Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

No holiday pics but good intentions!

jeannespines
13 years ago

Ahhhh, I am out of steam! Trying to garden, trying to get some holiday decor done, trying to clean house....and it rains, rains, rains, storms, storms, storms! UGH!

Stay tuned for the beg of the week & I will share some pics of Flag Day/July 4th decor! I just finished a bit ago with the LR/Dining area ...and now must wait for daylight to take some pics...also, lost electricity for awhile!

Kids coming home tomorrow, Farmer's Market in the morning (if it's not raining), & book club at my house Mon. night...keeps ya' hoppin', right! Life is good!

So, I'm just attaching one pic & that's one I put on the Garden Junk site...it's my "Tipsy Buckets" taken yesterday, link below (if you're interested in reading the thread). Anyway, Happy Father's Day & a good weekend to you all! Now, I must go "unwind" on the couch before bed! Jeanne S.

{{gwi:138534}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Tipsy Buckets Overflowing!

Comments (4)

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I love your tipsy pots with the watering cans and tubs. Your flowers spilling out of them are such a pretty color too. I have the flower pot tipsy stack in my back yard--had to make one when I saw them on the GJ forum back when I first found it--lots of fun ideas over there.

I just heard on the news that the Midwest states are getting hit with lots of storms and rain, rain, rain. Makes it hard for farmers to get in the fields and for gardeners to get things planted--we usually have the opposite problem out here--not enough rain and having watering restrictions!

Hope you got rested up a bit and that you'll get to go to the Farmer's market. TTYL

Luvs

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Oh Jeanne your tipsy pots are darling. Do these look this good all summer? I have a hard time keeping things like this alive. Luvs, you have one too. You ladies are so creative.

Will look forward to your holiday decor. We have company coming for 10 days so I'm sure it will be hard for me to keep up.

Your weather sounds exactly like ours. DH is bridge forman for this county so he's been running high water and putting in long hours.

Luvs, speaking of farmers, no one here has been able to start haying and most usually have the 1st crop up by the 4th of July. Hope the rain slows long enough for then to get some haying done soon.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I commented on GJ on these so you know I love them.
    My tipsy pots have to get silk flowers, but I do have fun decorating them for the different holidays/seasons.
    If I wasn't a Serial Flower Killer, I'd love to have wave petunias in mine. I think they look so pretty when I've seen photos of them. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about watering in this blasted heat.

send rain this way, Gals....
    hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, ladies ...glad you enjoyed my Tipsey Buckets! The Wave Petunias do get leggy for me & don't last all summer...at least looking this pretty! But I thought I'd give them a try & June certainly has been rewarding with all the natural watering!

"Serial Flower Killer"...purplemoon, OMGosh, so LOL over that statement! Remember you live in AZ! I can't imagine the summer heat & not much rain! Your gardens are beautiful the way you do them!

Ok, I'm going to post another thread on RW&B decor. Thanks for lookin'! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
More Discussions