Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Retro Kitchen Table

Posted by excessfroufrou (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 8, 10 at 15:22

I finally got around to setting a table with my dishes I bought in February while on vacation. I think they are were made in the sixties, so I paired them with some of my spacy casserole dishes. I thought these vintage placemats were kind of fun too. They were .50 at the TS, I love the advertising on the package.
Frou
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Retro Kitchen Table

Oh frou, PERFECTION! You can pull this off so beautifully! Love the dishes, love the placemats, love the casserole accessories! Pretty vase of flowers & pink relish dishes & sugar & creamer! Your table was MADE for this t'scape! And you painted the table tiles, right? This is just so-o-o-o DARN CUTE! TFS! Jeanne S.
And the advertising for Mother (daughter) is a hoot! I think I told you that I've seen these dishes before...think my MIL had them long ago!

o

I 'second' what Jeanne said. She keeps taking my words before I get to use them, LOL.

As much as I've seen your painted tiles, I still am in awe of all the work you did and how no one can tell they are paint and not real tiles! A Frou Original...love it!

hugs, Karen

o

That is way to CUTE!!! I love the table setting, but that advertising takes the cake!!
Thanks so much for sharing!
J

o
Arggghhhhh

that would be TOO cute!!!! My fingers go faster than my brain!!

o

Oh wow...that IS a 'Retro Table' with those colors and the wonderful serving pieces! You put this together perfectly.
I feel like I'm back in my DM's kitchen...and the advertising on the place mats, is a real trip down memory lane for sure...lol
Very nice.

jane

o

Oh My! That is sooo pretty and also a walk down memory lane for me. I absolutely love your kitchen!

o

I agree with all of the above and both Jeanne and Karen are much better with words than I am! This is just the perfect setting for your pretty kitchen. I really like those pretty glasses too. Great job, so glad you shared with us. Luvs

o

I can't believe how perfectly the new dishes fit with all your other things. Boy! What a trip back into the past. The glasses are amazing. Did you get them when you found the dishes?

o

Frou, I emailed you the other day tho not sure if you got it.

Luvs, Jeanne is always using the words in my head before I get to them, LOL. She does it to me on GJ Forum too. I sweetly ;o) suggested she just start signing her posts as
"Jeanne and Karen"!

hugs,Karen

o

LOL! You're too funny, Purplemoon! Stealing the words right out of your mouth! Tee Hee! Jeanne & Karen

o

Ya'll are too sweet, thanks. I wish everyone one of you could come for coffee at my kitchen table, what fun would that be. Karen, I answered your email today, we've been camping in the boonies again and just got home.
Frou

o

Frou~

Your table is just beautiful! LOVE the colors and the dishes and your casserole dishes...they are awesome! Looks so inviting!

o

That is really special! I really like the soft pastels and how they all match the table tiles. Have never seen those disposable placemats, but what a great idea! It looks like a FUN table!

o

That is adorable! The dishes are perfect with it!

o

I didn't know that you'd painted the tiles on your table, Frou . . . nice! I remember those dishes from my youth, although I can't recall who had them. They do bring back a lot of memories, though. Love your wonderful casserole dishes! What a great tablescape!!!
Lynn

o

I know, lynn, like you I can't believe she "painted" those tiles either...too perfect! I think they must be "stick-ons!" Frou, frou...LOL...are you fooling us! Just kiddin'! They are so RETRO beautiful!
Love 'em! Jeanne S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here