Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

OT....Shameless Bragging!

Marlene Kindred
11 years ago

Hi all~

I don't know about all of you, but it has been SO HOT here in Virginia that we can barely breath. Haven't done much tablescaping either, but I do have some big news to share! My daughter is having her first published book released tomorrow (The Immortal), so if any of you like young adult fantasy or have children or grandchildren who do, please give her book a try. Even though she's my daughter, I have to say that it is a very good story and there are seven in the series. She has been writing since she was eight years old and has written 18 novels to date. So, if you have a chance, please check out her website and her book on amazon.com. Her website is ehkindred.com

See...I told you it was shameless bragging! We are VERY proud of her!!

Comments (6)

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

You deserve to brag...big and loud! What a wonderful accomplishment. Congratulations to her, and to her proud parents! I'm so glad you shared this with us.

The weather has just gone crazy (again) it seems. I thought after last year, maybe 2012 might give folks a break. But apparently not. I know with the humidity on your side of the country, the temps are awfully dangerous when so high. That is our saving grace here, low humidity and 'dry' heat. I worry about all the folks still without electricity from that powerful storm earlier in the week.

Take care of yourselves,
    hugs, Karen

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

how wonderful, Marlene I can only imagine how proud you must be.
    I hope the weather breaks soon. Most of the country needs relief from the high temps.
    My heart goes out to those who lost power from last weeks storms.
    I'm going to check out your DD's website and recommend her to my DGDs.
    Nana

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Brag away, woman! You should! Congrats to your DD & all of you! Dreams come true, uh! TFS! Jeanne S.

101 here yesterday ...today a few degrees lower ...should be the last day & back to mid-80's (we're hoping!)

• elmaly
    11 years ago

That's awesome!

XOXO

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Marlene, this is fantastic news!!! So happy for all of you and thanks for sharing such wonderful news with us. I will be checking her website out.Thanks

If you can't tell your friends, who can you tell?LOL

Punk

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

Congratulations to both of you!!
    That is quite an accomplishment and you have every right to be proud.

Please pass on our compliments to your DD.

We have had a bizarre summer here so far, between the fires in the mountains with horrible smoke and haze in the city as a result, record breaking heat (I thought we had been transported to Phoenix, LOL), high winds, and then the monsoon rains hit causing flooding! Now the ash and soot is polluting the rivers, so several cities have had to switch to different water supplies. Yikes!!

We have been fortunate as mostly we have just had the smoky air. I feel so sorry for the people back east dealing with the heat and no power!!

I did get rained off of the golf course yesterday as it was raining so hard, they had to close the course because of standing water. From one extreme to the other!!

Anyway, glad you shared your happy news with us. It is so nice to hear something positive.

TTFN,
    Candy

Sponsored
More Discussions