Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No holiday pics but good intentions!

Posted by jeannespines (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 18, 10 at 23:46

Ahhhh, I am out of steam! Trying to garden, trying to get some holiday decor done, trying to clean house....and it rains, rains, rains, storms, storms, storms! UGH!

Stay tuned for the beg of the week & I will share some pics of Flag Day/July 4th decor! I just finished a bit ago with the LR/Dining area ...and now must wait for daylight to take some pics...also, lost electricity for awhile!

Kids coming home tomorrow, Farmer's Market in the morning (if it's not raining), & book club at my house Mon. night...keeps ya' hoppin', right! Life is good!

So, I'm just attaching one pic & that's one I put on the Garden Junk site...it's my "Tipsy Buckets" taken yesterday, link below (if you're interested in reading the thread). Anyway, Happy Father's Day & a good weekend to you all! Now, I must go "unwind" on the couch before bed! Jeanne S.
Tipsy Buckets Wave Petunias/Dusty Miller/Lobelia 6.10

Here is a link that might be useful: Tipsy Buckets Overflowing!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No holiday pics but good intentions!

Jeanne, I love your tipsy pots with the watering cans and tubs. Your flowers spilling out of them are such a pretty color too. I have the flower pot tipsy stack in my back yard--had to make one when I saw them on the GJ forum back when I first found it--lots of fun ideas over there.

I just heard on the news that the Midwest states are getting hit with lots of storms and rain, rain, rain. Makes it hard for farmers to get in the fields and for gardeners to get things planted--we usually have the opposite problem out here--not enough rain and having watering restrictions!

Hope you got rested up a bit and that you'll get to go to the Farmer's market. TTYL

Luvs

o

Oh Jeanne your tipsy pots are darling. Do these look this good all summer? I have a hard time keeping things like this alive. Luvs, you have one too. You ladies are so creative.

Will look forward to your holiday decor. We have company coming for 10 days so I'm sure it will be hard for me to keep up.

Your weather sounds exactly like ours. DH is bridge forman for this county so he's been running high water and putting in long hours.

Luvs, speaking of farmers, no one here has been able to start haying and most usually have the 1st crop up by the 4th of July. Hope the rain slows long enough for then to get some haying done soon.

Punk

o

Jeanne, I commented on GJ on these so you know I love them.
My tipsy pots have to get silk flowers, but I do have fun decorating them for the different holidays/seasons.
If I wasn't a Serial Flower Killer, I'd love to have wave petunias in mine. I think they look so pretty when I've seen photos of them. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about watering in this blasted heat.

send rain this way, Gals....
hugs, Karen

o

Thanks, ladies ...glad you enjoyed my Tipsey Buckets! The Wave Petunias do get leggy for me & don't last all summer...at least looking this pretty! But I thought I'd give them a try & June certainly has been rewarding with all the natural watering!

"Serial Flower Killer"...purplemoon, OMGosh, so LOL over that statement! Remember you live in AZ! I can't imagine the summer heat & not much rain! Your gardens are beautiful the way you do them!

Ok, I'm going to post another thread on RW&B decor. Thanks for lookin'! Jeanne S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here