Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seasonaldecorating__

My 4th of July

Hi everyone! It has been a while since my last post. I have been keeping busy with classes, having company over and visiting family. This fourth of July was truly a blast! We really had lots of fun. Here are a few pics of this year's fourth of July Celebration.

We had lots of campfires, almost every night for a week and a half!

We grilled kabobs with marinated steak and peppers (I put the "Traditions" watermark on some pics because i used them on my fb page)

disposable tableware :)

Decorated the garden with lots of flags. My brother and I built this garden at our grandma's house and every year we visit in the spring to rake leaves, pull weeds, and plant flowers :)

We also have a tradition of burning hundreds of tea lights around the garden. This year we had 300. I used to collect miniature kerosene lamps, and we used to have campfires all the time. One night i thought it would be fun to light the mini lamps and set on the posts while we had campfires and that turned into the tea light tradition :)

Here is the view of the garden from the island in the middle of the pond that our garden is built by.

This year we put up a pool on the island part of the garden underneath the pergola

More tea lights :)

Here is the garden during the day

We had dinner in the canopy many nights :)

more flags

We also set up a movie screen and a projector and home theater speakers outside to project movies and also the annual 4th of july slide show that i make using pictures of family from the past year.

This was such a fun 4th of July :)

Comments (8)

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Looks like you had a blast! Such a lovely setting. You and your family put a lot of work into your party and it certainly shows!

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Wow, can I be your gramma too? Everything is beautiful and sounds like alot of fun! The photos with all the lights and flags are stunning. So many wonderful flower beds, pool, home theater, fire pit and 300 tea lights! I'm surprised you have enough energy left to celebrate.LOL

Great shot of the kabobs on the grill. Makes my mouth water just looking at the picture. I hope you used alot of disposable tableware so you had time to enjoy visiting with everyone.

Thanks for sharing.

Punk

• SeasonalDecorating__
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks! We have had this tradition for 7 years :)

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

what a wonderful spot!! I really loved the night time pictures.
    You can plan on me being there next year.
    Nana

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

Beautiful gardens! Looks like a lovely spot for a family party. What fun to be outside and watch the family videos and movies.

It must take a long time to light all of those tealights!!

Congratulations on creating a wonderful tradition that will make many happy memories!

TFS,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

WOW. Not only a great 4th celebration, with everything looking so festive (and yummy!!)....but your gardens are just beautiful. I'd be out there ALL the time!!! You have soooo much to look at and enjoy. I'm happiest when I'm outside, and unfortunately living in Phx means a great part of the year staying in with the A/C running. I sure envy your garden views, all I'd need is a book and tea to be a very happy person there!

sorry I'm so late in posting on this.
    hugs, Karen

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

Beautiful, both during the day and at night.

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Wow! What a tradition of celebrating the 4th! Your photos are awesome & I can almost see the fireworks! Beautiful gardens, beautiful ideas & all the work you do @ gr'ma's place! Love all the lighting & definitely the RW&B American flags! TFS! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
More Discussions