Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My 4th of July

Posted by SeasonalDecorating__ (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 24, 13 at 18:02

Hi everyone! It has been a while since my last post. I have been keeping busy with classes, having company over and visiting family. This fourth of July was truly a blast! We really had lots of fun. Here are a few pics of this year's fourth of July Celebration.

photo IMG_25322E.jpg
We had lots of campfires, almost every night for a week and a half!

photo TraditionsGrilling.jpg
We grilled kabobs with marinated steak and peppers (I put the "Traditions" watermark on some pics because i used them on my fb page)

photo LobsterPlatesTraditions.jpg
disposable tableware :)

photo TraditionsFlags.jpg
Decorated the garden with lots of flags. My brother and I built this garden at our grandma's house and every year we visit in the spring to rake leaves, pull weeds, and plant flowers :)

photo IMG_25272E.jpg
We also have a tradition of burning hundreds of tea lights around the garden. This year we had 300. I used to collect miniature kerosene lamps, and we used to have campfires all the time. One night i thought it would be fun to light the mini lamps and set on the posts while we had campfires and that turned into the tea light tradition :)

photo IMG_25172E.jpg
Here is the view of the garden from the island in the middle of the pond that our garden is built by.

photo IMG_25122E.jpg
This year we put up a pool on the island part of the garden underneath the pergola

photo IMG_25042E.jpg
More tea lights :)

photo IMG_24892E.jpg

photo IMG_24692E.jpg

photo IMG_24642E.jpg

photo P11709962E.jpg
Here is the garden during the day

photo P11709762E.jpg
We had dinner in the canopy many nights :)

photo P11709662E.jpg

photo P11709702E.jpg

photo P11709612E.jpg

photo P11709582E.jpg
more flags

photo P11709552E.jpg
We also set up a movie screen and a projector and home theater speakers outside to project movies and also the annual 4th of july slide show that i make using pictures of family from the past year.

photo P11709392E.jpg

This was such a fun 4th of July :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My 4th of July

Looks like you had a blast! Such a lovely setting. You and your family put a lot of work into your party and it certainly shows!

o

Wow, can I be your gramma too? Everything is beautiful and sounds like alot of fun! The photos with all the lights and flags are stunning. So many wonderful flower beds, pool, home theater, fire pit and 300 tea lights! I'm surprised you have enough energy left to celebrate.LOL

Great shot of the kabobs on the grill. Makes my mouth water just looking at the picture. I hope you used alot of disposable tableware so you had time to enjoy visiting with everyone.

Thanks for sharing.

Punk

o

Thanks! We have had this tradition for 7 years :)

o

what a wonderful spot!! I really loved the night time pictures.
You can plan on me being there next year.
Nana

o

Beautiful gardens! Looks like a lovely spot for a family party. What fun to be outside and watch the family videos and movies.

It must take a long time to light all of those tealights!!

Congratulations on creating a wonderful tradition that will make many happy memories!

TFS,
Candy

o

WOW. Not only a great 4th celebration, with everything looking so festive (and yummy!!)....but your gardens are just beautiful. I'd be out there ALL the time!!! You have soooo much to look at and enjoy. I'm happiest when I'm outside, and unfortunately living in Phx means a great part of the year staying in with the A/C running. I sure envy your garden views, all I'd need is a book and tea to be a very happy person there!

sorry I'm so late in posting on this.
hugs, Karen

o

Beautiful, both during the day and at night.

o

Wow! What a tradition of celebrating the 4th! Your photos are awesome & I can almost see the fireworks! Beautiful gardens, beautiful ideas & all the work you do @ gr'ma's place! Love all the lighting & definitely the RW&B American flags! TFS! Jeanne S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here