Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shake Your Booty ! (shake, shake, shake)

Posted by jeannespines (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 24, 11 at 0:30

Got to go on a day trip today w/some retired friends...well, you 'Enabler's R Us' got to me as I don't do alot of scary Halloween or anything like that... but had to buy this wonderful brass old shoe boot at an antique store...

Brass Boot Vertical View 8.11

I sat it on my LR treadle sewing table to take pics tonight...here's a closer view (w/just room light):

Brass Boot Shoe Full View 8.11

And here's a close-up w/camera flash so you can see the details better...it's a planter, I guess...but won't it be great for Halloween decor! It has a few scuffs & cost $8. Thought it was quite unique! A good day.... Jeanne S.

Brass Boot CloseUp 8.11

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shake Your Booty ! (shake, shake, shake)

Jeanne, love your antique brass shoe boot you found. It will be fun to see what you come up with for Halloween. Wonderful pictures with it displayed.

I bought a couple of purple boots for some of my decor this year while out ys this summer. I had totally forgot I bought them till you showed your new boot tonight.

Gonna be some boot scootin booging goin' on this Halloween!!! I'm singing now...Shake, Shake, Shake Your Booty

Punk

o

Jeanne, Love that boot!! and I love where you placed it. Send it to me please. LOL
Nana

o

Jeanne, I love your boot. It is beautiful. I really like shoes and boots. I have a workboot planter and a wood plaque that is a workboot. I love them both.

Marylee

o

Very nice, J! Looks great on your table!

o

Your new boot looks great on your sewing table....looks like it could be used for all kinds of things...can't wait to see what you come up with for Halloween.

o

Jeanne..love the old boot! It's a perfect piece to do SO MANY things with..and yes, for Halloween too.
I love the setting it's in now - perfect with those old photos.
Will look forward to seeing it 'in action' for Halloween!

jane

o

Oh how neat. I love the old Victorian boot vases. This will make a neat Halloween decoration, and as Jane said, work for other decorating too. I have one, that my Mom bought about 20 yrs ago, but can't make it work for Halloween (its brown and white), its been stored since she died 10 yrs ago. :o( I can't bear to part with it.
I love that yours can be used in many ways.

Our Enablers did good, huh?
hugs, Karen

o

Well, I wasn't sure if I should open this post or not from the title--thought you might have been sipping a little too much "watermelon wine" and decided to dance for us! LOL

That's a great boot, and like the others said it looks really good where you have placed it.

So glad you had another fun outing with your friends--I got out for a bit today as well with a couple of friends. More about that later.

Luvs

o

LOL! Thanks, Holiday-ers! I think it's a keeper, too! And since you think it looks good there, I'll keep it there for awhile. Good to know that you all like 'boots!' & you are so good at being part of the 'Enabler's R Us' group!

I've been hummin' (shake, shake, shake...Shake your Booty) alot today, too! LOL! Jeanne S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here