Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yee Haw..It's Rodeo Time!!

Posted by christmascandy (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 25, 12 at 15:10

July is when a lot of rodeos happen around here, including Cheyenne Frontier Days, The Daddy of them all! (Even though it is in WY, it's not that far away.)

I found this set of dishes at the TS and then last week I found the boot glassware at the Sal. Arm. and decided it was time to create this table.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The linens, dishes, candles, flatware, and glassware are all TS.

The Garman statue is borrowed from DH. The tiny star in front of the cowboy is from Luckenbach, TX.

The chargers were a HL 80% off clearance after the holidays a couple of yrs. ago.

The napkin "rings" are just macrame cord wrapped and tied around the napkins. The sheriff stars are from DT. There were only 2 matching cups so I used them as candle holders for the pillar candles. The cast iron boot was a 2 piece TS find so I separated it and laid the pieces on the bandanna.

The placemats were TS also.

I'm getting ready to reset the table so I thought I'd better get the pix posted before I took it apart. LOL

Happy Trails,
Candy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yee Haw..It's Rodeo Time!!

Well, 'giddy-up, gal!' You're definitely traveling at a fast pace (since you're going to reset this table already!)

You found the perfect dishes for a 'rodeo theme...I love how you tied the napkins w/macrame cord! & those glass boots ... Whoa, that centerpc 'kerchief & cowboy is wonderful! Great flatware, too! Well, so long, partner...I've enjoyed the 'ride!' TFS! Jeanne S.

o

What perfect timing to find "just the right" dishes for the occasion.
I LOVE this table. So cute and creative. You always pair together exactly the right accessories to go with each theme. Job well done!!
p.s. Someday we're going to have to drag you into doing a "where do you store it all?" post. lol
(I did one long ago but it's gotton a bit more stuffed down there since then...lol)

o

I can't believe that you have rodeo/cowboy dishes! You are incredible...and find the coolest stuff! Great table!

o

Candy, I love, love, love your new dishes. I've never seen anything like them and you used my favorite charges with them!WOW Adding the stars to the centers is a cute addition. DH's Garman statue and the star make such a great cp. Great idea to separate the boots and add them.

I also love how you tied the napkins w/macrame cord. What a perfect Rodeo table. I have seen alot of neat cowboy dishes but they are way to expensive around here. I have those same boot cups. Enjoyed this table!

Punk

o

What a neat table! And those dishes are wonderful. I love the soft colors in them. Leave it to you to have rodeo dishes. LOL. I think you secretly live in a huge department store loaded with goodies.

But one thing I noticed about your table....
where are the horses?????? ;o)

hugs, Karen

o

Candy, this is such a fun table!!
I don't think you could find dishes like yours at CTS.
They are wonderful.
The Garman Statue is the perfect centerpiece. Love the placemats they remind me of bales of hay.
Neat idea to use macrame cord for napkin rings.
Any cowboy would be happy to sit a spell at this table, after a hot day of ridin n' ropin.
I'm always amazed at your creativity!

TFS

Nana

o

I love it too Candy. Who would have thought you could find western design plates and then also find the boot glasses that go so perfectly with them. You are an amazing shopper! As always, every detail is just perfect. Luvs

o

candy...I don't know if you were back with us ...when we did some 'Billy the Kid' celebrations/Western themed! Here's my table in 2010:

Western TS Full TableView 2.10

Western TS Centerpc View 2.10

It was so much fun...maybe other Holiday-ers have a pic of their to share from that yr! Jeanne S.

o

Once again, CC, you've put together an interesting collection. What fun and perfect for rodeo days and summer round-ups.

o

Jeanne, Yep, I had to create a b-day table for my Mom's b-day.

MM, I didnt set it until I found the boot glasses. Sometimes I wait to set a table until I find the right accessories.

Marlene, I debated about buying them as I am not a real western type, but they were so cute and 50% off at ARC, so I caved! LOL

Punk, several of us here have identical items. I think it was Karen who said that makes us kindred spirits!

Karen, what horses?? There weren't any horses on the dishes, LOL. Actually, I don't have any horses of any type.

Nana, you reminded me that I did buy some little bales of hay at a TS. HMMM, wonder where I put them?

Luvs, like I already said, I often wait to set the table until I have accents to go with it, or vice versa. I find the accents and then have to find the dishes, LOL

Jeanne, I don't remember that, but then I forget a lot these days.

F2BH, thanks. Glad to have you join us.

Thanks, everybody.

TTFN,
Candy

o

So jealous. I love a good country theme.

o

Candy ... it was my 1st ever t'scape on the forum here...seems like it was long ago! I attached the link...there were lots of really cool, funny Western tables. so, thanks for the memories ...your table is a 'classic Western!' ;-) Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jeanne's First T'scape ...Billy the Kid

o

Thanks for posting the old link, Jeanne. I remember those tables, and they were among my favorites the gang has ever done! Such a fun theme that time.

Actually we use to do quite a few of those. Need to pull out that list of 'weird' holidays to celebrate again. I even got involved and I don't do dishes. LOL. I had the Kentucky Derby table and a Teddy Bear Picnic one tho.

Candy, NO HORSES? Ok, that should be your "Indian name".
:o) You have everything else to decorate with, can't believe you don't have any horse stuff. And you know how I LOVE horses too, so now I'll be bugging you about it. LOL.

hugs, Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here