Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

table challenge

nana2010_gw
10 years ago

My two new DGDs challenged me to do tables that they chose the theme for ~~ here goes.
Katie's table
yin and yang

From 2013-07-16 (by Eye-Fi)

With the help of the computer the symbols were easy to find.

Hannah's Table
Use Duct tape

There was no way I was going to try to make everything out of duct tape. The border on the place mats is duct tape., the flowers in the vase and the napkin rings are duct tape.

Well girls How did I do ?
Thanks for lookin everyone
Nana

Comments (8)

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Wow nana...you did GREAT!
    How cute that your DGdtrs..challenged you and with such unique themes too!
    Love the Yin & Yang setting and how you used the symbols for the placesettings.. I like the simple yet elegant look to everything with the b&w and the pop of color with the flowers...very nice >>> Two Thumbs Up!!
    Your Duct Tape Table is really Unique and very colorful. I didn't know you had 'hidden duct tape flower making talents' !! LOL I think they came out fabulous! You have to share how you made them. This table also gets a 'Two Thumbs Up'...each one is so different and done beautifully - with lots of thought...How did the girls like them?
    jane

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

LOL @ duct tape t'scape idea! wow, I wouldn't know anything was duct-taped there! Very cool & colorful!

the yin & yang is gorgeous ...the linens esp & the square bamboo or jute square placemats. Your DGD's are keeping you hoppin'! TFS, nana! Jeanne s.

• party_music50
    10 years ago

Great job! especially with the duct tape table!!! OMG... who knew it came in such a variety of colors? They don't sell much beyond the standard silver here. :p

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

What fun that they challenged you!!

You certainly rose to the occasion!

I'm giving you a 10 out of 10!!

I hope they appreciated your efforts and were suitably impressed by your talents!

TFS,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Sorry I'm late to the table party....but WOW. You rocked both those challenges! I'm pretty much speechless over what you did with duct tape! I didn't know you were a magician as well as a decorator! That was just incredible!!

I find it so wonderful your little DGD's got so involved in your tablesetting fun, and came up with such creative ideas to challenge you. What special girls you have! And what a special grandma you are!

You sure made me smile with this post and the pictures.
    It all just shouts "HAPPY".

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you so much everyone.
    Jane, I Googled how to make the flowers.
    The girls liked their tables.
    Jeanne, I'm glad you liked the Yin and Yang table. It was one of the easiest ones I've done.
    Party, I got the duct tape at AC Moore. Michael's and other craft supply stores carry it too. It comes in many colors and patterns.
    Thanks for the 10, Candy. I hope the girls don't have any more challenges for me!!!! Thanks, Karen. glad to see you posting again!
    Nana

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Nana, Looks like you passed with flying colors on both of these tables. I have one of my sisters necklaces from high school that has your yin and yang symbol on it!LOL Not sure why I ended up with it but perhaps I should give it back to her after all these years.

I didn't realize duct tape came in such a variety of colors. Your flowers and place mats are wonderful creations, talented lady! So happy to see your still entertaining us here.

We will be moving to our new location this weekend. After all that is done maybe life will slow down and I'll find time to come and join in more. Right now I've been working at both locations and it's a crazy life I lead. Nothing could of prepared me for what would take place after selling one of our businesses. And to think we've started a new one also. I must be a slow learner.Geez!!!

I so miss ts and decorating here at home. Just no time in my life for that right now. I have DGD and son's little yorkie so best get in the shower and get ready for another day in Paradise!HA I keep thinking it's retirement time in the near future so that's what I'm working the hardest on.Sigh! Miss all of you and sending lots of prayers daily to our Dear Jeanne!!!!!

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Punk.
    I'm so glad you were able join us!
    Good luck with the move to your new location.
    Come back soon
    Nana

Sponsored
More Discussions