karen's! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

I must have missed that post of mine too...LOL. I don't remember the bottles!
But Luvs, that looks so pretty. I really enjoyed that you could use bottles from your Dad's collection. Makes this very special I think.

hugs, Karen

o

Luvs...That is so pretty. Very neat idea. Thank you for sharing.

Marylee

o

Gosh, I thought sure it was Karen who had posted the link to Country Living that showed the three small bottles tied together like this. I tried to find the post again but didn't find it. My neighbor passed on her issue and I know I tore that idea out to save. If I find it, maybe I can scan it and post here. Anyway, I just wanted to mention that it was not my original idea but adapted from something I had seen.;o)

Luvs

o

Great idea and it looks so pretty on your table! Love the bottles, vases and the flowers you used! You have agapanthas...I haven't seen those since I was a florist!

o

Luvs I too like the look you created - and how you tied them together with the twine. I agree with Jeanne..you have that nice crocheted doily for a perfect 'touch' of Country Victorian...
I think I missed Karen's post too.

jane

o

Marlene, I have lots of agapanthas and they were just loaded with blooms this year because we had gotten such nice rains. All the little bees really love them too! ;o)

Jane, I think you and Jeanne must be right. All my friends that have been over have just loved the fact that they are tied together and different flowers in each one. I was glad to find a use for my DD's bottles. ;o)

Luvs

o

So pretty!!

A fellow GW, Natal, did some and now I've been doing it for a couple of years.

What I do is take some old apothecary bottles I've found and inherited over the years and put a single flower in them with water, and line them up in the windowsill.

Easy and inexpensive decorating!

o

Wow, this is wonderful. What a great way to use DD's milk bottles. Your flowers are so pretty. You are on a roll and it's great!

Punk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here