Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janet1_2007

Hello and an update

janet1_2007
11 years ago

Seems like it has been forever since I have posted anything on GW, but I faithfully check in everyday to see what everybody else is up too. Things with us are just up and down. DH has his good days and then he has bad days when he can't seem to remember anything. Today has been a good day, other than being so darn hot. We got to do a little Yard saleing and hit a couple of thrift stores today, it was just to hot outside to do yard or garden work. I came home with sooooo much good stuff that I just couldn't live without and spent under $20 which is my self imposed limit for the day. I got a big ceramic? turkey, thinking fall, Thanksgiving, for $1, A fall harvest plate/candle holder for $3 and when I bought it the lady threw in a large basket of fall potpouri for free. Then I found a large black charger plate that I glued a candle holder that I spray painted black for a Halloween cake stand, (or New Years or an Over the Hill Birthday party. I also sprayed 3 candle holders to match the black and am glueing them to 3 graduated sized black plates to make a halloween or whatever stacking plate for treats or centerpieces. Seems like I am stuck on candle holders, besides the ones for the black plate projects, I bought 2 different sets of stemmed holders, one blue, which I plan to add to my 4th decor $1 each) and a white set which was 1/2 price ($1) on the last day of the Humanne Society Thrift sale.I also got a beautiful frosted glass Christmas tray/platter? for $1 there. Can't decide which it is ,tray or serving platter, but it is huge with a flutted edge around . I also got a cute little hindged basket that I plan to use with flowers and greenery. I also found a large white pillar candle with a finish that looked like grey marble lines running through it.I also got 2 sets of mini blinds, new in box ,$3 for both sets there, and then at GW I found a complete Scrabble game for .50.And a little Christmas book of the Nutcracker story, and a small wooden Bread Bowl with the Give Us This Day verse on it. It needs some tender loving care, sand and refinish or paint? and out of that same $20 DH bought a tool that he wanted(thought he needed). Pretty good for a couple of hours in 98 degree heat, I think. Please keep posting, it is my go to thing when I get so stressed out. Our gang is the best!Everybody have a safe and happy 4th.Blessings to all, Janet

Comments (8)

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Loved reading your post! Its wonderful your DH is having some good days and can go thrifting with you. You sure made a haul! WOW. I can't wait to see that big turkey you paid a 'whole dollar' for!!
    You are really thinking ahead and being creative with painting too!! ;o)

You're so right, our gang IS the best! And I come here each evening to see what's going on. I've just been a dud about posting lately.
    hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Like Karen I can say the same thing, "I've just been a dud about posting lately." LOL! So it is good to hear from you Janet. Sounds like some great 'finds' @ $$bargain prices. I am happy your hubby had a good day out with you...the heat is bad here now, too & humidity...but it's Summer! Lookin' forward to seeing you post some of your stuff in the future! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Janet, it is wonderful to hear from you. So glad you and DH could do some shopping together. I loved reading about all your wonderful buys too. That turkey sounds pretty neat.

Hope you will share pictures when you have time. I just finished a table so will post pictures so you have something to see when visiting. Company is gone until tomorrow so I have time to do it so better get off here.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Janet, it is so good to hear from you.
    I'm glad you were able to get out and do some bargain hunting with your DH.
    Sounds like you had fun and found some neat things.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the turkey too.
    It's been hot here too and with no rain, the grass is turning brown.
    Enjoy the 4th and please keep in touch.
    Nana

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

I too have been a "dud" about posting. No real excuse except that my friend gave me this great "Bejeweled" game and I'm addicted! LOL

Janet, so glad you had a fun day. Your post made me so excited I could hardly wait to read about the next item you had found! LOL

Luvs

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

I'm so behind in reading posts, but I'm glad you found time to post Janet. Glad you and DH got to get out to some yardsales and that you had such a successful day and found lots of treasures!

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

Janet, I have been MIA but glad to hear from you and that you got out to have some fun going "saleing!"
    Would love to see some photos if you get a chance.
    So glad you had some fun and that your DH had a good day.
    Take care and enjoy all your new treasures.

Sounds like several of us have had "Dud" fever, LOL.

TFS,
    Candy

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Gee Janet...as you can see by my VERY late reply...
    I've been 'out of it' lately. So much going on here besides the darn heat.
    However, it was good hearing from you and that you had a good day with DH...
    finding some amazing 'can't live without' things. They all sound wonderful..and yes can't live without! lol
    Glad you can come here to escape...when needed.
    Take care...and remember we love hearing from you.
    jane

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz
More Discussions