Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
An Invitation

Posted by Creekbum (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 6, 14 at 8:34

Several Folks here have come over to Face Book to a Holiday At Home and Christmas Decorating Site I am a member of.

It has been suggested that I invite you all to come and join us with the fun that we are having now!

I AM NOT TRYING, NOR DO I INTEND TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS SITE! I COME HERE EVERY MORNING BEFORE I GO TO FACE BOOK. HOWEVER, IT SEEMS EVERYONE IS BUSY OR IS NOT POSTING NOW FOR WHAT EVER REASON.

I would like to invite you to friend me on Face Book, Aike McAlpin, and I will add you to this group! It is a secret group and you have to be invited in. We decorate of ALL OCCASIONS, and Like here, Go nuts at Christmas! LOL

Like I said, there are several members from here, who are members there, and like me, they have not given up, nor do we intend to give up on this group.

So, If you are interested in being a part of an active group now, please send me a friend request!!

Love To You All

Creek

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: An Invitation

removed double post

This post was edited by nana2010 on Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 6:40

o

thank you

o

i sent my request to add you as a friend

o

HELLO EVERYONE!

WE STILL HAVE ROOM FOR MORE ON THE FACE BOOK GROUP!

NOT TRYING TO TAKE ANYONE AWAY FROM HERE!!

AS YOU CAN SEE FOR YOURSELF, I AM HERE EVERY MORNING!!

I WOULD STILL LIKE TO INVITE ANYONE THAT IS INTERESTED....

PLEASE, WHEN YOU SEND ME A FREIND REQUEST, SEND ME A MESSAGE ALONG WITH THE REQUEST, SO I WILL KNOW WHERE YOU ARE FROM AND WHAT YOUR NAME IS!!

THANKS SO MUCH,

CREEK

o

Hi. I am new to this form. Could you tell me what is it all about? and what things are discussed in the facebook page.

o

I wish to have myself removed as a Facebook friends to stop the emails. Can you do that for me or tell me how to do it?

o

HI ALISON,

THE GROUP IS A CHRISTMAS AND HOLIDAY GROUP!
WE POST PICTURES OF ALL HOLIDAYS, AND AS THIS GROUP, GO NUTS AT CHRISTMAS!!

AS FAR AS DISCUSSIONS, IT IS LIKE A FAMILY! IF YOU HAVE A PRAY REQUEST OR HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, YOU ARE WELCOME TO BRING IT UP!

IT IS A NO SALE GROUP, YOU CAN HOWEVER, IF YOU DO MAKE SOMETHING, YOU CAN POST YOUR PICTURE ONCE AND ASK PEOPLE TO SEND YOU A PM IF THEY ARE INTERESTED IN BUYING..

IT IS AN ALL AGE GROUPS!

IF YOU SEND ME A FREIND REQUEST, PLEASE SEND ME A PM ALONG WITH THE REQUEST AND TELL ME WHERE YOU ARE FROM....

ON THIS GROUP, WE USE SCREEN NAMES, AND ON FB WE USE OUR NAMES. SO, IT IS HARD TO KNOW WHO IS WHO WITHOUT IDENTIFYING YOURSELF..

HOPE TO SEE YOU ON FB, ALISON42....

CREEK

AIKE MCALPIN

o

OLDALGEBRA,

I "THINK" IF YOU GO TO YOUR SETTING AND CHANGE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS, IT WILL STOP!!!

I KNOW THIS WAS HAPPENING TO ME AS WELL. AND MY HUSBAND FIXED IT FOR ME.

IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE GROUP POST IN YOUR NEWS FEED, GO TO THE GROUP PAGE, AND UP AT THE TOP, IT WILL SAY NOTIFICATIONS. CLICK ON IT AND YOU CAN JUST TURN THE NOTIFICATIONS OFF, OR YOU CAN GET JUST NOTIFICATIONS OF JUST YOUR FRIENDS POST!

GOOD LUCK AND IF THIS DOES NOT WORK, LET ME KNOW!!

YOU CAN SEND ME A MESSAGE ON FB AS WELL!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

CREEK

o

What!! I have to change my email address to get you to stop! You're kidding, of course.

o

OLDALGEBRA,

I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU SAYING "TO GET ME" TO STOP!

ARE YOU SPEAKING OF THE CHRISTMAS GROUP?

IF SO, GO TO THE TOP OF THE GROUP PAGE, AND YOU WILL SEE NOTIFICATIONS.....CLICK ON IT AND IT WILL GIVE YOU THE OPTION TO TURN THE NOTIFICATIONS OFF!! SIMPLE AS THAT!! THEN YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE POST FROM THE GROUP ON YOUR NEWS FEED!!!

PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB!! I CAN NELP YOU BETTER THERE!!

THANKS.

CREEK

o

oldagebra, Creekbum is correct. Just go to the top of that page and click on notifications and just ask to stop notifications. You will still be a member of that page, but just not receive notifications each time somebody posts there. It is a fast moving page so I had to do the same. I go there whenever I need my Christmas Decoration fix! But another thing I did is go to settings on my facebook profile and turn off any email notifications from facebook, friends and any pages I am following. Again, it doesn't cancel you from anything - you just don't get the emails when people post.

o

Deleted this message because it was a double post.

This post was edited by blizlady on Mon, Sep 8, 14 at 21:30

o

OLDAGEBRA,

DID YOU GET YOUR FACE BOOK STRAIGHTENED OUT?

I DO HOPE SO!

I JUST OPENED MY OWN GROUP..AIKE'S ATTIC.. IT IS ALL 4 SEASONS OF DECORATING!
DECORATING, RECIPES, CRAFTS, ETC!!
ANYONE INTERESTED WHO IS ON FACE BOOK IS CERTAINLY WELCOME TO MY ATTIC!

LOVE TO YOU ALL!!

SO GLAD TO SEE SOME ACTIVITY HERE! I MISS EVERYONE KNOW THERE HAS BEEN ALOT OF SICKNESS!

LOVE TO YOU ALL!

CREEK

o

Hmmm.
Sometime back, I posted that I had resolved the problem. Sorry to have made everyone repost and repost.

Thanks for the non-notification tips.

OA

o

Would like to be invited. Pink

o

I, too, would like to be invited.
I really need some serious inspiration
to get me started back in crafting!

I did a search on FB for Aike McAlpin,
Not sure which of the results might be you.
Thanks!

Rusty

o

When I search for Aike McAlpin on Facebook all I get is Mike instead of Aike, so have been unable to get on. Would still like to join the Christmas Group, but how?

o

I tried to search for AIKE'S ATTIC on facebook too, and only Mike's Attic came up as a choice. Maybe I'll do a google search and see what happens.

o

HEY EVERYONE

IT IS AIKE AT AIKE'S ATTIC!! WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU ALL JOIN ME..I DID NOT KNOW THERE WAS MORE THAN ONE AIKE MCALPIN... I AM THE ONE WITH THE WHITE CAT AS THE PROFILE PICTURE!! WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ANY OF YOU JOIN US.. YOU CAN NOT FIND IT IN A SEARCH, B/C IT IS SECRET... THAT MEANS, ONLY MEMBERS CAN SEE WHAT YOU POST... I LIKE IT THAT WAY AND FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE IN POSTING MY PERSONAL PICTURES AS WELL... I ALWAYS PUT AT THE TOP..... PERSONAL PICTURE, DO NOT COPY OR SHARE... IF YOU DO NOT CARE IF YOUR PHOTOS ARE SHARED, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO THAT, YOU HAVE THAT OPTION!

FIRST, IT IS A SECRET GROUP, THIS MEANS, ONLY MEMBERS CAN INVITE SOMEONE IN... I DID THAT FOR SECURITY REASONS. I KNOW I POSTED MY CHRISTMAS TREE HERE AND IT ENDED UP ON PINTEREST!! ANY ONE WHO IS A MEMBER ON AIKE'S ATTIC, CAN INVITED THEIR FRIENDS TO JOIN!! IF YOU NEED HELP, SEND ME A P M ON FACE BOOK AND I WILL HELP YOU GET IN!!
WE ARE POSTING ALLL SEASONS AND ARE NOW POSTING FALL, HALLOWEEN AND CHRISTMAS... WE DO CRAFTS, RECIPES, DECORATING IDEAS AND ANYTHING ANY ONE IS INTERESTED IN!! :)

BE GLAD FOR YOU ALL TO JOIN ME IN AIKE'S ATTIC! AGAIN, SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST, AND I WILL INVITE YOU IN.....

LOVE TO YOU ALL!!

CREEK

AIKE MCALPIN

PLEASE SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST AT AIKE MCALPIN, AND I WILL BE GLAD TO INVITE YOU YOU TO MY FAMLY GROUP! WHEN SENDING THE FRIEND REQUEST, LET ME KNOW YOU ARE FROM YOU GARDEN WEB!! THANKS!!

o

We are allowed to post our pictures or those from other sources on Aike's Attic. However we cannot share anything from Aike's Attic with others?
hmmm

o

Nana,

This is Aike, That is not how it works.....

There are 3 kinds of group.

1. An Open Group, where everyone can see it and find it and post and join.

2. A Closed Group, where anyone can see and find the group, but, only members can post in the group!!

3. A secret group, where you have to be invited to the group by a member, and it is not available to the public! I feel this is the safest way to go b/c of all the scammers and viruses.

I would only ask that if anyone has a question, to please ask me... Don't just assume something without proof!

We post recipes, pictures from pinterest, craft ideas and a lot of people do post their personal home decorating.. And all of it is sharable and can be copied!!!

Negativity is not part of my group!! We are a fun loving family group and get along wonderful....

I opened my group 3 wks ago... I have over 400 members...I think that is a great start and I don't need any negativity and rumors going around about not sharing!

Anyone that may be interested, please send me a friend request, and I will gladly invite you in!

I have said before and I will say it again,, This, the Holiday Forum on Garden Web, is the first group I was ever a member of. There are so many wonderful people here, and I have made some life time friends..... All who are members of my group!!

You see I am still coming by here everyday... Still participating!!

Looking forward to the Holiday's and all the Beautiful post that are usually here!!

I send my love and invitation to all who are here and would like to be a part of Aike's Attic, on Face Book!

You can come and see for yourself, some have declined my invitation and just jumped on the negative wagon!! Very Sad...

I invited people from here b/c I think this is the Best of the Best Decorators!!

Hope everyone has a Wonderful Day!!

I Love You All,

Creek

Aike McAlpin

This post was edited by Creekbum on Fri, Oct 17, 14 at 8:16

o

Oh, and By the Way!!

I did ask permission to share pictures to my group from Karen Albums from here!

Does any one have an opinion on the matter?

I would love to share the Beautiful Decorating from this group.. Like I said, I feel you all are the Best of The Best!!

Please let me know!!!

Thanks,

Creek

o

My opinion is decorating pictures are meant to be shared and I don't really understand why anyone wants theirs to be private. However I will respect that wish and not add those pictures to our Photobucket albums or my Pinterest boards. To me, decorating is more fun if you can share it. And if others get inspired by it so much the better. I feel its a compliment when someone likes what I've done well enough to copy and share it on the web.

o

Karen,

You make a good point!! I am new at this group thing, so I need to regroup and not be so edgy and protective!

Thanks for you advice!! I am proud of my decorating, and I learned what I know from this group! So, I owe it all to this group of Great Decorators!!

My apologies to anyone I may have offended, that was not my intention... I have been through a lot in the last 6 yrs. and have isolated myself so, that I have forgotten how to react to people!!

You being the wisest of wisdom, have helped me to see the light!!

Thank You from the bottom of my heart!!

I will be sharing my pictures with pride!!

Anyone who wants to come and post and share are welcome to do so.

I love you all!!

Creek

This post was edited by Creekbum on Fri, Oct 17, 14 at 8:18

o

Creek, you are doing a great job on your FB Group....lots of folks have joined and many wonderful decor photos of all kinds. I'm glad they can be shared as I love saving ideas to my Pinterest Boards. And our Forum inspiration albums.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here