Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

white and tiffany blue

nana2010_gw
10 years ago

I'm always looking for ideas for tables. So when I saw Cuisine Kathleen's 'Let there be White Challenge' I decided to do my version to share with my friends here.
The challenge is to use white china and one accent color.

From 2013-07-25 (by Eye-Fi)

The frosted pitcher and tumblers I found at a co-op store in my town were the inspiration for the table. I have always loved this color. I got the placemats at CTS several years ago. They match perfectly.

TFLookin
Nana

Comments (15)

• SeasonalDecorating__
    10 years ago

love the light blue and the symmetry is great!

-SD

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

Nana, what a lovely table!
    Your accent color choice is just the right touch and all the pieces match so well, including the butterfly in the arrangement.
    The placemats give the appearance of large flowers and are very unique.
    I'd have breakfast at your Tiffany table any day!!

TFS,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Just beautiful. I agree with the others on your choice of accent color. Perfect! I always enjoy seeing all your different tables, you certainly have a knack for creating them.
    hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

Really like this table setting...so calm and inviting. Love your pitcher and glasses and the placemats are perfect! Great job!

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments
    Thank you SD.
    Candy, I would love it if you had breakfast at my table.
    Do you take coffee or tea?
    Karen, I really enjoy creating these tables...but it is getting lonely here.
    Thank you Marlene. I'm glad you like it.
    I just finished browsing Kathleen's 'Let There be White' challenge.
    Oh my gosh so many talented and creative people and so many wonderful tables!
    Nana

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Kathleen always has such great ideas for tables ...so I'm glad you're following her, nana ...since all of us seems to have pooh-poo'd on t'scapes this summer! But I sure enjoy coming over & seeing your posts!

My fave on this table is that frosted pitcher you found ...perfect!!! & those textured candlesticks are great w/the whites! A lovely table... TFS! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Jeanne.
    I hope you are doing well with your treatments.
    thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.
    Nana

• sunnyca_gw
    10 years ago

I love that color, cool & ocean fresh, just need the window open & gentle breeze blowing in to cool the room & enjoy a romantic evening. Too bad Clark Gable isn't around!! One of the most romantic tables I've seen! Cary Grant or Glenn Ford would be good company too!! OK I've flipped out, I don't have cable because I think TV is mostly waste of time so what happened, Ch 13 got 13.2 &13.3 free so now there are great movies all the time especially on 13.3. I had to buy a small digital TV when they changed off analog so I didn't need a "box" to run up electric bill & so with digital you just redo the channels & up they come. Those old movies had romantic tables, yours would have fit right in. Jan

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks sunny. I love your description. Those handsome guys really were romantic leading men. My Dad and Glen Ford looked a lot alike except my Dad was BETTER looking!!
    Nana

• oldalgebra
    10 years ago

Mooooon River, wider than a mile. We're off to . . . .

Oh, sorry. I got carried away.

Those placemats are pretty cool. You did a wonderful job with the "white and accent color" theme. The Tiffany Blue makes the table look sort of beach-y too. Great summer table.

Nice find on that pitcher.

No tea for me - just coffee. And I take it black. Say hello to Clark and Cary, should they drop by.

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Thanks, nana ...
    too funny, OA ... I always thought my Dad looked a little like Clark Gable ~~ ;-)

Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    10 years ago

Guess I started something! Always nice to think about our dads!! Mine might have looked a little like Tyrone Powers, don't think anyone mentioned who he looked like but all my girlfriends loved to spend the night at our house. At 1st I thought the attraction was the lake, our boat (sm with engine that got fixed with my bobbypins.) Nope my dad was the attraction, all the girls wanted to be around him! Of course he had his own plane, could dance on ice or roller skates & had won contests all over MN &S.Dak. He had woman partner in earlier days(that's how he met mom) ,also could sit on handlebars & peddle a bike backwards,(did that until he was about 85, neighbor kids loved it out here while I was about having a heart attack!!) My aunt was same way, they always cleared the rinks when she showed up just like they did with dad so they could put on a show. I liked him with a mustache, wasn't too big but sure was nice on him. Jan

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks again everyone.
    OA, if any of those handsome guys show up I'll invite them to stay until you all get here to meet them.
    Jan, I would have loved to see your Dad perform.
    Nana

• nonacook
    10 years ago

Nice!
    I like turquoise...

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Nana, just beautiful! So glad you are having so
    much fun with all your ts. Makes my day to come
    and see a new one. I need to go check out
    Kathleens blog. Thanks!

I picked up a ruffled bowl that would go great with