Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
milosmom_gw

Orange/white and a little fun for the kids table & cc

milosmom_gw
11 years ago

After a busy busy week with the DH being on vacation , he's returned to work and I can get back to "normal" and the fun stuff... lol

I have the neices coming for an evening visit later in the week so set up something quick ,simple and fun for them.

This coming after the little one (age 8) came into the house once last year before I had redone the table and horridly exclaimed "You mean the table is wood?!"...LOL I've done tables most of her life so it must have shocked her to know what was actually under all the stuff.

I wanted to keep it carefree so if they break something , I won't be to sad (the little one is a.d.h.d. and not very careful sometimes).

The gems will give her something to touch and amuse herself with without harming anything. The flower shaped chargers are geared for the older one.

The candles of course won't be lit and the glassware is $$store and the vase I spray painted to go with the color scheme.

For the c.c. I wanted to do something a little more for their age as opposed to just dishes/glassware and they both love animals so I hauled out the collection and added a few flowers for a punch of color and the white/wood pieces to balance it all out.

Comments (9)

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

MM, anyone [young or young at heart] would love sitting at this table.
    It is so bright and cheerful and summery.
    I love the orange vase and flower shaped chargers.
    Once again you did a fabulous job with the china cabinet.
    I think the owls are terrific.
    I'm so glad you are back sharing your tables with us!
    Nana

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

That will be a great table for all of the kids...so much to look at and play with and no one will get hurt and things won't get broken. Great idea...have fun!

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

What a fun table and china cabinet!
    Your nieces will love it and so nice that it is kid proof!
    Great color on your vase and the floral shaped chargers are too cute!
    I'm sure everyone will have a great time!

TFS,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Oh, who couldn't resist pickin up & handling the glass gems on the t'cloth!! Cute table for your nieces, MM...have fun & enjoy your time tog. & the china cabinet is so fitting for the table...love the owls 'awake' in the light! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

How delightful. Know the girls will love it all. You are a terrific auntie to visit, creating special memories for them.

I cracked up over the story about the little one exclaiming the table was WOOD. Too funny.

Oh, I love your owls. They are pretty ones. I really like owls and seeing them in decor.
    hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

MM, I agree with the others. What a fun table for
    the girls. The gems on the table give it a neat look.
    Made me think of owl eyes. Great job on the vase and
    love the charges. So bright and cheery.

Hope you had a fun time.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Very pretty and fun too. Amazing how you came up with such cute decor for the china cabinet too. Would love it if you could share some of the comments from the kids. Did they realize you did all this just for them? Too funny about the "wood table". LOL

Luvs

• milosmom_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Luvs: Oh yes , they both knew it was just for them because the whole evening wasn't prefaced by DON'T TOUCH anything! LOL
    The loved the gems and the owls and especially the grilled cheese sammiches shaped like dinosaurs. LOL

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

MM...what a fun table to be 'entertained' at! You really put some nice thought into it...making it very colorful and age appropriate...adding the little gems and even thinking of an animal theme for the CC!! Love it.
    I'm glad they enjoyed themselves knowing this was just for 'them'..along with yummy grilled cheese!!
    You're a sweetheart Auntie...
    jane

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022
More Discussions