Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Shell We Dine In Tablescape

phonegirl
12 years ago

Hope this will help with things slowing down on here. DH had to work late today with high water so I sat up a little dinner for the two of us at the bar. DH is the Bridge Forman for the county so he has been working alot of over time lately.

I have alot of other shells from DGM but didn't want to drag them out. Nothing fancy but a "little bit o' fun". I was always going to set up a table with the theme "the day the snails came to party in my garden" but can't seem to find the time to set it up!

Punk

Comments (11)

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Sweet! Love those plates you used. And a pretty blue in the napkins.
    Last summer I decided to try decorating with seashells and other ocean-y stuff just for something different. Thought I'd do it again this year, after the 4th. Only way to get seashells in the desert...buy them. LOL.

And thank you for posting!! I was beginning to feel like the Lone Stranger here. Everyone must be off gardening or vacationing. That's ok, I'm used to talking to myself a lot. LOL.
    But I'll sure be glad when some of the gang drifts back in.

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Very pretty Punk...I like the look of the two dishes.(white on white)...they work well together and the blue stems & napkins are a nice soft touch of color.
    Your DGM shell dishes are lovely and unusual.
    I've noticed over time, all the lovely dishes you've shown, from your DM & DGM...I think they would have been right at home here as 'Happy Dish Enablers' !! lol
    The cp with the shells and the cloche are nice accents too.
    Did you stack shells on that cake plate with the candle holder? Nice touch.
    Glad to see you brought some 'life' to our slow board.

jane

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Don't mean to 'HiJack' Punk's post...
    Karen... or should I say 'Lone Stranger' !! too funny..
    Just when I felt I would find some time to post a Tscape again...after having a large Winter/and rainy Spring clean up on our property this year - the other night, we lost a huge tree that was part of a cluster. It split in half from lightening and luckily fell away from our house. Making a mess. The other half (leaning towards the house) will have to be taken down. I guess as they say, 'When It Rains...It Pours' ... leaving More cleanup !!
    Sure hope I can get back to some Tablescapes soon before the 4th!

jane

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Punk, What a pretty table..I've never seen plates like these. Seashells are just right for a summer table, The blue napkins and stemware add to the feeling of a day at the ocean. I bet you DH enjoyed a nice relaxing dinner with you after along day at work.
    TFS
    NanaK

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Yeah, Punk was creative and shared with us! Bet Karen was jumping for joy when she saw this post! "Lone Stranger", too funny! How do you come up with this stuff Miss Karen?

Those are really unique plates. Are they snails? Or just shells? Perfect plates to use with all your nice shells. I really like how you stacked the candle pieces and always love shells in a glass jar. I did a couple of tables using my shell collection a couple years ago. I remember painting a lighthouse for one and a little gal in a swimsuit for the other one.

Bet DH was glad to get home and have a nice hot meal and get some rest. Mother Nature seems to be keeping allot of people busy these days.

Jane, so sorry to hear about your tree. Thank goodness the lightning didn't hit closer to the house and that the main portion of the tree went away from the house. Guess you will have lots of wood to stack for use in your fireplace, huh?

Luvs

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Those dinner plates are JUST so pretty & UNIQUE, punk! Very nice for you & DH...hope the high water settles down in re to your DH's work.

Your clear jar w/shells looks charming for part of the centerpc...it reminds me of those glass pumpkins w/lid because I just bought another for 25 cts at GS while on vac...I didn't need it as I got one last season...but I thought of the ideas I've seen on here!

So, PM, you & the "Holiday-ers" seem to be w/me (even on vacation!) LOL! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Love the shell plates! And the whole beachy theme of the dinner! Hope your DH gets to come home on time soon...I know that gets pretty tiring after a while...for both of you!

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

What a pretty table!

I think I have the same white dinner plates, but I have never seen anything like the shell plates.

You pulled everything together very nicely, and the colors are very calming.

Did someone sell you those seashells by the seashore?? LOL

TFS,
    Candy

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

I love those plates! I have silver snail napkin rings that would be perfect with that table. Pottery Barn Outlet I think!
    Very cute!

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

I am envying those dishes. I have never seen salad plates like those before. I think that is a perfect Tablescape to relax your DH from all the overtime, a mini vacation at the end of a long day. Janet

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks so much everyone for all your comments. Your such a fun bunch! My how time is flying for me these days. I read all your comments one night last week but must of forgot to submit.

DH is still working every day. I will be working 6 days a week starting next month so you may not hear from me as often. We will probably spend most of our time at home Sleeping!!!

Punk

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations
More Discussions