Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vineyard China Cabinet

Posted by phonegirl (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 16, 12 at 0:04

Since I got so many of these dishes, I decorated my china cabinet with them too. The wine bottle on the front is from one of our employees. She melted and decorated this for me as part of my Christmas present last year.

Used some of DM's glasses and most of my crystal liquor decanters.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Punk

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vineyard China Cabinet

REALLY pretty!! And I love how you added all the greenery in the cabinet!

hugs, Karen

o

Punk, you did a terrific job decorating your China cabinet.
The strawberry plates look so pretty with the new ones.
It was a great idea to use your wine decanters.
I love the glasses with the grapes on them too.
Makes me want a glass of wine, but it's a little too early lol.
Nana

o

Fabulous!! Color me greeeen with envy on your new dish set. You done a great job tucking everything in ,each and every piece just "fits".
It's perfectly balanced with just the right amount of dishes , greenery , and the crystal/glass adds a little sparkle but not to much.
LOVE IT!!

o

Very pretty! Such nice colors and a great selection of china, glassware, etc.

o

I'm loving your new dishes, Punk. Your cabinet is beautiful on it's own, but you really did a nice job with the plates, deanters, and greenery to set it off. Nice silver set on top as well. Neat that you found the perfect place for your melted wine bottle as well. Nice job, gal.

Luvs

o

Wow! Your china cabinet looks beautiful! I lost my comment to you on your other post so you don't know that I LOVE your new/old dishes! Matter of fact, I am turning green w/envy here!

Love all the greenery you added...I think Purplemoon took my words before I got here....REALLY pretty!!! TFS, punk! Jeanne S.

o

I'm starting over since I lost all my comments
last night and my computer decided it did not
want to reconnect to the internet. I have been
trying for an hour plus this morning and finally
I'm on. Thanks so much everyone for all your
sweet comments on my china cabinet. Now I'm
heading over to see Nana's new post while I'm
still connected. All this technology can be a
pain at times.sigh!

Punk

o

Well...I wrote a comment..and my computer crashed...
(been giving me problems..so here goes again..
Punk, like every one else said, you did such a
wonderful job on your cabinet..Luvs is right the cabinet stands on it's own..it's such a beautiful piece.
Love the new dishes and how you layered the two patterns..also combining the strawberry plates, stems and
greenery adds nice color. I like 'the look' and your idea of using the different decanters.
What an impressive display...I think this is one of your best!
jane

o

Jane, wonderful to hear from you.
I've missed you and your sweet comments!
How are you doing? I get so caught up
in my own little world that I don't keep
in contact like I should.

Punk

o

Punk,

What kind of glass is that you have on top of your cabinet? I have my grandmother's set of shrimp cocktail glasses that look very similar. They are silver/gray colored at the top and then fade into clear glass. My mom and I are clueless about them and would love to know more. Would appreciate any insight if you have it : ) .

o

Bleigh, what you spotted on top of my c. cab is a silver cake plate with a clear dome. I would suggest do a search on the internet for silver fade glasses. Do these I found on ebay look like yours?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-8-Silver-Fade-Dorothy-Thorpe-Shrimp-Cocktail-Dish-Retro-Mid-Century-Eames-/200752774857

Punk

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-8-Silver-Fade-Dorothy-Thorpe-Shrimp-Cocktail-Dish-Retro-Mid-Century-Eames

o

HEY...those are the same ones!! I wasn't using the term "silver fade" in my searches. Tried all sort of other combinations of silver and glass, but not that. Thanks a bunch!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here