Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximavswife

Thrifty 4th of July table

maximavswife
12 years ago

I hope all of my friends here had a fun and safe holiday! DH & I kept it pretty low key this year as we were pretty beat from having the floors done. I do thank you all for your sweet comments. I am so very happy we bit the bullet and got the floors done!

So now on to....Whoohoo! My first tablescape in my new dining room LOL! This is a very thrifty table. We are leaving the table fully extended for now to be sure the leaf remains the same color of the rest of the table so, that required having to go purchase a new bigger tablecloth. $9.99 for a 60x102 tablecloth WITH a 20% off coupon at BB&B :). The place mats were given to me by one of DH's buddies when he was cleaning out his house. Red chargers I had (don't we all?) Plates were purchased on clearance at Target last year. The little hats were purchased at Party City for .50/ each. Napkins were a gift and I taped on some ribbon from DT for more interest. Flatware is from Family Dollar. $3.50 for a 3 piece set for 4. I bought a set in red, white and blue. Blue goblets are from DT and water glasses are from WM at .77/ each. The runner is cut from a banner I purchased several years ago on clearance. Red candle sticks were purchased on clearance from World Market with a gift card. For the centerpiece I spray painted a couple of Ragu spaghetti jars blue and added twine and felt stars that I had in my craft stuff. I also spray painted a TS clear vase Heirloom White. Flowers are all from DT. The America's were finds from HL last year on clearance.

I had so much fun putting this together! I was able to walk freely around the table and see how it looked from all angles, something I could not do before. The fun part was getting up for work this morning and seeing the table still set up! I didn't have to immediately tear it down, I get to enjoy it for as long as I wish :)

Kath

Comments (11)

• maximavswife
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh and I almost forgot the most important piece that was set on the table later! Homemade all American rhubarb pie!

Kath

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Perfect 4th of July table in your wonderful new room!!!
    I think we all love thrifty tables here at Enablers-R -Us.
    TFS Kath
    Your pie is mouthwatering Yum
    NanaK

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

'Thrifty' at it's best, maxi! Wow! You certainly have the stars & stripes & even the flatware is RW&B! How fun is this! And so cool that you could leave the table up & enjoy it again before work!

Those Ragu jar make-overs are just darling! Plus spray-painting a clear vase w/that Heirloom white...looks great! And that bargain $$$ t'cloth you'll be able to use for many t'scapes! Great buy! Very festive table! (Party) Hats off to you! Jeanne S.
    ...& did you have to show that mouth-watering pic of your pie! LOL!

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

What a way to start your new dining room decorating!! Looks beautiful!! And if this is your thrifty decorating, then I can't wait to see what happens when you go all out! Love it!

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

I love everything you did on this table, Kath. Spray painting those jars and tying on the stars is great. I really love your red candle holders and both of the America signs. And how cool that you mixed the red/white/blue silverware--perfect. Everything just looks very festive and I'm so glad you can enjoy your creation for longer than one meal! Luvs

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

What a great first table in your new DR.
    I especially like the star plates with the little hats.

Did you save me a piece of that yummy pie? It looks even more amazing than the table if that is possible. All it needs is a scoop of homemade ice cream, LOL

Super Duper!

TFS,
    Candy

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

What a great way to kick of your new room, with a such a fabulous table for the 4th!
    Love- love everything about this table. Your plates and how you layered them and all the cute accessories - like little hats and the trim on the napkins..also your CP with the flags - flowers and your America Signs..look so nice. Clever idea painting those jars..have to make a mental note to remember that.
    You did such a fabulous job on your pie and it looks so delicuous...any leftovers?
    jane

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Loved your table & all the thrifty ideas you used. I still have my few decorations up! Glad you got your floors done. Jan

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Kathy, your table is wonderful. And how exciting to do your first tablescape in your new diningroom! That called for a festive setting and you sure delivered one! Not to mention that's some incredibly thrifty decor! Ragu jars never looked so good...and then there's that pretty, yummy looking pie!

hugs, Karen

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

Hey! That new room sure sets off your tablescape talents. It looks wonderful. You know, you've painted yourself into a corner. Your family and friends are going to expect all sorts of festive looks from now on.

Did you use special paint for the Ragu jars? They turned out great!

That pie makes my mouth water.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Max, your ts looks great. We used some of the same dishes!LOL So happy you can move around your table and enjoy it now.
    Pie looks yummy and perfect for the Holiday celebration.

Punk