Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bonnieann925

Dinner party table

bonnieann925
13 years ago

It's that time again, we're hosting our wine/gourmet group of 10. We're growing as our "children" want to join us. So our youngest DD, who's 22 will be here and a friend's daugter and her two young children will also be joining us. I just came in from the rain showers with my fresh picked flowers for the centerpiece, which will come off as soon as the food is on the table! It's so hot and muggy here. I made a fresh blueberry pie.yum!

Nothing says July like blueberry pie:

Comments (11)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

How pretty! And yummy ;o). What time should I be there?

hugs, Karen

• creekdweller
    13 years ago

Beautiful table Bonnie. That pie looks good enough to eat..Can you share your recipe. We have a few blueberries too. If we can get a head of the birds

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Pretty table Bonnie..
    The soft blues are so cool and summery looking and your flowers add a lovely touch of color.
    I'm sure your pie will be a hit. It looks so yummy.
    Have fun.

jane

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Wow, that's a big dinner table...looks so lovely & summery...your blue china is beautiful as is the white runner with your bouquet of fresh flowers...washed by the rain! Great lookin' pie...wish I had inherited that skill from my gr'ma! Looks a table where they'll be lots of laughter & fun conversations! TFS! Jeanne S.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I love blue dinnerware and tablecloths and yours are lovely. There is something so serene about blue. It looks like you have a good selection of beautiful flowers on hand. And I could eat that whole pie by myself, isn't that a terrible thought. I know ya'll had a blast.
    Frou

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Wowza, I'm jealous!! I can make a pretty pie that even tastes good, but that table is beautiful!!! I love the matelasse' runner! I have looked everywhere for one with NO success!!
    Thanks for showing us your pretty blue and white dishes.
    J

• bonnieann925
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks ALL so much! Jaybird, I'll keep my eye out for another runner like that for you, ok? Creekdweller, the pie crust is from the original Betty Crocker Cookbook. It's never failed me, although making the pastry on a hot, humid day was a challenge!

We had so much fun. I thought it would be a nice change to actually see people around the table! Here's the gang, missing on our our DD's who surprised us later in the meal on her way home from New York.

I was still cleaning up/putting things away today. We had weekend guests, who left today.

The hunky guy at the head of the table is my DH!!! He's a great host.

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

It looks wonderful Bonnie! Is that local corn? Ours is just starting to be harvested.
    Looks like everyone is enjoying themselves.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Lovely tablescape and it certainly looks like everyone enjoyed the meal and being together--doesn't get any better than that! ;o)

Luvs

• bonnieann925
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Kathleen and Luvs. Yes, the corn is local from Concord, MA and is was sooooo good!

• milosmom_gw
    13 years ago

Beautiful!
    I love the combinations of the blues and white. I'm going to pretend I didn't see the yummy looking pie though since I'm on a major cut back diet. *sigh...lol*
    A happy looking group you had as well. It looks like they really enjoyed theselves and that makes it all worthwhile.

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions