Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
milosmom_gw

Going summer * table & c. cabinet + a ts find to*

milosmom_gw
11 years ago

Having time to play is fun. :-)

I got around and changed out the Memorial Day scapes for something abit more summer-ish.

I was hoping for "more beachy" but it is what it is.

Here's the table... (and just the other day , I was commenting that I couldn't find any blue wine glasses. The decorating fairies must have been on my shoulder as I walked into the DT and low n behold there were blue glasses on the shelf. They just jumped right into my basket all by themselves. :-)

The china cabinet...

My favorite T.S. find so far (but then again, I'm a bit biased). I was just fixing to leave the store and happened to look down on the bottom shelf and there the little fellow set.

and awhile back when I did my kitchen update , someone had asked me to post a pic of my whole kitchen. For some reason , I never got around to it but thought of it this evening when I was doing the table. Half a chubby cat included...lol

Comments (8)

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

MM...Great Summer table.
    I like your palm tree dishes and how you layered them.
    That CP with the shells is a pretty touch too.
    I'm always impressed with how you decorate your China Cabinet ea time.
    The lighting and large glass doors always show off your dishes beautifully.
    I had to laugh at you finding that 'little guy'!
    I think he was waiting just for you to bring him home and he looks great in your kitchen.
    Did you do your kitchen update yourself?
    I hadn't seen it 'before'...but I like what I'm seeing now.
    The small glass tiles go perfectly with your cabinets...nice choice. I had to look twice to see your
    'half chubby cat' !! lol
    jane

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

MM, I love your summer table!
    It has a real beachy feel esp. with the "sand" colored tablecloth and napkins, blue napkin rings and seashells.
    It's great that you were able to find the blue glasses, [did you do the happy dance?] lol, they are perfect. I'm sure you will get a lot of use out of them.
    The china cabinet looks so pretty too, It is a wonderful piece and it must be fun to decorate it to match your tables.
    Your new 'little guy' is adorable and looks right at home in your beautiful kitchen. I agree with Jane the glass tiles are a nice choice..they are perfect with you cabinets.
    I'm so glad you are back and sharing your lovely tables with us.
    Nana

• milosmom_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jane : TY. Yes, I was brave enough to do the kitchen myself. My poor DH helped me heave the countertops in place and replace the flooring but the tile, paint ect were my own project.
    It's not designer by any means but functional and much prettier than it was several years ago when we bought the house. At first look, it was plaid wall paper on half the wall, scary ick green painted paneling on the bottom and a HUGE rooster wallpaper border running around the whole room. Oh my!
    I stripped the paper and painted within the first 6 months since I couldn't live with the plaid chickens but saved money for a few years to really finish it.
    The computer with the original pics on it crashed ages ago but I did manage to find one pic of the snowman made from a christmas tree that I lifted from our oh so creative Candy.
    You can kind of see how the kitchen was in it...

Nana: Yes, I did do the "happy dance". LOL Look for something forever and it's right in front of me when I walk in the door. woohoo.
    TY for your nice comments on my CC. It's came a long ways from the horrible mauve/brownish/purple-y colored filthy thing that smelled like a chicken coop when I brought it home.
    I LOVE having it as it's the one place I can decorate with "fun dangerous stuff" that the cat has no business getting into (like thin glass, easter grass, sand ..ect).

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

I agree with everything Nana and Jane said. Your "half chubby cat" really made me laugh. Your kitchen update turned out great--big pats on the back for you! The china cabinet has great glass doors for really being able to see your pretty china inside and you do such a nice job of decorating it too. Luvs

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Pretty table, lovely goblets, cute pug and beautiful kitchen reno!!

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Wow, MM!...I'm ready to build a 'sand-castle' with you on that table! Looks very summer-y!! Love the place-settings ...the 'sand' linens & seashells & domed glass!

Your cabinet is beautiful! ...as now your kitchen!!! WOW Fantastic re-do! Good for you! WOW! I love it! Now you can 'crow' about it WITHOUT the roosters! TFS! Jeanne S. (& of course, your had to bring that lil' guy home!)

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Your plam tree dishes are wonderful on your table and in the china cabinet. Perfect lighting to show them off. So glad your fairy took your hand and lead you to the Blue glasses. Cute pug you found to sit on your beautiful counters.

Enjoyed seeing the whole kitchen. When all the work is done it's always great to see every time you walk in or by. Looks so modern and nice. Even frosty looks happy there.LOL

Again, it's great to have you back posting.

Punk

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

Aloha!! I can almost hear the waves crashing.
    So perfectly captured the beach feel.

That little cloche is really cute and I Your kitchen looks fabulous, and of course, I like the Snowman Tree!! Kudos on a great job on both.

TFS,
    Candy