Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Reader's Digest Mr & Mrs Claus & More

phonegirl
11 years ago

I hope your all up to looking at some Christmas things. I finally went out and took a few more pics to share.

Here's the Mr and Mrs Claus that are made out of old Reader's Digest magazines. DF said one of her DF's had made these for her years ago. I think they are adorable.

LG Set of Brass Deer and Wreath

I got two sets of these Hallmark dishes.

8 of these bowls by HOME

I think I have a set of 12 of these dishes from Macy's plus alot of the accessory pieces. Didn't have the desire to unwrap all of them but enough for you to see the pattern. They are 'Holiday Wreath' by The Cellar. Luvs, hope you get to see this set w/acorns.

It should be fun decorating and setting Christmas tables with all this!

Punk

Comments (11)

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Wow wonderful treasures,Punk!
    Mr. and Mrs. Claus are so cute. I don't recall ever seeing anything like them.
    The wreath is pretty and those Deer would be perfect on my mantel LOL.
    I love Christmas China I can't wait to see your tables set with your new sets.
    Nana

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Christmas galore!!! Wow! Of course, the 'brass' deer caught my eye right away! But I love the pattern on the Macy's 'Holiday Wreath'...so bold & beautiful! Your Christmas t'scapes will be quite a JOY! ! Lots of goodies here & Mr & Mrs. Santa are a 'hoot!' Fun! Fun! TFS, punk! Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

The dishes are beautiful. Looking forward to your holiday TS's with those.
    I remember seeing many different variations of those RD figures. I can't imagine having the patience to sit and fold all those pages!! LOL
    The deer are very striking, but I don't think you need to wait for the holidays for them. They could be used in your everyday decor.

I especially like the accessory pieces.

TFS,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

DITTO on all the above. Those deer would be lovely out for Fall decorating, as well as Christmas. They are wonderful!
    And all those dishes, WOW. Really pretty and festive. You are going to show us some fantastic tables using them!!

The Santa couple are waaaay cute. I've not seen anything like them before, and can't believe what some folks come up with and create. Just amazes me.

I love seeing Christmas stuff any time of year, and especially now with it 107 out. I can't wait till it cools off.

hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Love all of the Christmas dishes!! And the Reader's Digest Mr. and Mrs. Santa are cute....I remember making doorstops out of the Montgomery Ward catalog, so they sure brought back some memories.

Thanks for sharing these...they cooled me off!

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Nana, sad I don't have a mantel to set the deer on. I'd send them to you but it's not nice to give aways gifts.LOL

Jeanne, I really like these deer and if we spent more time at the cabin would probably take them up there for decor. The Macy's dinnerware is more woodsy (your type) and will be fun using pinecones and acorns to accent with.

Candy, it will be fun to have the accessory pieces to set a ts with. I had never seen the RD figures. I did a search on line but didn't come up with much.

Karen, can't imagine 107. When it gets over 85 here I feel like I'm melting with all the sweat. I think it's your fault I shop all year around for Everything.LOL

Marlene, do you still have any of your doorstops you made or pictures of them? Funny how some craft projects come back years later. Glad these brought back memories for you.

Thanks for looking and all the comments. I had a cousin from Missouri call me Thurs. night at work around 8:30 and ask if they could come see us. Last time I seen her I was in the 5th grade. They came up and just left. We had so much fun. She loves to ys so we hit a few and found some neat things.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

I remember seeing the folded page crafts in magazines but I never made any of them. Your's are cute and look to be in perfect condition too. The wreath behind your deer is really pretty too. I loved your holiday wreath dishes when I first saw the picture, THEN I read about the acorns and looked closer and turned "green with envy"! LOL I will be especially waiting to see your Christmas tablescape with THESE dishes. Lots of wonderful treasures, know you will enjoy using them all. Luvs

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Wow oh Wow Punk !!
    Love what you bought! Those M&M Claus are cute and so unusal...never saw anything like them before. DH & I passed Readers Digest many times. We had a friend who lived near there. Those brass deer are beautiful. They're different from the usual brass deer I see around. I must say tho...your dishes 'steal the show'!! What beautiful sets.
    I can't wait to see them this Christmas. They'll make quite a setting.
    Great seeing all your wonderful finds..
    jane

• shirls49
    10 years ago

I lost my directions to make Mr & Mrs Claus do you still have them and could you send them to me via email? Thanks.
    shirley_adler@yahoo.com

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Welcome Shirley, what a surprise to stop in tonight
    and see this post! I emailed you a pattern I found
    on the web that looks like my Mr & Mrs Claus. Please
    share a picture if you make a set. Hope you will continue
    to post with us here.

Punk

• Kim Pate
    2 years ago

Would love to have the instructions on how to make Mr & Mrs Santa. Love them.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio
More Discussions