Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

Retro Kitchen Table

excessfroufrou
13 years ago

I finally got around to setting a table with my dishes I bought in February while on vacation. I think they are were made in the sixties, so I paired them with some of my spacy casserole dishes. I thought these vintage placemats were kind of fun too. They were .50 at the TS, I love the advertising on the package.

Frou

Comments (16)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh frou, PERFECTION! You can pull this off so beautifully! Love the dishes, love the placemats, love the casserole accessories! Pretty vase of flowers & pink relish dishes & sugar & creamer! Your table was MADE for this t'scape! And you painted the table tiles, right? This is just so-o-o-o DARN CUTE! TFS! Jeanne S.
    And the advertising for Mother (daughter) is a hoot! I think I told you that I've seen these dishes before...think my MIL had them long ago!

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I 'second' what Jeanne said. She keeps taking my words before I get to use them, LOL.

As much as I've seen your painted tiles, I still am in awe of all the work you did and how no one can tell they are paint and not real tiles! A Frou Original...love it!

hugs, Karen

• jaybird
    13 years ago

That is way to CUTE!!! I love the table setting, but that advertising takes the cake!!
    Thanks so much for sharing!
    J

• jaybird
    13 years ago

that would be TOO cute!!!! My fingers go faster than my brain!!

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Oh wow...that IS a 'Retro Table' with those colors and the wonderful serving pieces! You put this together perfectly.
    I feel like I'm back in my DM's kitchen...and the advertising on the place mats, is a real trip down memory lane for sure...lol
    Very nice.

jane

• luckygal
    13 years ago

Oh My! That is sooo pretty and also a walk down memory lane for me. I absolutely love your kitchen!

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I agree with all of the above and both Jeanne and Karen are much better with words than I am! This is just the perfect setting for your pretty kitchen. I really like those pretty glasses too. Great job, so glad you shared with us. Luvs

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

I can't believe how perfectly the new dishes fit with all your other things. Boy! What a trip back into the past. The glasses are amazing. Did you get them when you found the dishes?

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Frou, I emailed you the other day tho not sure if you got it.

Luvs, Jeanne is always using the words in my head before I get to them, LOL. She does it to me on GJ Forum too. I sweetly ;o) suggested she just start signing her posts as
    "Jeanne and Karen"!

hugs,Karen

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

LOL! You're too funny, Purplemoon! Stealing the words right out of your mouth! Tee Hee! Jeanne & Karen

• excessfroufrou
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ya'll are too sweet, thanks. I wish everyone one of you could come for coffee at my kitchen table, what fun would that be. Karen, I answered your email today, we've been camping in the boonies again and just got home.
    Frou

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Frou~

Your table is just beautiful! LOVE the colors and the dishes and your casserole dishes...they are awesome! Looks so inviting!

• bonnieann925
    13 years ago

That is really special! I really like the soft pastels and how they all match the table tiles. Have never seen those disposable placemats, but what a great idea! It looks like a FUN table!

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

That is adorable! The dishes are perfect with it!

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

I didn't know that you'd painted the tiles on your table, Frou . . . nice! I remember those dishes from my youth, although I can't recall who had them. They do bring back a lot of memories, though. Love your wonderful casserole dishes! What a great tablescape!!!
    Lynn

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

I know, lynn, like you I can't believe she "painted" those tiles either...too perfect! I think they must be "stick-ons!" Frou, frou...LOL...are you fooling us! Just kiddin'! They are so RETRO beautiful!
    Love 'em! Jeanne S.