Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Vineyard China Cabinet

phonegirl
11 years ago

Since I got so many of these dishes, I decorated my china cabinet with them too. The wine bottle on the front is from one of our employees. She melted and decorated this for me as part of my Christmas present last year.

Used some of DM's glasses and most of my crystal liquor decanters.

Punk

Comments (12)

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

REALLY pretty!! And I love how you added all the greenery in the cabinet!

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Punk, you did a terrific job decorating your China cabinet.
    The strawberry plates look so pretty with the new ones.
    It was a great idea to use your wine decanters.
    I love the glasses with the grapes on them too.
    Makes me want a glass of wine, but it's a little too early lol.
    Nana

• milosmom_gw
    11 years ago

Fabulous!! Color me greeeen with envy on your new dish set. You done a great job tucking everything in ,each and every piece just "fits".
    It's perfectly balanced with just the right amount of dishes , greenery , and the crystal/glass adds a little sparkle but not to much.
    LOVE IT!!

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Very pretty! Such nice colors and a great selection of china, glassware, etc.

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

I'm loving your new dishes, Punk. Your cabinet is beautiful on it's own, but you really did a nice job with the plates, deanters, and greenery to set it off. Nice silver set on top as well. Neat that you found the perfect place for your melted wine bottle as well. Nice job, gal.

Luvs

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Wow! Your china cabinet looks beautiful! I lost my comment to you on your other post so you don't know that I LOVE your new/old dishes! Matter of fact, I am turning green w/envy here!

Love all the greenery you added...I think Purplemoon took my words before I got here....REALLY pretty!!! TFS, punk! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm starting over since I lost all my comments
    last night and my computer decided it did not
    want to reconnect to the internet. I have been
    trying for an hour plus this morning and finally
    I'm on. Thanks so much everyone for all your
    sweet comments on my china cabinet. Now I'm
    heading over to see Nana's new post while I'm
    still connected. All this technology can be a
    pain at times.sigh!

Punk

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Well...I wrote a comment..and my computer crashed...
    (been giving me problems..so here goes again..
    Punk, like every one else said, you did such a
    wonderful job on your cabinet..Luvs is right the cabinet stands on it's own..it's such a beautiful piece.
    Love the new dishes and how you layered the two patterns..also combining the strawberry plates, stems and
    greenery adds nice color. I like 'the look' and your idea of using the different decanters.
    What an impressive display...I think this is one of your best!
    jane

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jane, wonderful to hear from you.
    I've missed you and your sweet comments!
    How are you doing? I get so caught up
    in my own little world that I don't keep
    in contact like I should.

Punk

• bleigh
    11 years ago

Punk,

What kind of glass is that you have on top of your cabinet? I have my grandmother's set of shrimp cocktail glasses that look very similar. They are silver/gray colored at the top and then fade into clear glass. My mom and I are clueless about them and would love to know more. Would appreciate any insight if you have it : ) .

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Bleigh, what you spotted on top of my c. cab is a silver cake plate with a clear dome. I would suggest do a search on the internet for silver fade glasses. Do these I found on ebay look like yours?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-8-Silver-Fade-Dorothy-Thorpe-Shrimp-Cocktail-Dish-Retro-Mid-Century-Eames-/200752774857

Punk

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-8-Silver-Fade-Dorothy-Thorpe-Shrimp-Cocktail-Dish-Retro-Mid-Century-Eames

• bleigh
    11 years ago

HEY...those are the same ones!! I wasn't using the term "silver fade" in my searches. Tried all sort of other combinations of silver and glass, but not that. Thanks a bunch!!

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer
More Discussions