Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Strawberry Shortcake Table

christmascandy
11 years ago

I found these strawberry plates at the TS and used them to set a new table.

For the CP I used the Strawberry Shortcake dolls and toys that were my youngest DD's and now are in the toybox for the DGK's.

The flatware was from Ross, and the red striped glasses are from an old picnic basket. The goblets, plates, chargers, napkins, and tablecloth are all TS.

The green plates under the strawberry plates were also TS.

Dessert anyone??

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (7)

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

OK, I'm callin' this table by it's true colors ~~~CUTSIE!!! I mean, Candy, how can anyone use Strawberry Shortcake dollbabies & not be 'cutsie! So sweet & your checkered red t'cloth is perfect w/it all! Love the dinner & salad plates pattern! & what are those lil' sweet strawberries in front of each place setting (toys, too)? Oh, this table just makes me smile! TFS! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Candy, this table is adorable. Love your new strawberry plates. The strawberry candles are the cutest and so is your DD's Strawberry Shortcake dolls and toys for the cp. We still have DD's SS doll from the 80's too.

Yep, it's cutsie as Jeanne called it.

Punk

• milosmom_gw
    11 years ago

This is what I'm going to call a HAPPY TABLE. Love it!!
    The tc sets a perfect feeling , the strawberry plates were a great find and you used just the right accent pieces. The centerpiece is icing on the cake so to speak.

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

I'm going to agree with the others, HAPPY CUTESY tablesetting. ;o)
    Tho for some reason you've made me want a big ol' chocolate-dipped strawberry, and its after 3:30 AM here!
    Thanks a lot, Girl!

hugs (I think),
    Karen

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Candy, The red and white checked tc is the perfect backdrop for this sweet table!
    The green plates accent the strawberry plates perfectly.
    Using the Strawberry Shortcake dolls for the center piece was brilliant!!
    Once again a wonderful Candy Shot.
    I agree with Karen, chocolate covered strawberries sound pretty darn good!!
    Nana

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

What a fun idea! I really like the strawberry design on those plates, so pretty and yummy looking. Great idea to use the dolls, hope you have grandkids to share this one with, although it would bring out the "kid" in anyone and make them feel happy. Luvs

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jeanne, yes, the little strawberry shortcakes are part of the toys. Yup, I agree, it is cutsie and makes me smile too!

Punk, I can't believe how many of the dolls I still have and their little bitty shoes too, LOL! I remember some of their names, but not all of them.

MM, it makes me happy too. I had to do some digging in the toybox to find the daisy top for the strawberry trolley, but eventually found it.

Karen, the experts recommend eating more fruits and veggies, so I think a chocolate dipped strawberry counts as a fruit, LOL.

Nana, not only is the tablecloth just plain fun, but it is fabric that I can pretty much just shake out the wrinkles!! Bonus!!

Luvs, the DGK's are the reason I still have the dolls, although the boys aren't really interested in them, go figure!

Thanks everybody. Not only was it a fun table to create, it was fun just to look at it.

TTFN,
    Candy

Sponsored
More Discussions