Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Dollbaby's 4th of July & Buffet Vignette (pic heavy)

jeannespines
12 years ago

Happy 4th of July, everyone! Hope you've had a great weekend & enjoyed the time w/family or friends! God Bless those who serve to keep our freedom!

Today I stayed indoors some & finally had some quality time with Dollbaby! She was a bit miffed since she was still dressed in her Spring outfit!

So here she is with her summer/July 4th placesetting:

Those little ceramic shoes are new & she wanted them used on her tray for July 4th...well, they're 'blue' & they have a RW&B ribbon! LOL! DH & I camped last month in So IA & we made a day trip to Pella...a beautiful Dutch town...here's a close-up of the Dutch shoes:

The little Americana doll she is holding was a clearance find at HLobby yrs. ago.

Here's a full view...everything in Dollbaby's vignette are TS finds! (thanks to the 'Enablers R Us' on this forum!)

Since I did get some new dishes for everyday use (that I've previously shared on here), I decided to use the pitcher & a 'canape' plate (never heard of that term before)...here's the Wikipedia def: A canapé is a small, prepared and usually decorative food, held in the fingers and often eaten in one bite.

The striped star bowl is an old TS find some time ago, too.

And, here's a basket of napkins I fixed up for the right side of the buffet...yup, used those GS 'dragonfly' rings!

...and some little faux tealights in ceramic candleholders & pottery bowl. Here's the full view...I did buy a new runner awhile back:

And the beautiful shelf above the buffet (made by DH) that I've shared many times on our forum has an old 'The Flag' print (from my Mom) & just a fav print of a little girl that I bought some yrs ago...candlestick, bird & teapot are more TS or GS finds!

Hope you enjoyed...now back to the outdoors! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (12)

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Very Impressive. I have always loved the way you decorate dollbaby and her highchair tray. I love your buffet and shelf too. The new dishes are great and the flag pics really set the scene for the 4th. TFS Janet

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Happy 4th to you too Jeanne!
    Dollbaby looks pretty happy all spiffied up for the 4th!
    Cute little Americana doll and tablescape you put together for her. I always love seeing her adorable accessories.
    I love the vignettes on your buffet and shelf. I like the clean lines of the white striped pitcher and other pieces and love the vintage look of the flag picture and little girl with the flag.. That display seems so nostalgic to me and looks so nice on your shelf.
    Glad you and Dollbaby got to play indoors today...love what you did.

jane

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Too cute!!
    I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Glad Dollbaby got some attention too!

Everything looks very festive and the new dishes look great with the TS bowl. Isn't it fun when things all go together?? The flag picture is perfect and the little girl is just darling. I like the color of blue for your candle.

Its all definitely worth lookin at. LOL

TFS,
    Candy

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

AAH, Dollbaby looks so cute, she looks happy to be part of the festivities. The little doll is so cute and I really love those shoes.
    You do such a wonderful job with your buffet.
    The white and red pitcher, plate and bowl are perfect.
    I like the vignette on the shelf with the blue candle and the prints of the flags. The one with the little girl is darling.
    Well done Jeanne.
    TFS
    hope you had a wonderful 4th!!
    NanaK

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Jeanne...Everything looks wonderful. You always do such a beautiful job with your decorating. I really enjoy seeing your vignettes. Thank you for sharing.

Marylee

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Another beautiful job Jeanne! Dollbaby looks very spiffy in her outfit and I love the new little shoes and the dolly! Your new dishes look very nice on your buffet and I've always loved your flag picture and your little girl with the flag! TFS!

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

Jeanne, I just love seeing how dollbaby is dressed for each holiday! I also look forward to seeing your holiday vignettes. You do such a wonderful job of placing the right items together. TFS!
    Kath

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Dollbaby looks so darn cute all spiffed up for the 4th. That little Americana doll is just perfect with her. Cute little shoes from Pella. I've been there before and it is a really cute town. Too bad I didn't know you then--we could have arranged to meet up. Your buffet and special shelf look just right. So glad you had a bit of time to play inside. Guess I'd better get over to the GJ forum to see what you have been up to outside too. ;o)

Luvs

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Lots of nostalgia there & love the little Dutch shoes & the flag prints & things of the shelves. TFS Jan

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for your sweet comments, "Holiday-ers!"

Can't believe a week in July is gone already ...summer is passing by so fast! I looked up info on the "Our Flag" print (not 'The Flag') ...it's a pretty old framed print (lithograph) & I appreciate it even more now w/Mom gone.

yes...it was a real good weekend...work & play ...had some of kids/gr'kids home!

And, who knows, luvs...we may meet up again one day! That is if Jane ever gets that bus tuned up & rollin'! I'll ever let Dollbaby ride along if Punk will bring TJ! LOL!

Thanks, again, everyone...you're the best bunch of "Holiday-ers" I know! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Old Glory originated in Excelsior Springs

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Dollbaby really ought to come with a Cuteness Alert in the subject line. She never fails to make me grin with her sweet face. She just looks so cute with her patriotic stuff. And I love the way you did the napkin basket, very pretty.

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, Dollbaby is adorable and I love her patriotic babydoll. Those little dutch shoes are so sweet and the perfect size for her tray.

Great job decorating with your dishes and decorations on the buffet and shelf. Sounds like you enjoyed company for the holiday. Ours left today and it was great but I'm pretty tired right now but had to jump on here for a quick look tonight. It's only 11:30 here and I'm just getting home.

Punk

Sponsored
Style Savvy Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Luxurious Interior Designer & Decorator
More Discussions