Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Mom's B-day Table

christmascandy
11 years ago

My Mom's favorite color is turquoise, so for her B-day I set a table using a lot of this color.

When I first set the table, I hadn't bought the pie yet.

The pie is from one of her fav restaurants called "The Huckleberry House." It is peach-huckleberry. We ate lunch there and brought the pie home to eat at "her"table.

The plates were clearance at HG for $1 ea. The flaware was in a pkg at GdWl for 75c w/discount. It had the ice tea spoons, and shrimp forks, but only the salad forks, no dinner forks.

The Happy birthday glasses were from DT.

The compote holding the pie was a TS find. The chargers were also HL clearance with the lime green ones I have already used. The linens were TS, as were the small red plates, and the napkin rings are heirloom.

It was a lovely day and Mom had a great time, and somebody actually ate at one of my tables instead of just setting it for fun.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (9)

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Candy, you set a such a bright and cheerful table for your Mom's birthday!
    I love the way plates pop against the turquoise tc.
    The colors compliment each other beautifully.
    I think the Birthday glasses are adorable.
    The cupcakes in the cp are so cute and the pie looks absolutely scrumptious, it's making my mouth water.
    I'm glad your mom enjoyed her birthday. You made it even more special by creating this wonderful table for her.
    Nana

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Candy, wonderful birthday ts for DM. Peach-huckleberry pie looks yummy, sounds delicious. Your new/old compote was a great find too. Red cp candle and little lantern really add to the pop. Are the napkin rings an heirloom from DM?

So neat you found plates with a touch of turquoise to use for DM's ts. Sweet pattern and the red plates, another nice find. Love the flatware pattern, looks brand new. Darling BDay glasses and I love all the cupcakes sprinkled around.

So glad to hear you made DM feel Special on her bday. Hope you have many more wonderful years together. Brightened my day seeing this ts this morning.Thanks!

Punk

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

Wow! Bright and cheerful. Another winner. I love the Happy Birthday glasses.

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

What a delightful table! I'm sure your Mom was thrilled...both with the table and with the pie!

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Yes, a 'happy' table...bright & cheery & the 'pie' centerpc...yum! Looks like such fun...& to have your Mom there w/you to share it! The flatware is a bargain! The plates remind me of a wallpaper pattern...so bold & beautiful...love them w/your t'cloth! You did good, girl...TFS your Mom's birth-day! Jeanne S.

• User
    11 years ago

That is sooo pretty!!

• maximavswife
    11 years ago

Lovely table for mom! I love the plates! they could be used in the fall, in the spring, anytime! Just lovely Candy. I'll be over for pie later (you did save me a piece, right?)!
    Kath

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Nana, thanks, she was very appreciative.

Punk, I actually should have said vintage, I bought the napkin rings decades ago.

F2BH, I had to go to several different DT stores as I found the B-day glasses, but the 1st store only had one of that pattern, and I didn't like the other pattern as well. So it took about 4 stores to find all 4 the same.

Marlene, that pie is a favorite of hers and when we got to the restaurant, they did not have one in the case. I explained why I "needed" it and they found one in the back, fresh out of the oven!!

Jeanne, I thought the plates were so pretty and eye-catching, I bought 8 of them. I plan to use them in our retirement home.

Missy, thank you.

Kathe, sorry, but it was a very small pie! LOL Maybe we can go to lunch sometime and have a piece for dessert.

Thanks again everybody,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

That is one very HAPPY Birthday table. Ditto on what all the others said about it being so cheerful and pretty. Your Mom had a wonderful day, but then she has a wonderful daughter to share it with.
    ;o)

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living
More Discussions