Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

My bottle flower holders

luvstocraft
12 years ago

Remember the cute bottle idea Karen had posted from Country Living? Well, I didn't have that type of bottle, but it did inspire me to use some milk bottles my DB gave me that our Dad had collected. Just tied together with some twine--but I think I will try using some lace next time since I'm more Country Victorian than Rustic. I really think empty vinegar bottles would be a cute shape to use too. Luvs

{{gwi:1430948}}

Comments (10)

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Lovely! Jan

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, I like that 'as is!', luvs! You've got a crocheted doily under it all ...that qualifies as "Country Victorian!" LOL! I must have missed this post of Karen's! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

I must have missed that post of mine too...LOL. I don't remember the bottles!
    But Luvs, that looks so pretty. I really enjoyed that you could use bottles from your Dad's collection. Makes this very special I think.

hugs, Karen

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Luvs...That is so pretty. Very neat idea. Thank you for sharing.

Marylee

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Gosh, I thought sure it was Karen who had posted the link to Country Living that showed the three small bottles tied together like this. I tried to find the post again but didn't find it. My neighbor passed on her issue and I know I tore that idea out to save. If I find it, maybe I can scan it and post here. Anyway, I just wanted to mention that it was not my original idea but adapted from something I had seen.;o)

Luvs

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Great idea and it looks so pretty on your table! Love the bottles, vases and the flowers you used! You have agapanthas...I haven't seen those since I was a florist!

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Luvs I too like the look you created - and how you tied them together with the twine. I agree with Jeanne..you have that nice crocheted doily for a perfect 'touch' of Country Victorian...
    I think I missed Karen's post too.

jane

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Marlene, I have lots of agapanthas and they were just loaded with blooms this year because we had gotten such nice rains. All the little bees really love them too! ;o)

Jane, I think you and Jeanne must be right. All my friends that have been over have just loved the fact that they are tied together and different flowers in each one. I was glad to find a use for my DD's bottles. ;o)

Luvs

• Oakley
    12 years ago

So pretty!!

A fellow GW, Natal, did some and now I've been doing it for a couple of years.

What I do is take some old apothecary bottles I've found and inherited over the years and put a single flower in them with water, and line them up in the windowsill.

Easy and inexpensive decorating!

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Wow, this is wonderful. What a great way to use DD's milk bottles. Your flowers are so pretty. You are on a roll and it's great!

Punk

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions