Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

TS Tables for Karen

phonegirl
13 years ago

Karen, I will have DGD tomorrow evening so decided I better get this posted tonight for tomorrow's TS table. This was a fun table to put together with TS finds. Thanks for letting us know about it. I painted my martini glasses just for this table. The only thing that isn't from TS is the silverware.

If others set tables and would like to add to this TS post that would be great.

Punk

Comments (15)

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Punk,
    Beautiful table. I think your martini glasses are fab.
    Shame on you for teasing Karen by using that carousel horse that she loved!! LOL

Thanks for starting the thread as I will be at work tomorrow.
    I set my table using the watering can plates from one of my SA trips that I had shown earlier.

Everything shown is a TS find except the mini S & P shakers from my late MIL, the red flatware from my picnic basket that is at least 25 yrs old, the white table topper that is older than that, the clear DT goblets, and the seed packets that I used as place cards.

The blue candleholders are marked Catalina Island on the bottom and I got the pair for .98c.

The blue goblets are actually plastic and were $1.67 for all 4.

So, the white chargers, red plates, watering can salad plates, blue goblets, blue watering can, lift for the watering can, gingham placemats, sunflowers, blue candleholders, red lantern candleholder, strawberry pot, napkins, grapevine wreath napkin rings, and small watering cans are all TS finds.

TTFN,
    Candy

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Ladies...what 'PURTY' tables!
    Both using blue... and both so different.
    I love being able to Bring New Life to TS finds...

Punk, I agree, Karen will go 'gaga' over that carousel horse. He looks wonderful there.
    I love your blue stems. They compliment your pretty dinnerware. This table is very soft and serene looking. and I like it.

Candy...another pretty table from you too.
    It's like being at a 'country picnic'. 'Where's the Fried Chicken and Corn on the Cob?!!
    I like the use of the blue & white check with the touches of red and that wonderful 'Splash' of yellow from your centerpiece. Very striking.

Ladies, I enjoyed seeing the lovely tables you put togeher from your TS Treasures!
    Karen, thanks for this fun idea..

jane

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Punk...how am I supposed to look at dishes when you go and put that fantastic carousel horse on the table?!! sigh. But I tried. You and Candy did really wonderful tables and I hope others join in.

Honestly, I was all excited last week about doing something myself. Now it seems I should have done it THEN.
    I can't even comment on all the Holiday posts the past few days, total exhaustion and brain fog. I look at all the pictures and try to read, and just hate not commenting to all of you. I'm sort of "here, but not here". I'll try to do better soon.

{{gwi:77274}}

• jaybird
    13 years ago

((((Karen)))))
    The tables are beautiful ladies...I love the sunflower one...just my style. Your glasses are gorgeous Punk...y'all are just too talented!! I should have paid attention and gotten one set up. Maybe I can get it in later in the week!

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Lovely tables, both of you! Punk, the flowers you painted on the glasses tie them in perfectly. I love your other goblets too. Love the soft look of your whole table.

Candy, I love the way you tied the sunflowers from your plate with the centerpiece and even the cute sunflower on your napkins. You can never go wrong with pretty checked linens either.

I've been wanting to use my new TS chargers, so let's see if I can play a bit and come up with something so I can join in on this post too. Wish me luck! ;o)

Luvs

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Punk, that table is just so pretty! I love the goblets, and the napkins are just lovely!

Candy, what a bright cheerful table! Love the blue checks and watering can motiff! That napkin fold is great!

You both did a wonderful job!

I don't think I have enough from a thrift store plate wise. I will have to look !

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

punk ... those "crooked" stem wineglasses that you painted look great on this table! And the shades of "blues" in the brocade placemat & napkins, plates & glassware are so soft & beautiful! Plus your teal blue ribbon on the carousel horse ties in so good with your TS pottery style dishes. Everything looks great! TFS!

candy...summery & fun! Sunflowers always make me smile! And this table certainly brings a breath of fresh air into the room...like dining on the patio! Love the RW&B dishes, glassware, & linens...and love how you created the watering can centerpc & surrounded it with the red lantern, candles & terracotta pot of strawberries. This is just one cheerful, sunshiney t'scape! TFS & great TS'ing!

Great idea, purplemoon, for suggesting TS t'scapes/vignettes! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I don't have a lot of tablescape items from the TS, but will incorporate a few in anyway. The chargers are my most recent find, and the black otagon shaped plates and little white plates were also TS finds. The pedestal bowl and the bud vase as well. The red plates were a Marshall's find, black stems from Ross,(a little too fancy for this table, but I thought I needed more black and those were the only black stemware that I have) placemats and napkins from Ms. Jaybird. Cups and napkin rings from Dollar Tree and that cute bunny came from Ms.Karen. Candy, wish I would have had your pot of strawberries, I had to use a red jar candle. Enjoy the pics. Luvs

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Those mats look beautiful on your table! I'm so glad you can get some use from them!!
    I love the bunny too!
    Thanks for posting.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

luvs...your patio/porch/sunroom? table looks so cheery, too...like candy's! I am loving the checked linens (Nice, jaybird!) ... & that cute bunny with the strawberries...yup, you need a bowl of fresh strawberries at this table...& would you fix up some strawberry shortcake to go with 'em? LOL! I would join you for lunch! TFS! Jeanne S. ...another fun TS t'scape!

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Candy, your table is wonderful, so bright and cheerful. Perfect setting with your plates. Love all of it but the seed packets as place cards is so neat. The napkins are so pretty folded like that. What did you do to make them stand up like that? (I may need to copy them) Did the grapevine wreath napkin rings com with the sunflowers or did you add them you clever one?

Luvs, you rock lady. Took the time to create a beautiful ts table on your patio. I love all your plates and chargers. The pedestal bowl is so pretty and what a darling bunny to join the party. The black stemware is
    nice and looks fine on your table.

Thanks everyone for all your sweet comment! So should we try to make this a yearly event if Karen will remind us when it's coming up?

Punk

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Luvs...your red & white table is lovely..and the setting
    for it on your porch, is so summery looking.
    That color combo is another one of my favorites.
    I like how you layered the different shaped plates. I'm amazed how you collected everything in different places, (even the cute bunny from K) and it all works so perfectly together... Also, topping it all off... with those pretty mats and napkins from J..looks like they were made to order!

jane

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

OMG . . . it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL & WONDERFUL, Candy!!!! I am awestruck by the bargains that you've found and the gorgeous Summer table that you've created with them. BIG congrats!!
    Lynn

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Jane, Karen, jaybird, Kathleen, Jeanne & Lynne, Thank you all for your lovely compliments.

Luvs, your red table is so cheery and I would loan you the strawberry pot, but your red candle works just as well.

Punk, the napkins are folded in half, accordian pleated, then I used the grapevine rings in the middle of the napkin, folded half underneath the grapevine ring, and kind of spread that on the table, fanned out the top and stuck a sunflower in the ring. The sunflower is not attached, just sitting there. So, it basically just an accordian pleated napkin folded in half, with the ring acting as a belt to hold it together and the top half is the fan, and the bottom half is the stand. I hope that helps, and please feel free to duplicate it. It does help that the napkins are a fairly thick fabric. I don't think it would work as well with a delicate fabric.

Sorry this response took so long, just busy with summer activities.

TTFN,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Candy for the details on your napkins. I'll try that with some of my stiffer ones. It is amazing how different the napkins can be.

Punk

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions