Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
milosmom_gw

2 recent tables

milosmom_gw
13 years ago

I didn't have the spare time to set the side cabinet with this one but threw it together for a dinner with the DFHubby for his birthday.

and no... I didn't get to lazy to iron the t.c. , it's supposed to look like that. LOL

I set this one on the first as a "summer whites" table and intended to enjoy it but then a friend of my sons (and brother in law to one of "my boys") was killed in Afghanistan so with all that goes with that and burial being today, I haven't been in the mood. The kitchen/dining has just been a passing zone for the most part.

I'm going to leave it now for awhile as it seems so reflective and simple. Peaceful in a strange kind of way.

The table...

and the sidecabinet...

Comments (7)

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I love that tablecloth in the first pic and the black and green look good together. The second setting is just beautiful and it is very peaceful looking. I really like the mirrors with the white, very elegant. I never find flowers that pretty. I'm so sorry about your recent losses and hope the rest of the summer goes more smoothly for you.
    Frou

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Both tables look really nice. I agree, there is a restful quality to the white one, and it's nice and light for summer. My sympathy for your loss, seems you've had more than your share this year. Thanks for sharing your tables with us. Luvs

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Too much loss for you! Each week, tho it makes me cry, I read the names of the troops who have died in Afghanistan (and Iraq)and say a prayer for them and their loved ones. I so hate this "war" and want them all home. NOW.

Your white settings are extremely peaceful, as well as beautiful. I read of your loss, saw the table, and thought
    'may his soul be carried on the wings of a dove'.
    (any one remember that OLD song? strange how some things pop into my head like this)

By the way....you said "I didn't get too lazy to iron the t.c. , it's supposed to look like that". Now THAT is the kind of tablecloth that I would LOVE to have. LOL.
    I don't do ironing. ;o>

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Both tables are different as day & night ... and both are very pretty in their own way. I love the vase & lilies in the first pic ...and the lovely layout of the dishes & linens.

The 2nd t'scape is very enlightening with all the whites...clean & crisp...enjoyed that one, too.

One of my fav quotes (I keep taped at my keyboard) is "We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails." May your friends & loved ones find a way to "adjust the sails" during the painful moments ahead. Good thoughts to you and yours, MM...& TFS your postings. Jeanne S.

• bonnieann925
    13 years ago

Ohhhh! I LOVE the white table, so rich and elegant. Somehow white is always right. The first one is more formal and is also lovely, either way, you can't go wrong! Nice!

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Lovely tables and I agree both so different in look, from each other..Your first table, with it's rich colors, is very dramatic and elegant.
    I love white tablesettings...they have simplicity and elegance at the same time. Your sideboard also looks lovely with the mixture of crystal, the white and the mirrors which set it off so nicely.

I'm so sorry for your loss. My Prayers and Comforting Thoughts are with you...

jane

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

They are both very lovely, MM. The white is so calming and the black has drama!
    I am so sorry for your loss.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions