Posted by nana2010 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 1, 13 at 7:24

I hope you are not near the wild fires.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT Karen

Hi Nana...
I thought of Karen too...but then saw
Karen posted on FB that the fires were in a small mountain town NW of Phoenix...
Such a tragedy for those firefighters...
jane

o

thanks Jane. I'm glad Karen is out of harms way
It is so sad, those firefighters were so brave!
My heart goes out to their families.
Nana

o

Thank you for the concern. Even the occasional times wildfires reach the outer edges of the Valley (Phoenix is called the Valley of the Sun), I live pretty much in the middle area of town, so no worries about that thankfully.

But Yarnell... that is a tiny historic town and over half of it is now gone. And the fire is still out of control. Its less than 2 hrs from me, around 600 people live there, but it is literally steeped in history and a scenic place to visit.
There are stone monuments that are incredibly beautiful.
Not poured concrete stuff, real stones hand-built into amazing sculptures. I went there as a child with my Dad, took my in-laws thru there when they visited from FL years ago, and also have been there with friends. Tho I'm sorry to say its been a long time since I did visit Yarnell. The devastation is heartbreaking, and the 19 firemen who died is beyond words. The news has been
terrible today. Young men with families, so many little children now without their dads. I think all of us in AZ are still a bit shocked at the loss of so many so suddenly.

hugs, Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here