Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

4th of July table

excessfroufrou
12 years ago

Oh my goodness it's hotter than a firecracker here. I decided to get my 4th of July table done before we all melt. I'm finally using my new Sukura star dishes that I got at the TS. I also recently got the clear Fostoria stems at a TS for a $1.00 each (5). Also, I think this is the first time that I used the gold flatware. I had the little Uncle Sam bank for many years as well as the blocks. The whole table looks a little off to me, I think the heat may have drained my creative energies.

Frou

Comments (10)

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

The weather sounds awful but your table is beautiful. The new Sukura star dishes are perfect for this table. Love the Fostoria stems you found. They are great with the blue and red ones.

The cloche with the bank and blocks is sweet for the cp. Beautiful gold flatware and it looks nice with the cute place cards. Did you make these? I'm really liking your place mats and napkins to tie it all together too.

I don't think the heat has drained your creativenes at all. It's wonderful.

Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Heat wave here, too, frou! Ugh! But it looks like you used your time creatively indoors!

I LOVE your new placesetting dishes & those accessories you got, too! And the stemware is quite wonderful with each being a RW or B color to celebrate July 4th! The blue glass candleholders are lovely.

The gold flatware is perfect w/those dishes!!! And I like how you followed thru w/that gold charger under the Uncle Sam bank & blocks...that is just downright CUTE!!! (the red mat under that looks good there, too).

You say something looks a little 'off' to you...I am wondering how it would look if moved your
    Sukura accessories onto a smaller gold plate of some sort & take away the red plaid piece...or just sat them on the t'cloth...& centered that CUTE centerpc more in the center...of course, candles wouldn't fit so you'd have to move those...etc. etc...

Oh my, I haven't been doing any t'scaping so now I'm doing yours' in my mind! I think it's wonderful just as IT IS, too! TFS, frou. Happy 4th! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Oh Frou, you put together such a pretty table!
    Your Sakura dishes are beautiful. I like the pretty star place cards, and your red placemats and napkins go perfectly - along with the gold flatware.
    Your glassware looks nice grouped together -Great buy on the Fostoria. Also using the Cloche to showcase your CP is such a clever idea..Everything looks nicely put together and very Patriotic! Got any 'Sparklers' ?? lol
    As far as the Summer Heat - for me, I'll take that any day, over the terrible Winter we just had...
    Stay cool...

jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Frou, the centerpiece is adorable. I love the plaid napkins and placemats also. Dishes and flatware so very pretty. You look creative to me!

Jane, come on over, supposed to be 115-118 this weekend.
    Heat warnings all over the place.
    hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

I love your table, Frou.
    It is perfect as it is. Uncle Sam looks proud to be the guest of honor. He looks great displayed in the cloche!
    Your Sukura china is perfect for this table. How lucky to find the Fostoria stemware at such a great price, it goes so well with the red and blue ones on this lovely Patriotic table. I really like the red and white checked napkins and blue candle holders. Your gold flat ware is so pretty, perfect for this table. Sorry you are going through a heat wave. The weather here has been wonderful the past few days. Temps in the 80s and low humidity. But it won't last...
    NanaK

• excessfroufrou
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Punk, I just cut the stars out and wrote on them, the little star holders came with the set of china along with plates, salad plates, soup bowls, creamer and sugar, salt/pepper and napkin rings (service for 4). I thought $20.00 was a deal for all this.
    Jeanne, I think your ideas would most likely help, unfortunately I've already cleared the table, we are getting ready for another camping trip.
    Thanks Jane, I'm sorry to whine about the weather, I know y'all had a really rough winter.
    Karen, I'm shutting my trap about the heat right now, I don't think I could take 115-118.
    NanaK, I was so tickled to get the Fostoria, except now I'll have to be on the look out for more, I only got five and I can't live with odd numbers.
    Frou

• valleymagpie
    12 years ago

Frou,

Everything looks great to me. I really like those blue glass candleholders with the red candles, and your dishes are terrific. I have always like red-and-white plaid, too.

I hope you are going camping where the weather will be cooler! We had a colder and rainier spring than usual but now it's gorgeous--low 'eighties, blue skies, the tomatoes are ripening...(I'll be whining when we get our 100+ days, LOL).

Nice job on the table.

- Magpie

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Yikes Karen....I like Summer heat...but NOT at your temps!
    Seems like your Summer temps are like our Winters...both are unbearable and keep you banished indoors!

jane

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Love those pretty dishes with the gold stars! You did a great job of pulling the gold from them with your pretty gold silverware and the gold tray under the cloche. Really like how you used the three glasses for the red/white/blue theme too. My favorite part is that cute Uncle Sam bank and the blocks--perfect for this holiday! Luvs

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Such a pretty table Frou! Love the new dishes and glassware...can't believe that they are TS finds! And I love the round placemats too! Your Uncle Sam in the cloche is perfect for the centerpiece!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions