Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Independence Day Table

Posted by christmascandy (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 1, 11 at 22:00

I found the plates and bowls at TS's and had to save them for this holiday as they are perfect for it!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The napkins, tablecloth, burgundy chargers, blue plates,goblets, glasses, napkin rings, 2 Uncle Sams, star candleholders, center candle/black candleholder, plates, and bowls are all TS treasures. The silver candlesticks are decades old.

The silver hammered chargers were the $1 ones from HL last yr. The bowls are the Old North Church, Staffordshire Ironstone.

The plates are The Capital At Washington, Johnson Bros, England.

The center candle with the 2 Uncle Sams on the sides.

The candyshot is a bit blurry, but gives the overall idea.

Have a wonderful July 4th weekend everybody!

TTFN,
Candy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Independence Day Table

This is such an 'Elegant Independence Day Table'!!
Love - Love ALL those dishes and you're right they are so perfect for this holiday. I can't believe these are ALL TS finds and that everything - AGAIN - fits so perfectly together... Amazing!
I love how the burgundy colored chargers look with the blues...it sets your dishes off nicely. Your stems - Uncle Sam's and candles...all add a lovely touch.
Great table and 'Candy Shot' too!

jane

o

The plates & bowls are GORGEOUS! Yes, perfect for an Independence Day t'scape! Love how you've 'stacked' each place setting & the hammered ones are still my fav! Love the blue plates under the red ones, too!

The blue t'cloth is so bold looking & lovely for this table...& always enjoy how you double up your napkins. Candlelight & wicker...more pretties!!! Enjoy your 4th, too, candy! Busy outside yet but enjoying these Holiday posts! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Very, very cool dishes. Jane's right. It is an elegant setting.

Those napkin rings are darling.

Love the whole set-up.

o

I hadn't seen dishes with the capitol like those, how perfect for this holiday! How great that you can put together such a nice tablescape and all with TS bargains! No one would ever guess if you hadn't told us! Lovely.

Luvs

o

Wondrful Table Candy!
From the blue tablecloth, to the way you stacked your wonderful plates, to the silver candle sticks, and the adorable napkin rings, and the guest of honor Uncle Sam it is a perfect Independence Day table

I am always amazed at your TS finds!!

TFS

Happy 4th of July

NanaK

o

Your tables are always amazing! I really need someone like you to go shopping with...can't believe the things you find!

o

Candy,

I love the historic look of your table--how appropriate for Independence Day!

I really like the transferware--I never saw the Old North Church and the Capitol before. The dark blue tablecloth and the silver candlesticks...makes me think of Paul Revere!

-Magpie

o

Candy, you have done it again. Girl, you never cease to amaze me with the tables tou do with your TS treasures. I love the Old North Church, and I had never seen the Capitol either, but they sure do work together.You TS is so approprite for Independence Day.Janet

o

Candy, this is great to see another great ts from you tonight. Love your new dishes, candles and 2 Uncle Sams for this table. You find so many neat things at the ts. Love It!

Punk

o

Thank you for the compliments.
I have some other plates that would also work for the holiday, but these seemed so perfect, I decided to use them. I found the painted flower pot napkin rings at an ARC TS, and couldn't resist, even though I had already found some stars/stripes rings at another TS. I will save those for another table.

The Johnson Brother plates have an round indent for a cup, but there weren't any matching cups at the TS, : (

I actually did use the silver knowing Paul Revere was a silversmith.

I didn't light the center candle as the wick is holding the small red star which is also wax. If I cut the wick to
light the candle, I lose the little star, or should I cut them apart and light both?? That is why I didn't light it, I couldn't figure out how without ruining the candle.

Today is also my oldest daughter's birthday. When she was little, she thought the fireworks were for her birthday!

Have a safe and explosively wonderful 4th!! LOL

Candy

o

Happy B'day to your DD, candy...& we share another common link...today is my brother's b'day, my oldest gr'son's b'day & his Dad, my SILaw's birthday! All are 'firecrackers!' LOL! Jeanne S.

o

Amazing table Candy! Such great dishes to use for this holiday! Very very nice!

Kath

o

What a lovely table! The dishes you chose and the way you layered them...its all so elegant.
Tho I wouldn't want to eat there and get ANY thing dirty.
I'd probably stand guard to be sure no one did, LOL.

hugs, Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here