Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Sweet corn

nana2010_gw
11 years ago

I started this table this table last week.

And I liked how it was starting to shape up.

However, Saturday morning I went to my favorite TS and found this new table cloth for $3.00.

From 2012-07-14 (by Eye-Fi)

Don't the colors scream 1970's? I knew when saw it that I had to use it on this table.

The corn holder dishes, S&Ps and glasses are TS purchases. Daises are courtesy of my neighbor's garden.

The corn is from the grocery store. Local corn won't be ready for several more weeks.

Mr. Squirrel is a visitor. I'm not sure where he came from. LOL

I'm experiencing a lot of vertigo from my allergies so I didn't try any Candy shots this time.

TFLookin

Nana

Comments (10)

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Oh nana.,..what a find ...I'm glad that t'cloth called out to you! How perfect for this t'scape! Love it!

Hey, Mr. Squirrel...go back to your tree...you need a Racoon on your table, nana! They're just horrible lil' critters that LOVE sweet corn!!! LOL!

Each colorful place setting is some 'summery' cheerful! & the corn plates & S&P are so cute! We have corn here now ...with drought conditions it probably won't be around much for the later corn ...but early good is real good!

Daisies always made me smile! Sweet! TFS! Jeanne S.

• milosmom_gw
    11 years ago

Wonderful table Nana. Love the vibrant colors and how nice that the tc just jumped right out there when you really needed it.
    The little salt/peppers are to cute and add just the right touch.
    The little squirrel waiting to steal a snack is a cute addition (but then again, I have a weak spot for the little critters...lol)
    Nice Job!!

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

$3.00?? Are you kidding me?? The old tablecloths sell for a fortune around here. LOVE the table....very summery and inviting....I want me some fresh corn on the cob!

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Nana, your table would have been pretty even without the tablecloth--but what a wonderful find to set them off! A nice tablecloth like that for only $3.00 is a fantastic find, you lucky lady! Love that you thought to go with fresh sweet corn for a table theme, and the addition of that little squirrel is pure genius! Too cute!

Luvs

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Nana, I'm a 70's kind of girl and oh do I remember
    these colors. Love it!!! So glad you found this
    tc to go with. I never seem to find any for $3
    around here unless they are stained.LOL Love the
    orange butter dish, glasses and bowls. Both s & P's
    and corn dishes are SWEET!

Your squirrel is so cute sitting by the fresh corn.
    Corn is .89 each so haven't bought any yet this year.
    We don't have any squirrels here but the raccoons
    seem to love it when our corn is ready. Took me a
    couple of years to figure out what was enjoying ours
    during the night.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful ts.

Punk

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

This is so pretty Nana...love all the beautiful colors
    and all the wonderful pieces..bowls/plates/ and adorable
    S&Ps and Corn plates!
    I agree glad that tablecloth (unbelievable price)
    reached out to you! Perfect for this setting..
    Cute touch with the little squirrel!
    With the pretty Daisy CP...this table sure gives you a feeling of Summer! Love it!
    jane

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Nana, went and dug out my corn holders and had to share. These match your tc perfectly but not as pretty as yours. Could you send your tc and dishes so I can set a table.LOL

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone, I'm so glad you liked this table and the table cloth.
    I didn't look closely at the label on the tc when I bought it.
    but when I checked it out I saw that it sold for $3.00 new.

https://picasaweb.google.com/117233507832551615616/20120717ByEyeFi?authkey=Gv1sRgCNWBk7fE8pqtBw

oops I don't know why the photo didn't show up.
    Jeanne, I don't need any racoons. We have enough trouble with rabbits, chipmunks and woodchucks devouring everything they can sink their teeth into.
    MM, I couldn't believe my luck finding this tc I would have paid more for it.
    Marlene and Luv, Yep it was $3.00.
    Thanks Jane, I hope you are doing better and better every day.
    Punk, Some times the 70's don't seem that long ago. It seems those colors are popular again.
    Your corn plates are fun, they remind me of all the Fiesta Ware style dishes that are so popular now.
    The tc and dishes are in the mail. LOL
    Nana

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

This is sooo fun. And yes, it is very 70's as far as the colors.
    It must be sweet corn season as this is a very sweet table, LOL
    The colors are so festive and you reminded me that I made some of those corn dishes in ceramics ages ago. They're hiding around here somewhere!

I agree that the 70's weren't all that long ago as far as I'm concerned.

$3.00 brand new was a lot then, but a bargain now!! Ironic that it was the same price as when it was new.

I don't mind the squirrels and rabbits as long as they are figurines, but the real things are a nuisance!

TFS,
    Candy

• neesie
    11 years ago

Oh that table is so cute! My daughter is marrying a corn farmer next month, his mother collects all kinds of corn dishes and related items. So cute!