Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Yee Haw..It's Rodeo Time!!

christmascandy
11 years ago

July is when a lot of rodeos happen around here, including Cheyenne Frontier Days, The Daddy of them all! (Even though it is in WY, it's not that far away.)

I found this set of dishes at the TS and then last week I found the boot glassware at the Sal. Arm. and decided it was time to create this table.

The linens, dishes, candles, flatware, and glassware are all TS.

The Garman statue is borrowed from DH. The tiny star in front of the cowboy is from Luckenbach, TX.

The chargers were a HL 80% off clearance after the holidays a couple of yrs. ago.

The napkin "rings" are just macrame cord wrapped and tied around the napkins. The sheriff stars are from DT. There were only 2 matching cups so I used them as candle holders for the pillar candles. The cast iron boot was a 2 piece TS find so I separated it and laid the pieces on the bandanna.

The placemats were TS also.

I'm getting ready to reset the table so I thought I'd better get the pix posted before I took it apart. LOL

Happy Trails,

Candy

Comments (13)

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Well, 'giddy-up, gal!' You're definitely traveling at a fast pace (since you're going to reset this table already!)

You found the perfect dishes for a 'rodeo theme...I love how you tied the napkins w/macrame cord! & those glass boots ... Whoa, that centerpc 'kerchief & cowboy is wonderful! Great flatware, too! Well, so long, partner...I've enjoyed the 'ride!' TFS! Jeanne S.

• milosmom_gw
    11 years ago

What perfect timing to find "just the right" dishes for the occasion.
    I LOVE this table. So cute and creative. You always pair together exactly the right accessories to go with each theme. Job well done!!
    p.s. Someday we're going to have to drag you into doing a "where do you store it all?" post. lol
    (I did one long ago but it's gotton a bit more stuffed down there since then...lol)

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

I can't believe that you have rodeo/cowboy dishes! You are incredible...and find the coolest stuff! Great table!

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Candy, I love, love, love your new dishes. I've never seen anything like them and you used my favorite charges with them!WOW Adding the stars to the centers is a cute addition. DH's Garman statue and the star make such a great cp. Great idea to separate the boots and add them.

I also love how you tied the napkins w/macrame cord. What a perfect Rodeo table. I have seen alot of neat cowboy dishes but they are way to expensive around here. I have those same boot cups. Enjoyed this table!

Punk

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

What a neat table! And those dishes are wonderful. I love the soft colors in them. Leave it to you to have rodeo dishes. LOL. I think you secretly live in a huge department store loaded with goodies.

But one thing I noticed about your table....
    where are the horses?????? ;o)

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Candy, this is such a fun table!!
    I don't think you could find dishes like yours at CTS.
    They are wonderful.
    The Garman Statue is the perfect centerpiece. Love the placemats they remind me of bales of hay.
    Neat idea to use macrame cord for napkin rings.
    Any cowboy would be happy to sit a spell at this table, after a hot day of ridin n' ropin.
    I'm always amazed at your creativity!

TFS

Nana

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

I love it too Candy. Who would have thought you could find western design plates and then also find the boot glasses that go so perfectly with them. You are an amazing shopper! As always, every detail is just perfect. Luvs

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

candy...I don't know if you were back with us ...when we did some 'Billy the Kid' celebrations/Western themed! Here's my table in 2010:

It was so much fun...maybe other Holiday-ers have a pic of their to share from that yr! Jeanne S.

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

Once again, CC, you've put together an interesting collection. What fun and perfect for rodeo days and summer round-ups.

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jeanne, Yep, I had to create a b-day table for my Mom's b-day.

MM, I didnt set it until I found the boot glasses. Sometimes I wait to set a table until I find the right accessories.

Marlene, I debated about buying them as I am not a real western type, but they were so cute and 50% off at ARC, so I caved! LOL

Punk, several of us here have identical items. I think it was Karen who said that makes us kindred spirits!

Karen, what horses?? There weren't any horses on the dishes, LOL. Actually, I don't have any horses of any type.

Nana, you reminded me that I did buy some little bales of hay at a TS. HMMM, wonder where I put them?

Luvs, like I already said, I often wait to set the table until I have accents to go with it, or vice versa. I find the accents and then have to find the dishes, LOL

Jeanne, I don't remember that, but then I forget a lot these days.

F2BH, thanks. Glad to have you join us.

Thanks, everybody.

TTFN,
    Candy

• msdos
    11 years ago

So jealous. I love a good country theme.

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Candy ... it was my 1st ever t'scape on the forum here...seems like it was long ago! I attached the link...there were lots of really cool, funny Western tables. so, thanks for the memories ...your table is a 'classic Western!' ;-) Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jeanne's First T'scape ...Billy the Kid

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Thanks for posting the old link, Jeanne. I remember those tables, and they were among my favorites the gang has ever done! Such a fun theme that time.

Actually we use to do quite a few of those. Need to pull out that list of 'weird' holidays to celebrate again. I even got involved and I don't do dishes. LOL. I had the Kentucky Derby table and a Teddy Bear Picnic one tho.

Candy, NO HORSES? Ok, that should be your "Indian name".
    :o) You have everything else to decorate with, can't believe you don't have any horse stuff. And you know how I LOVE horses too, so now I'll be bugging you about it. LOL.

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County
More Discussions