Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Summer Porch Pics

jeannespines
10 years ago

Well, I didn't get any 'July 4th' decor done but I did get some summer changed out on the porch earlier ... my fave old door cabinet (saved from my sis' old farmhouse when it was torn down many yrs ago & my DH built this cabinet for me).

I display my Heisey Lariat elegant glassware here ... & garden whimsies I've gathered over the yrs. Hope you enjoy. Jeanne S.

Comments (16)

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

A closer view of one of the shelves ~~ the pink depression is from my Gr'ma's estate.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

One more shelf ... a fave 'reading Angel' ... sometimes I sit her on top of this cabinet ...you can see a few Lariat pcs in this pic.

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

I just love that cabinet and every time you decorate it, the results are spectacular!!

This just looks so peaceful and soothing. The painted glass platter (cake plate?) is absolutely gorgeous.

As always, it is done to perfection. You have a real knack for showcasing your items and great taste in the selection for the groups.

TFS,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

...and on the wall hanging shelf nearby (that DH made me several yrs ago) I've added my Ivy collection of vases ...

TFlookin', Holiday-ers! ;-) Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

DITTO what Candy said. Everything looks wonderful, and I love that cabinet.

You are continually amazing, my dear friend. I just read your Caring Bridge and posted it was updated....then I find you've decorated and shared with us! ;o)

love and hugs,
    Karen

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, candy & PM ... well, I decorated this about Father's Day so I haven't been up to par on 'inside decor' for awhile! I do love the old door cabinet, too ... it's fun to change out for the 'seasons' anyway. Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Well Jeanne, at least you decorated this YEAR....that's better than I've done so far. ;o)

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Jeanne, your door cabinet is decorated beautifully. I love the reading Angel too.
    The ivy vases on the hanging shelf look great. I think they look so summery.
    I just read your update too. I'm so sorry you have to travel this difficult path.
    It must be a relief, tho, to be able to come home and sleep in your own bed.
    You and your family are in my prayers.
    Nana

• swest2_gw
    10 years ago

I love the soothing colors and placement of the displayed items. Very pretty.

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

Your "door" cabinet is one of my favorites! LOVE it! And I really LOVE the plate with the roses painted on it....the whole display is just beautiful!

• party_music50
    10 years ago

wow, Jeanne, this door cabinet is one of your DH's creations that I haven't seen before and it's absolutely AWESOME!!! The garden fairies are fabulous and I love your depression glass and ivy collection. I even love the painted glass platter and I seldom get excited about anything painted with a rose pattern. lol!

I keep trying to decorate but I just can't seem to find the time and the summer is ripping by. :p I do at least always keep a fresh bouquet of cut flowers on the table and that makes me happy. :)

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Jeanne...just like everyone else here...I LOVE this cabinet..and I agree that you always do such a beautiful job decorating it. That little reading angel is precious.. and sets off the peaceful setting.
    Your Ivy pieces look very pretty on the hanging shelf..
    I know I'd be spending lots of time on that Summer Porch curled up with favorite books...Love it all.
    Been keeping tabs on you on your Caring Bridge... Keeping you and your family in my prayers.
    jane

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, Holiday-rs ... it's a bit too hot & humid right now to be out on the porch much ...but I do take my cereal out there in the morn & look out the windows, when I can. That door is one of my faves, too! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    10 years ago

Agree that your cabinet is extra special and such a good place to showcase your pretty collections.

I see your jade plant (or some call them rubber plants). I remember that my Mom used to baby her's through the winter months. Then I moved out here and found that they grew like small trees and the trunks get really big!

Did you happen to see my comment about my pretty white holyhocks this year? I think of you each time I look at them.

Hugs,
    Kay

• SeasonalDecorating__
    10 years ago

Great pics, that green pitcher is cool! :)

-SD

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Jeanne, love that cabinet. You always do a wonderful job decorating it. Hope your taking care of yourself. Sending more hugs and prayers your way gf.

Punk

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz
More Discussions