Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Site for Halloween goodies

luvstocraft
13 years ago

I know we still want to hang on to summer as long as we possibly can, but ran across this site with lots of fun halloween goodies and thought I should share it with you. Some things are pretty pricey, but fun to look at none the less. Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: Halloween store

Comments (18)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Thanks, Luvs. Browsing that site will keep me occupied for a bit tonight. I always enjoy seeing any holiday stuff, any time.

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

L00k Who Calls 'Others' Enablers!!
    Luvs good thing the prices are on the high side...or I'd be in big trouble. Of course I went right to 'clearance'...but not too many low - low priced items
    I love 'window shopping' though, and
    I liked the silhouette of the witch in the doorway.
    I'm leaning towards the silhouettes for some reason this year. There are so many nice ones too.

Thanks for sharing this site with us Luvs. I enjoyed looking.

jane

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Hey, you all. What is this witch silhouette that everyone is talking about? Someone named Cindi made it?

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Luvs,
    Hope you didn't miss this: Acorn Ornaments.

You could hang them on this: Tan Feather Tree.

Is there No tempting you?!!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OA, I DID see the acorn ornaments and I'm very tempted. Will see what the shipping costs are. However, as neat as that tan feather tree looks, it's $59! Too high for my "fixed income" I'm afraid. ;o)

They say the silhouettes are "lace". There's the witch and a spiderweb one. They look really neat in that doorway, don't they?

Luvs

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jane, here's a site with some very inexpensive silhouettes. Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: Halloween items

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Thanks Luvs for that site...I hadn't seen that one.
    I checked it out and there's
    lots of good silhouettes to choose from.

OA...I had my eye on those acorn ornies too.. but I thought the feather tree was too high priced...

As far as the 'Witch Silhouette'...it was Cheri who made one for her front lawn...It's a life size 'Dancing Witch' silhouette with Cat Silhouettes around her...
    I was so impressed with how great it looked, and the fact that she cut it out herself! She did such a nice job.
    I wrote her about it, and she was so sweet to offer to make a pattern of it for me.
    jane

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Jane,
    Is there a picture of it somewhere?

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

OA...
    Here's a picture for you.

jane

Here is a link that might be useful: Witch Silhouette

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Jane, I absolutely love Cheri's witch and cats. How wonderful. I use to be able to cut out wood stuff and make things, years ago. That pattern would have been great to do. But my days of major sawing and sanding are long past unfortunately, darn it all.

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Karen...I'm a 'scaredy cat' to cut one out myself..
    I used to 'fool around' with DH's power tools, but had an accident once, and was hit in the head (no remarks pls),
    and that was the last time I used one. I know Luvs uses
    a scroll saws, and makes it sound real easy..which I'm sure is for 'HER"... I admire her for it.
    But with this project, I'm leaving it up to DH to do the cutting for me. I showed him Cheri's witch and he agreed to do it. So it won't be me.

jane

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I think I have that pattern downloaded from the MS website. The witch fits on a big sheet of plywood I think. I love it, but like so many things, it's on the "too long to ever do" list! LOL Plus, I'm used to using my scroll saw, but this would have to be done with a jig saw and I've not used that much. I'll just enjoy looking at your's and Cheri's I think. ;o)

Luvs

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Luvs, great sites you shared. I asked DH about cutting some gourds out like the Halloween ones and he said YES! I love all the bottle brush trees for the different holidays. I got alot of great ideas, now I just need to find time to getter done! An hour later and coffee cups empty again, I know why I didn't stay up and browse.

Jane, I can see why you wanted Cheri's Witch Silhouette and cats. I Love it! Such a cute setting. DH does all my cutting and enjoys it as much as I do.LOL

Thanks ladies for sharing. Punk

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Punk,

I love those gourds too. Especially like these:

Do you grow your own gourds? My mother used to grow a big patch of them (little ones) every year so I could do a special art project with my second grades.

Please ask your husband what he tool he is going to use to cut the gourds.

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Jane,

Take a look at this.

Witch Silhouette

Costs a little more than a sheet of plywood and a can of balck paint!

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

OA..I saw that one, and I loved it, but the price is way to high for my budget...but thanks anyway.
    After looking at it, that's when I decided to write Cheri and ask her about the one she made.
    Those Gourds are adorable. I tried growing some a few years ago, but w/o luck. I got inspired, when I was at a craft show, and a woman was selling her handpainted ones, which were so beautiful.

Luvs... I know you use your 'trusty' jig saw...and I'm so impressed...DH has totally banned me from using any power tools...since my accident. :( ...but he's happy to help me out with any project that involves wood cutting.

jane

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

CUTE ideas! (but my July stuff is still up!) ... oh, I want to keep summer for awhile...even hot & humid, I guess. So I'll join in on the Fall stuff in a couple weeks...but I enjoy looking! Great ideas here!
    Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

OA, yes, those are the ones and he's in bed. I will ask him and let you know. We don't have a long enough growing season here to grow the large gourds. My younger sister grew some for me and brought them up a few years ago.

Great story about mom growing gourds for your students. I planted some gourds this year but I'm sure they will be small ones. I wanted some for my fall decorations.

I loved the MS silhouettes in your post, but they are spendy.

Punk

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions
More Discussions